Driver1

Is Cracker Barrel racist?

this is like black people calling each other the n word.

if black folks owns this type of franchise they are welcome to call their restaurant ni**a barrel.

white ownership, therefore they can call each other whatever they want.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

stayhigh

if black folks owns this type of franchise they are welcome to call their restaurant ni**a barrel.

I don't know about that...white people calling each other crackers is like boasting about being a slave owner.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

***this is like black people calling each other the n word.

I don't know about that...white people calling each other crackers is like boasting about being a slave owner.

Counting down.....

Enter Florida guy to enlighten :ph34r:

stayhigh

This may give some insight...

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/03/cracker-barrels-oddly-authentic-version-of-american-history/272826/

Chuck

masterrig

***this is like black people calling each other the n word.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/03/cracker-barrels-oddly-authentic-version-of-american-history/272826/

Chuck

Oh, so it's not really being used as an offensive term referring to white people...Whoda thunk?

Coreeece

******this is like black people calling each other the n word.

Chuck

Oh, so it's not really being used as an offensive term referring to white people...Whoda thunk?

Nutz... ain' it? Seems to me, Cracker Barrel is just trying to be 'nostalgic' but somebody had to come along and make it 'personal'.

Chuck

Elisha

Wasn't there a thread on this a few months back?

I thought about that a little while after I posted this. You're probably right. The change website seems like a joke to me, so I'm sure it was done in jest.

There are other products or brand names like Aunt Jemima syrup and Uncle Ben's rice that could be considered more racist in today's society.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

***Wasn't there a thread on this a few months back?

I thought about that a little while after I posted this. You're probably right. The change website seems like a joke to me, so I'm sure it was done in jest.

There are other products or brand names like Aunt Jemima syrup and Uncle Ben's rice that could be considered more racist in today's society.

I put it all on this country being too deep into P.C.!! The way people get all worked-up over something as silly as syrup or rice, that have been sold for a hundred years, those products are suddenly 'racist'? Just beyond my comprehension. Those people bitchin' and whining about things like that were probably raised on those products... I was and never thought a thing of it! Suddenly, they are offensive and racist. That's what P.C. has reduced people to. Gimme a break!

Chuck

I, too, grew up in that environment.
Most of the people in my family used the word nigger quite a bit, never with any respect, always with dismissive hatred.
Amazing to think back on the things I grew accustomed to being acceptable until I understood the racial undertones of it all.

normiss

I, too, grew up in that environment.
Most of the people in my family used the word nigger quite a bit, never with any respect, always with dismissive hatred.
Amazing to think back on the things I grew accustomed to being acceptable until I understood the racial undertones of it all.

That was a word that was not allowed in the house I grew-up in! I have never used the 'n' word and don't plan on using it, either. I guess, I was just raised different. I still, cannot see anything racist though, about Uncle Ben's Rice or Aunt Jemima Syrup. I've just always liked those brands. Didn't Aunt Jemima recently get a 'face-lift'? Ha, ha, ha... We just need to lighten-up and quit taking ourselves so seriously. Just my thoughts.

Chuck

masterrig

******Wasn't there a thread on this a few months back?

I put it all on this country being too deep into P.C.!! The way people get all worked-up over something as silly as syrup or rice, that have been sold for a hundred years, those products are suddenly 'racist'? Just beyond my comprehension. Those people bitchin' and whining about things like that were probably raised on those products... I was and never thought a thing of it! Suddenly, they are offensive and racist. That's what P.C. has reduced people to. Gimme a break!

ChuckPC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

muff528

Highly offensive. I prefer "Cracker Keg".

It would need to be "hard tack keg" . . . Barrel leads one to think of guns and violence. Legs are for beer and much less offensive.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Amazon

*********Wasn't there a thread on this a few months back?

ChuckPC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

It might be an 'attempt' at that but to me, It's gone too far. PC has people wearing their feelings on their sleeves and you can't even 'gig' someone in fun anymore without hurting their feelings. Respect is 'earned' You can demand respect all week long but if you don't earn it, you're not getting it from me. Hell, gang-bangers demand respect but they aren't getting it from me!! It's all gotten un-reasonable. There's a lot of folks I highly respect and they never asked for it. They did it the right way... they earned it.

Chuck

masterrig

************Wasn't there a thread on this a few months back?

It might be an 'attempt' at that but to me, It's gone too far. PC has people wearing their feelings on their sleeves and you can't even 'gig' someone in fun anymore without hurting their feelings. Respect is 'earned' You can demand respect all week long but if you don't earn it, you're not getting it from me. Hell, gang-bangers demand respect but they aren't getting it from me!! It's all gotten un-reasonable. There's a lot of folks I highly respect and they never asked for it. They did it the right way... they earned it.

Chuck

That offends me. You should be given everything. This is the entitlement society.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***Highly offensive. I prefer "Cracker Keg".

It would need to be "hard tack keg" . . . Barrel leads one to think of guns and violence. Legs are for beer and much less offensive.

...and kegs are for nails, too! A different kind of 'hard-tack'! :Dgroan

Chuck

turtlespeed

***************Wasn't there a thread on this a few months back?

Chuck

That offends me. You should be given everything. This is the entitlement society.

Well, hell! I wish somebody woulda' told me. I still ain't changin' my thinkin'! ...and what with 'scoreless soccer'?

Chuck

Amazon

PC has reduced people to considering how to treat other human beings with respect... Sad isn't it:S

Indeed, In such a society I would imagine that when kids lose, they get trophies...and when bankers fail, they get bonuses. Yay!