Ronhend

POTUS to attend Ranger graduation.

brenthutch

You have it backwards, any PFC stud can make it into the regiment. I was in several units populated with washed out "bat boys" (soliders who made it in the regiment yet washed out in Ranger school).

So I was mistaken in my earlier post, here is a great article that clears up a lot of this confusion

http://www.havokjournal.com/nation/everything-you-need-to-know-rangers/

>He doesn't need me to belittle him, he does that all by himself. His disdain
>for the military is obvious. This is returned.

let's see what those liberal military-haters, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, say about him:
============================
President Obama’s Work to Honor our Military Families and Veterans
Obama highlights his work for veterans in address to VFW

July 23, 2012

On Monday, July 23, President Obama addressed the Veterans of Foreign Wars and discussed his Administration’s work to secure our nation, fight terrorism, renew American leadership in the world, better serve our troops and military families and honor our veterans. In his remarks, President Obama announced a redesign of the Transition Assistance Program. Developed by the Veterans Employment Initiative Task Force established by the President last August, Transition GPS will help our separating servicemembers successfully transition to the civilian workforce, start a business, or pursue higher education. The President also called on Congress to pass his Veterans Job Corps proposal and to extend the Returning Heroes and Wounded Warrior tax credits for businesses that hire veterans.

. . .

Additional background information on President Obama’s work to honor and support America’s military families and veterans is included below.

Transition GPS: Transforming the Transition Assistance Program

In August 2011, President Obama visited the Washington Navy Yard and directed the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs to lead a task force to develop the first major redesign of the military’s Transition Assistance Program (TAP) in over 20 years. . .

In his remarks to the VFW, the President announced the launch of a revamped transition program, which will help our separating service members successfully transition to the civilian workforce, start a business, or pursue training or higher education. . . .

Since the President took office, he has been committed to putting veterans back to work rebuilding and protecting America. From the work of the Joining Forces Initiative to encourage the private sector to hire tens of thousands of veterans to the passage of tax credits for businesses that hire veterans, the President has implemented a range of policies to connect veterans to job. Additionally, the President continues to call on Congress to pass the Veterans Job Corps proposal he announced in the State of the Union to help Afghanistan and Iraq veterans get jobs as cops and firefighters, as well as other jobs serving their communities. . . .

Supporting Our Veterans and Military Families

Other steps taken by the Obama Administration to support veterans and military families include:

Strengthening the VA:Under President Obama, the VA has received record-levels of funding, with the FY13 budget calling for $64 billion in discretionary spending, and $76 billion in mandatory funding. In addition, the Administration has made it clear that veterans benefits are exempt from sequestration.

Strengthening Military and Veteran Education Benefits: In April, President Obama signed an Executive Order to help ensure all of America’s service members, veterans, spouses, and other family members have the information they need to make informed educational decisions and are protected from aggressive and deceptive targeting by educational institutions.

Extending Benefits to Victims of Agent Orange: In the last two years, VA has processed 230,000 claims and awarded $3.62 billion in retroactive benefits to nearly 130,000 Veterans and survivors who were harmed by Agent Orange.

Mental Health: The Deployment Health Clinical Center (DHCC), a Component Center of Defense Centers of Excellence, developed the RESPECT-Mil program, which enables primary care providers to screen and treat patients for PTSD and depression. To date, the program has screened over one million primary care patients, identifying more than 68,000 Service members with previously unmet psychological health needs and referred them to care. The program has expanded to more than 60 primary care clinics across more than 25 Military Treatment Facilities. Today, more than 1,117 DOD Military Family Life Consultants (MFLC) provide support on active duty installations in all 50 States, four Territories, and the District of Columbia. In FY11, MFLCs provided approximately 6.8 million face-to-face counseling sessions.

Ending Veterans Homelessness: The Obama Administration is on pace to meet the President’s goal of ending veterans homelessness by 2015. The number of homeless veterans has decreased by 12 percent from 2010 to 2011 on a given night.

Working to Prevent Suicide:VA has increased the number of mental health professionals by 48 percent since 2006 and in April, announced they would hire an additional 1,600 mental health providers. Since 2009, VA has increased the mental health care budget by 39 percent. The Department of Defense has made suicide prevention a top priority, increased behavioral health care providers by 35% over past three years and increased the number of these health care providers in front line units.

Eliminating the Disability Claims Backlog:While VA has processed more than one million disability claims in the last year, more work remains to be done. VA has redeployed 1,200 claims experts to target and tackle the most complex claims in the backlog. The Department is also deploying new technology and procedures to ensure our Veterans get the timely, quality benefits they need and deserve.

Supporting Veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder:In July 2010, the VA published a historic change to its rules, streamlining the process and paperwork needed by combat veterans to pursue a claim for disability pay for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The VA has also expanded its mental health programs, hiring more than 3,500 mental health professionals since 20. Additionally, VA’s 2013 budget proposal includes $6.2 billion for mental health initiatives.

Honoring Vietnam Veterans:President Obama and the entire federal government have partnered with State and local governments, private organizations, and communities across America to launch the Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War—a 13-year program to honor and give thanks to a generation of proud Americans who saw our country through one of the most challenging missions we have ever faced and pay tribute to the more than 3 million men and women who answered the call of duty with courage and valor.

Traumatic Brain Injury:VA has launched a comprehensive program to identify, screen and treat all Veterans with traumatic brain injury (TBI), and to ensure that they receive patient-centered, integrated care and benefits. President Obama signed an amendment to the Americans with Disabilities Act which allows individuals with PTSD and TBI to more easily seek legal protections as they look for and participate in employment opportunities.

For those who would sleep their way to the bottom..... an injection of a bit of reality

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/08/20/ranger-school-officer-combats-rumors-about-how-women-passed-in-pointed-facebook-post/?postshare=211440077978904

Critics have ripped the Army’s Ranger School for months about its willingness to include female students for the first time, and even more so this week after the service announced that two women will graduate from the school Friday. The service clearly dropped the standards to do so, the critics say, frequently citing rumors or unnamed Ranger School instructors they say they know.

Frustrated with the sniping, Maj. Jim Hathaway, the No. 2 officer in the Airborne and Ranger Training Brigade overseeing Ranger School, took to Facebook to respond. No matter what Ranger School officials say, he said, some people will never give the women credit.

Truth..... for those of you who practice your special brand of misogyny here on a daily basis is that if you set a realistic standard that directly applies to the real job.. and stick to that standard.. there are those of us that CAN do it... just as there are so many men incapable of excelling in that same environment.. and truly believe that if they could not do no woman possibly can. I am quite sure that they took a hell of a lot more bullshit from the other students and some of the cadre there than did most of the male candidates...and they still excelled.

I say to them... dahrlin... you just were not good enough if a woman could do it and you couldn't. Such is life... get over it.

grimmie

***I don't think that Obama disdains the military, I think he is baffled by them.

I think that those that disdain Obama are baffled by him.

I think we would all benefit with obstaining from Obama.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******I don't think that Obama disdains the military, I think he is baffled by them.

Little disconcerting you have made sexual advances towards Obama....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Obstain

SkyDekker

*********I don't think that Obama disdains the military, I think he is baffled by them.

That makes little to no sense.

Only you would make that connection.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

************I don't think that Obama disdains the military, I think he is baffled by them.

That makes little to no sense.

Only you would make that connection.

Google the root of the word you used, (obstain), and the very first return is for the Urban Dictionary.

How do I know this? Because I have never heard of "obstaining" and I consider myself a reasonably articulate English-speaker, so I checked.

Perhaps you meant to use a different word? Perhaps one spelled correctly? That we might fully understand?

>How do I know this? Because I have never heard of "obstaining" and I consider
>myself a reasonably articulate English-speaker, so I checked.

Me too. I first assumed it was the latest Obama-bashing term, so I googled as well. I suspect it was either "disdaining" or "abstaining" with SC spelling applied.

billvon

>How do I know this? Because I have never heard of "obstaining" and I consider
>myself a reasonably articulate English-speaker, so I checked.

Me too. I first assumed it was the latest Obama-bashing term, so I googled as well. I suspect it was either "disdaining" or "abstaining" with SC spelling applied.

You are right, I misspelled abstaining.

Normiss said I could since I'm using a tablet.:D

>He doesn't need me to belittle him, he does that all by himself. His disdain
>for the military is obvious. This is returned.

More evidence of his disdain:
======================
110-Year-Old Veteran Emma Didlake Honored by President Obama

by Marlon Ramtahal
NBC News
Jul 17 2015, 11:42 pm ET

On Friday President Obama honored Emma Didlake, the nation's oldest living veteran at 110 years old, who dedicated her time and service during WWII.

"We are so grateful that she is here with us today. And it's a great reminder of not only the sacrifices that the Greatest Generation made on our behalf, but also the kind of trailblazing that our women veterans made, African American veterans who helped to integrate our Armed Services," said the president. "We are very, very proud of them so that's why we've got to make sure we do right by them."

Didlake was born in Boligee, Alabama in 1905. She was a 38-year-old wife and mother of five when she joined the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps in 1943.

Making the decision to join the army was a bold move for the veteran from the segregated south, during a period where many women remained at home. During her service, she held the rank of Private and served for seven months stateside as a driver.

The president said she "served with distinction and honor, and received all sorts of commendations for her service."

After the war, Didlake joined the NAACP and marched with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in 1963, where she received a lifetime achievement award two years ago from the local chapter.

Didlake traveled around the world and was proud to earn medals for her military contribution. She earned the Women's Army Corps Service Medal, American Campaign Medal, and World War II Victory Medal.
===================

Ronhend

Guess your website there is dumbing down the internets ...

OOOOPS.. DAMN that OBUMMER not showing up for the graduation.. HOW DARE he go on vacation for a couple weeks...

Would you like to know more?

WASHINGTON: After two weeks of vacation spent largely on the golf course in Martha's Vineyard, President Barack Obama heads home to Washington to a full diplomatic plate: Iran, China and a highly anticipated papal visit.

The 44th US president managed to remain relatively low-key during his time off, hitting the beach with his family and publishing his Spotify playlists on Twitter. The White House also made public his summer reading selection.

But when he returns to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue on Sunday, Obama will hit the ground running

turtlespeed

***It's pretty disgusting that so many people were unable to conceive of the possibility that a woman might have actually passed the course by her own merit.

Don

On one hand you have a point, on the other, you weren't there, so you don't know what happened, of if pressure was applied to "adjust" requirements unofficially.

On the third hand, here's an article by someone who went through the course with them.

He was there.

He says they pulled their own weight. And then some.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

******It's pretty disgusting that so many people were unable to conceive of the possibility that a woman might have actually passed the course by her own merit.

Don

On one hand you have a point, on the other, you weren't there, so you don't know what happened, of if pressure was applied to "adjust" requirements unofficially.

On the third hand, here's an article by someone who went through the course with them.

He was there.

That's great.

You seem to think I'm against the issue. You are wrong, I hope more step up and make it.

When did you grow a third hand?
You might want to see a doctor about that.
Just sayin'.

brenthutch

******Does anyone think it is odd that they made this announcement before the course was completed?

There was no announcement.

He isn't/wasn't attending.

The announcement that they were graduating, before completing the course. [:/]

So just more false reporting from the regurgisphere... color me not surprised that they wanted to rile up all those good ole boys that really do believe that kind of crap.
Those women probably had to work at least twice as hard as their male counterparts from the time they were children to be thought of a being half as capable as the boys around them.
Someday that may change... but it still holds true in this society.[:/]

wolfriverjoe

******It's pretty disgusting that so many people were unable to conceive of the possibility that a woman might have actually passed the course by her own merit.

Don

He was there.

I wonder how well those who badmouth these fine women would get on in the same course.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

wolfriverjoe

Don

He was there.

According to the article, he was there, with them, for only a third of the course. Interestingly the same third of the course that all of the ladies failed. So if standards were "modified" he was not there to witness it.

brenthutch

******Does anyone think it is odd that they made this announcement before the course was completed?

Who annoucend that? Do you have a link to the announcement?

SkyDekker

*********Does anyone think it is odd that they made this announcement before the course was completed?

Who annoucend that? Do you have a link to the announcement?

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/08/17/first-two-women-expected-to-graduate-friday-army-ranger-school.html

Rest assured, the determination that they would graduate was made some time before the publishing of this article.[:/]

Rest assured, the determination that they would graduate was made some time before the publishing of this article

Ah, you are one of those people whom will never believe that two women could have passed the course.

The official annoucement indicated how many men were graduating as well.

SkyDekker

Rest assured, the determination that they would graduate was made some time before the publishing of this article

Ah, you are one of those people whom will never believe that two women could have passed the course.

Where did you get that idea? Having graduated Ranger School myself I know one may fail the course during the last half of the last phase. The fact that the announcement included the men as well as the women is defacto evidence that standards have been changed. Nothing against the women, my hat is off to them for even trying.

So would it be unusual for anyone to fail in the last week of the course? They made the announcement on Aug 17 and they graduated on Aug 21.

I'm not familiar with what takes place on the last week of this course, but is there really anything that would jeopardize their successful completion??