Ronhend

POTUS to attend Ranger graduation.

brenthutch

You have it backwards, any PFC stud can make it into the regiment. I was in several units populated with washed out "bat boys" (soliders who made it in the regiment yet washed out in Ranger school).

I had heard the regiment is harder to get into (the scroll), and that RQ (ranger qualified) is the tab? Since you can be a ranger (tab) and not be in the regiment, but cannot be in the regiment without the tab?

>You have it backwards, any PFC stud can make it into the regiment. I was in
>several units populated with washed out "bat boys" (soliders who made it in
>the regiment yet washed out in Ranger school)

So Ranger school washouts who are male are allowed in, but Ranger school graduates who are women are excluded. I guess that makes sense to the military.

billvon

>You have it backwards, any PFC stud can make it into the regiment. I was in
>several units populated with washed out "bat boys" (soliders who made it in
>the regiment yet washed out in Ranger school)

So Ranger school washouts who are male are allowed in, but Ranger school graduates who are women are excluded. I guess that makes sense to the military.

Believing what you want without proof again, seems to be a pattern, Rush, erm . . . Bill.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The first unit I was in (many years before going to Ranger school) was an airborne Btn in Italy. We had three guys who where in Ranger Regiment, but having failed Ranger school had to find a new home.

Let me clear up some justified confusion- Ranger Regiment is the Army's premiere light infantry unit, it consists of three battalions located in WA (2nd Bat) and GA (1st and 3rd bat). These are configured like a standard light infantry Btn. Most of the lower enlisted members are NOT Ranger School graduates. All of the leadership ARE Ranger School graduates.

Ranger School is an intense 61 day combat leadership course. Candidates are subjected to food and sleep deprivation, psychological and physical stress, extremes of temperature and terrain while conducting raids, reconnaissance and ambushes. Leadership roles are rotated and candidates are required to get a "leadership go" to proceed to the next phase..........yada yada.

Interesting Newsweek article about the first women cadets at West Point.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."

The names of the two successful candidates weren't released by the Army. The higher-ups were concerned about harassment by idiots (and rightfully so), but their friends and families have "outed" them.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Perhaps you would prefer someone who treated soldiers as cannon fodder? I hear such a person is available, he spends his time hanging around his ranch in Texas producing so-so paintings.

Don

GeorgiaDon

Perhaps you would prefer someone who treated soldiers as cannon fodder? I hear such a person is available, he spends his time hanging around his ranch in Texas producing so-so paintings.

Don

Let go of your hate Luke, the dark side is powerful, and thrives on hate.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

***Perhaps you would prefer someone who treated soldiers as cannon fodder? I hear such a person is available, he spends his time hanging around his ranch in Texas producing so-so paintings.

Don

Your interpretation of hate is "interesting".... does that come from within your hallucinations

GeorgiaDon

It's pretty disgusting that so many people were unable to conceive of the possibility that a woman might have actually passed the course by her own merit.

Don

I took one look at the OP's source and laughed.

Of course the real intention of the this post was to belittle the President and his ability as Commander in Chief.

Amazon

******Perhaps you would prefer someone who treated soldiers as cannon fodder? I hear such a person is available, he spends his time hanging around his ranch in Texas producing so-so paintings.

Don

Your interpretation of hate is "interesting".... does that come from within your hallucinations

Are you saying that there is a slight dislike for that guy in the ranch, from GeorgiaDon?

turtlespeed

*********Perhaps you would prefer someone who treated soldiers as cannon fodder? I hear such a person is available, he spends his time hanging around his ranch in Texas producing so-so paintings.

Don

Are you saying that there is a slight dislike for that guy in the ranch, from GeorgiaDon?

An observation of reality does not equate to either...Hate or dislike.... but perhaps in your world it does... which is sad.

Amazon

************Perhaps you would prefer someone who treated soldiers as cannon fodder? I hear such a person is available, he spends his time hanging around his ranch in Texas producing so-so paintings.

Don

An observation of reality does not equate to either...Hate or dislike.... but perhaps in your world it does... which is sad.

Your naïveté is stunning.

>Of course the real intention of the this post was to belittle the President
>and his ability as Commander in Chief.

Ding ding! The only surprise in this thread was that it took until post 35 to find an alternate way to slam Obama (after the initial attempt failed.)

turtlespeed

***************Perhaps you would prefer someone who treated soldiers as cannon fodder? I hear such a person is available, he spends his time hanging around his ranch in Texas producing so-so paintings.

Don

You do seem to have a flawed interpretation of reality if you really believe that.

Amazon

******************Perhaps you would prefer someone who treated soldiers as cannon fodder? I hear such a person is available, he spends his time hanging around his ranch in Texas producing so-so paintings.

Don

You do seem to have a flawed interpretation of reality if you really believe that.

Well, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.[:/]

He doesn't need me to belittle him, he does that all by himself. His disdain for the military is obvious. This is returned.

He is going to the graduation of two women from Ranger school for his own self aggrandizement. They will salute him because they are required to.

His attendance as a publicity stunt is an insult to those candidates who worked so hard to earn the tab.

dpreguy

He doesn't need me to belittle him, he does that all by himself. His disdain for the military is obvious. This is returned.

He is going to the graduation of two women from Ranger school for his own self aggrandizement. They will salute him because they are required to.

His attendance as a publicity stunt is an insult to those candidates who worked so hard to earn the tab.

I think he has shown a great amount of respect for our military by not doing as his predecessor and sending them into harms way en masse for flawed objectives with pie in the sky goals. Did his predecessor not show up for "Mission Accomplished" when thousands more young men and women were to die on his watch???

This president has sought to extricate us from those mistakes... and yet you hold that against him. Many in the military did exactly the same to Carter who presided over the military during a drawdown in forces after a war and he was vilified for it.. just as the same sectors are doing to this president.