Driver1

Is Cracker Barrel racist?

normiss

Unfamiliar with the term house negro I guess.
Either way, that's what Aunt Jemima IS.
I'd think it would be easy to see why it's offensive.
I think Flip Wilson may be the only black person that found humor in that.

I'm familiar with the term. I had friends who had parents who hired black women as cleaning ladies who did house chores. They paid good, for the times and whenever I was around, I thought they were treated good and spoken highly of after they went home.
I've learned, over the years that people can twist and turn anything to suit their 'needs'.

Chuck

We had an occasional part time house negro mammy when I was a kid.
Maybe I saw something from another perspective.
A drunk step dad calling my mom a nigger lover probably didn't help either.
;)
I saw the US Air Force attitude towards black people in the 60's-70's.
I saw the southern US attitude towards black people in the 60's-70's.
I saw plenty.

Coreeece

***PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Indeed, In such a society I would imagine that when kids lose, they get trophies...and when bankers fail, they get bonuses. Yay!

The 'PC' folks that I've seen, were arrogant, self-centered, verbal bullies. You'd better not be that way with them, though.

Chuck

Amazon

******this is like black people calling each other the n word.

if black folks owns this type of franchise they are welcome to call their restaurant ni**a barrel.

white ownership, therefore they can call each other whatever they want.

I don't know about that...white people calling each other crackers is like boasting about being a slave owner.

Counting down.....

Enter Florida guy to enlighten :ph34r:

Cracker is the term for the cattle driver. They used whips to herd the cattle, hence Florida Crackers.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

masterrig

***Unfamiliar with the term house negro I guess.

I'm familiar with the term. I had friends who had parents who hired black women as cleaning ladies who did house chores. They paid good, for the times and whenever I was around, I thought they were treated good and spoken highly of after they went home.
I've learned, over the years that people can twist and turn anything to suit their 'needs'.

Chuck

When I was a kid in the 70's, we had a black lady from the country come in to clean our house weekly. Nice older lady. When a stray cat came up to our house one day and had a litter of kittens, we gave them to her to take back to her place.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

******Unfamiliar with the term house negro I guess.

Chuck

When I was a kid in the 70's, we had a black lady from the country come in to clean our house weekly. Nice older lady. When a stray cat came up to our house one day and had a litter of kittens, we gave them to her to take back to her place.

Giving that lady those kittens could be taken two ways, ya' know. :D:D:D;)

Chuck

RonD1120

*********this is like black people calling each other the n word.

if black folks owns this type of franchise they are welcome to call their restaurant ni**a barrel.

white ownership, therefore they can call each other whatever they want.

I don't know about that...white people calling each other crackers is like boasting about being a slave owner.

Counting down.....

Enter Florida guy to enlighten :ph34r:

Cracker is the term for the cattle driver. They used whips to herd the cattle, hence Florida Crackers.

Whips are still used in parts of the country to move cattle. They are used for the sharp cracking sound rather than on the cattle. I wouldn't call those boys 'cracker', either! :D

Chuck

Coreeece

***PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Indeed, In such a society I would imagine that when kids lose, they get trophies...and when bankers fail, they get bonuses. Yay!

Well ya'll go right ahead and treat people as you wish bless year heart.. I like that idea... then I get a clue early on who I need to avoid.

Amazon

******PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Well ya'll go right ahead and treat people as you wish bless year heart.. I like that idea... then I get a clue early on who I need to avoid.

I treat people the way they treat me. If, I don't like the way they are with me... I stay away from them. No sense pokin' a sleepin' bear.

Chuck

masterrig

*********PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

I treat people the way they treat me. If, I don't like the way they are with me... I stay away from them. No sense pokin' a sleepin' bear.

Chuck

You are missing out on lots of adrenaline.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

************PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Chuck

Mr. Turtle, at my age, I don't need no stinkin' adrenaline!:D:D

Chuck

masterrig

***************PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Chuck

Chuck

Bah! It's good to elevate the blood pressure and heart rate a little.
:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

******************PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Chuck

Chuck

I had my blood pressure elevated the other day when I killed a 4' diamond back in my yard! :D

Chuck

masterrig

*********************PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Chuck

Chuck

I had my blood pressure elevated the other day when I killed a 4' diamond back in my yard! :D

Chuck

Was it treating you poorly?
Was it anti redneck?
That was not a PC thing to do. Unless you were collecting stem cells.:)

You should have just urged the thing back, it was his land first anyway.

turtlespeed

************************PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

Was it anti redneck?

Bull-shit! He had ill intent... I could see it in his eyes. It was him or me. It could've been one of my animals. One shot ended all concern.

Chuck

masterrig

***************************PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

Was it anti redneck?

Bull-shit! He had ill intent... I could see it in his eyes. It was him or me. It could've been one of my animals. One shot ended all concern.

Chuck

You should have offered him counseling, and given your gun to the proper authorities.

masterrig

*********************PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

Did you waste it or use it properly.. skin it and dry the skin... and turn the meat into deep fried snake steaks....... seriously.. a 4' Diamondback is just about minimum size for some mighty fine eatin...

turtlespeed

******************************PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

Was it anti redneck?

Chuck

You should have offered him counseling, and given your gun to the proper authorities.

I ain't into that 'touchy-feely' stuff. You'll have to pry my gun from my cold, dead, hands!!
Seriously... I know folks out here who actually move rattle-bugs to some other part of the county. Kinda like the way folks take a dog they don't want 'for a ride'.
I don't like rattlesnakes one bit. Bull snakes, garden snakes... fine. Rattlesnakes... NO!

Chuck

Amazon

************************PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

Did you waste it or use it properly.. skin it and dry the skin... and turn the meat into deep fried snake steaks....... seriously.. a 4' Diamondback is just about minimum size for some mighty fine eatin...

I've eaten rattlesnake and just don't care for it. My neighbor loves the stuff. He got the meat and I'm going to make a hat band. Not all four feet of it... just the best part with the rattler.

Chuck

Amazon

Good man... I like ya Chuck.

I hate seein waste.. even snakes.. it just goes agin my grain. Gramps and gran loved em... we had em often there in N Florida.... great big ones..

Not much better than rattlesnake chili, or gumbo.

Drool.

Amazon

Good man... I like ya Chuck.

I hate seein waste.. even snakes.. it just goes agin my grain. Gramps and gran loved em... we had em often there in N Florida.... great big ones..

God blessed us with various food sources and they should be respected. That's how I was raised to believe.

Chuck

turtlespeed

***Good man... I like ya Chuck.

Not much better than rattlesnake chili, or gumbo.

Drool.

That does sound real tasty. I like nothin' better than a good chili (no beans) or a fine gumbo. Dang, yer makin me hungry!! :D

Chuck