Dantes

Will Hillary Clinton be charged?

normiss

That's not correct when it comes to sensitive, classified, and top secret information.
People in the Federal Government with security clearances know this.

Ask the General that was banging his assistant while sharing top secret (?) info with her.

Secretary of State undoubtedly knew this as well.

I'm in no way anti-democrat or anti-Hillary, but if this is true, she has to go.
I'm still confused how ANYONE in those types of positions has a personal email server OFF NETWORK in any way at all. :S:S:S:S:S

I agree that the chances of anything criminal is pretty unlikely though.

I agree especially the anyone part. She did not hold the position of secretary of transportation or something like that she transferred a lot of seriously secret information. How a private company and her lawyer had access to the contents of that server is a question i ask also.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Petreus got 2 years probation and a $100K fine. He lost his job. In that circle of society and prestige, that is hardly even a criminal act nor a criminal sentence. There are right wingers that think Hillary will be brought up on treason charges.

The best you can hope for is muddying up the water enough to lose an election in a case like this.

Hell, Tom Delay actually went to jail, and still ended up exonerated and making a comeback. Just shows that 'muddying up the water' goes a long way on both sides, especially when you are filthy rich.

Boomerdog

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future."; Niels Bohr

Uh oh, kallend's going quantum on us.:S

Maybe he is. Or maybe he isn't.

Or maybe he is and isn't. Well just have to look and see.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

charged? sure
anything beyond that? really unlikely

and most likely pursued within the dems as a means to bring someone else forward into the limelight - it would be brilliant

just enough scratching to make her stink enough to let someone decent come forward

best thing for the dems right now (other than Donald Trump) is for Hillary to be replaced as a candidate

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Petreus got 2 years probation and a $100K fine. He lost his job. In that circle of society and prestige, that is hardly even a criminal act nor a criminal sentence. There are right wingers that think Hillary will be brought up on treason charges.

Could we get off the left/right wing bullshit for this one and consider the hit the country has taken as a WHOLE.

Petreus plead guilty to a misdemeanor and fined. His career is pretty much over and his ability to work in higher executive positions may be severely limited as well. It's doubtful he'll ever get a security clearance for the rest of his life so he's gonna have to enjoy his four star general's retirement.

I think Petreus's compromise intelligence that was at the SECRET level. This is not to minimize his actions so much as to provide a contrast. The court rendered it's verdict and sentence. That one is over.

Using validated security classification guides, the DNI IG determined that several documents found on the server contained information/data classified at the TOP SECERT level identifying the compartments of sources and methods used to gain the intelligence. This is not only TOP SECRET intelligence, it is TOP SECRET with secure compartmented information and NOT RELEASABLE TO FOREIGN NATIONALS (NOFORN) caveats. This is highly sensitive and had NO BUSINESS being on an unsecured server not rated to handle that level of classification and sensitivity.

Is there a treason charge here. IMHO no, but there sure as hell is a security compromise. Accident or willful, it's still a compromise.
And I'd like to think that if someone from the other side of the fence did this, we should all be just as angry.

Boomerdog

Could we get off the left/right wing bullshit for this one and consider the hit the country has taken as a WHOLE.

Petreus plead guilty to a misdemeanor and fined. His career is pretty much over and his ability to work in higher executive positions may be severely limited as well. It's doubtful he'll ever get a security clearance for the rest of his life so he's gonna have to enjoy his four star general's retirement.

I think Petreus's compromise intelligence that was at the SECRET level. This is not to minimize his actions so much as to provide a contrast. The court rendered it's verdict and sentence. That one is over.

Using validated security classification guides, the DNI IG determined that several documents found on the server contained information/data classified at the TOP SECERT level identifying the compartments of sources and methods used to gain the intelligence. This is not only TOP SECRET intelligence, it is TOP SECRET with secure compartmented information and NOT RELEASABLE TO FOREIGN NATIONALS (NOFORN) caveats. This is highly sensitive and had NO BUSINESS being on an unsecured server not rated to handle that level of classification and sensitivity.

Is there a treason charge here. IMHO no, but there sure as hell is a security compromise. Accident or willful, it's still a compromise.
And I'd like to think that if someone from the other side of the fence did this, we should all be just as angry.

It did not seem to matter what was released by Darth Cheney and his minions about CIA and AMERICAN ASSETS abroad and it was pretty much just whitewashed and approved of by many here in SC..... Que Sera Sera

It did not seem to matter what was released by Darth Cheney and his minions about CIA and AMERICAN ASSETS abroad and it was pretty much just whitewashed and approved of by many here in SC..... Que Sera Sera

The Executive Branch can downgrade classification. So...what's your argument. Obama has done some downgrades as well. No quarrel with a legitimate legal prerogative of the Executive Branch.

Boomerdog

And lest I forget...Valerie Plame, her dumbass "yellowcake" old man and Scooter Libby? Is that all you got?

Amazon my dear, you're not slipping' are ya?

I think actually outing a CIA officer and placing all of her contacts abroad in jeopardy of losing their lives.. as well as future utility for a political hackjob payback is far more heinous than something possibly found in an email mentioning something perhaps maybe do not equate.

I agree. There's no excuse for how she handled her email in the day. If the Gov servers were too slow, it was up to her to make sure that she hired someone who would ensure transparency and compliance with sensitivity levels.

It doesn't rise to the level of crime, but it casts too much doubt on judgment.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Boomerdog

Could we get off the left/right wing bullshit for this one .....

sorry - that made me chuckle so much I couldn't finish your post

I'm sure it was fine - I actually didn't read any more and just read the next few posts

the answer to your question is "no"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It doesn't rise to the level of crime, but it casts too much doubt on judgment.

Unauthorized disclosure IS a violation of sections 793 and/or 1924, title 18, United States Code, a United States criminal law.

This language is on all non-disclosure agreements an individual signs when they are provided access to classified information.

It IS a crime. Chances are there will be no prosecution.

rehmwa

***Could we get off the left/right wing bullshit for this one .....

I'm sure it was fine - I actually didn't read any more and just read the next few posts

B|I've not ventured into this forum for many years.... this is why. B|B|
Bill hit it right on the head. The right is too far right and the left is to far left. And, never the two shall meet. B|

I vote the cool kids on the block are the moderates that can see both sides and come up with a solution that takes the best ideas from both. :)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

skyjumpenfool

******Could we get off the left/right wing bullshit for this one .....

B|I've not ventured into this forum for many years.... this is why. B|B|
Bill hit it right on the head. The right is too far right and the left is to far left. And, never the two shall meet. B|

I vote the cool kids on the block are the moderates that can see both sides and come up with a solution that takes the best ideas from both. :)
If one really cares to look, they will see the right has moved very little to the right at all. If anything they have moved a bit left
The left however is powering leftward at a fast rate

How well do you think Sanders would have done 10 years ago?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It will be ignored but that statement is true. There are some agreeing with relaxation of weed laws, some are going pro choice, and recently a few were very outspoken about pro gay rights.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I think that the attempts to "define the difference" are, as a rule, harmful to progress.

I don't see any of the left-leaning (as opposed to fallen-right-over) as having moved much to the left. I also haven't seen much evidence that the right-leaning (again, as opposed to the fallen-right-over) as having moved much to the right.

All of those people who acknowledge the middle as valid don't agree on everything (and there are some notable differences of opinion :ph34r:).

I for sure don't think I've moved leftward. The fact that I agree with some more conservative views doesn't really change my views on other issues. The fact that someone I respect asserts something might make me consider it more seriously than I would otherwise, but I'm not going to just believe it because whoever said it.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well I'm glad you had a chuckle.

If there is anything we CAN be thankful for is that the sources and methods form which the intelligence was collected are technologies.

There are also human sources as well and when human sources are compromised...those sources tend to "disappear" if you know what I mean.

Next time you chuckle on this, remember the human sources.