Driver1

Is Cracker Barrel racist?

masterrig

I've been meaning to ask you... how are the fire fighters doing up there? I know what y'all are going through. We've had our share of wildfire. Just be safe!!

Chuck

The wind here at my place in the foothills of the Cascades on the west slope was blowing from the east this morning and its hazy and the smell of cremated forest is on the breeze.

The crews are stretched thin.. the National guard is deploying as are active duty guys. Hell at this point they are calling for any civie volunteers who have any experience... or any construction guys with dozer kind of experience to cut lines..

The problem is the wind... it is strong over there... and fire breaks are just being jumped at will by the blowing embers. Even back fires don't seem to be working as well.
The winds keep shifting.... and that killed 3 guys.

I fought fire on the lines back in the 70's.... it is a hot... dirty... dangerous job..

On the home front I have been strategically watering my yard... cut down high brush.... and cut back any grass from the house and out buildings... about as ready as I can be....and the rains last week really helped.

But East side is not getting any break....

Amazon

***I've been meaning to ask you... how are the fire fighters doing up there? I know what y'all are going through. We've had our share of wildfire. Just be safe!!

Chuck

The wind here at my place in the foothills of the Cascades on the west slope was blowing from the east this morning and its hazy and the smell of cremated forest is on the breeze.

The crews are stretched thin.. the National guard is deploying as are active duty guys. Hell at this point they are calling for any civie volunteers who have any experience... or any construction guys with dozer kind of experience to cut lines..

The problem is the wind... it is strong over there... and fire breaks are just being jumped at will by the blowing embers. Even back fires don't seem to be working as well.
The winds keep shifting.... and that killed 3 guys.

I fought fire on the lines back in the 70's.... it is a hot... dirty... dangerous job..

On the home front I have been strategically watering my yard... cut down high brush.... and cut back any grass from the house and out buildings... about as ready as I can be....and the rains last week really helped.

But East side is not getting any break....

It's always the wind and as the fire gets bigger it creates it's own wind. Only to intensify the fire.

As I read what you wrote, I could feel how I did during the last wildfire we had here. I read about the firefighters who died, doing their job. That's heart-breaking. Sounds like you've mitigated and done all you could. Just don't get in a bind and stay safe.

Chuck

masterrig

******I've been meaning to ask you... how are the fire fighters doing up there? I know what y'all are going through. We've had our share of wildfire. Just be safe!!

Chuck

The winds keep shifting....

It's always the wind and as the fire gets bigger it creates it's own wind. Only to intensify the fire. Chuck

Ya, they tend to blow a lot of hot air on that side of the country...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

*********I've been meaning to ask you... how are the fire fighters doing up there? I know what y'all are going through. We've had our share of wildfire. Just be safe!!

Chuck

The winds keep shifting....

It's always the wind and as the fire gets bigger it creates it's own wind. Only to intensify the fire. Chuck

Ya, they tend to blow a lot of hot air on that side of the country...

I hadn't heard that.

Chuck

"Cracker Barrel!!" Jeeeeezus!!!! Like the man said, Crackers usteta' get sold in "Barrels." Just like nails and "RUM!!!!!!" Get Used to it!!!! If you are too young to remember "Back When," then take a "Red!!!" Maybe you are young enough to remember that.......on the other hand.......if you did, ....maybe you 'CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Got RUM!!!!!!!!!.................OUTLAW!!!!!,
III%,
skybill-out
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

skybill

"Cracker Barrel!!" Jeeeeezus!!!! Like the man said, Crackers usteta' get sold in "Barrels." Just like nails and "RUM!!!!!!" Get Used to it!!!! If you are too young to remember "Back When," then take a "Red!!!" Maybe you are young enough to remember that.......on the other hand.......if you did, ....maybe you 'CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Got RUM!!!!!!!!!.................OUTLAW!!!!!,
III%,
skybill-out

Wow, that sounds a lot like you were sampling your own product there Bill.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun