brenthutch

Ready for Bernie

Interesting. However, can you see the difference between "may be upgraded" and "were"? Also, how much do you know about ex post facto?

Of course, that's why I said "may" and "after the fact". I know that the upgrade would be ex post facto. You said you hadn't seen any reference to top secret classification, so I provided one.

Is it possible for you not to try and start an argument with every post?

- Dan G

billvon

>You can not really win an election without appealing to at least some
>members of the other side. Far left and far right make for great TV. It doesn't
>win elections. The candidates need to be much more centrist.

Given the pools of candidates on both sides I am surprised that we don't see some better third party candidates arise. Imagine someone who:

-thought that abortion was abhorrent and was personally opposed to it, but thought that the government shouldn't be making that decision

-understood the science behind climate change, but didn't think we had to do any more than we are already doing to stop it

-thought the government was far too large, and had a list of cuts to the military, social security and unemployment insurance they wanted to make

-disliked many parts of Obamacare, and had a well thought out plan to fix it

-thought that illegal immigration was a big problem, and had a plan to make much of it legal while slowing down the rest

-thought that we should leave other countries alone as much as possible

Especially in this election cycle I can't imagine them NOT drawing a tremendous number of centrists and even left and right leaning voters.

I can't believe it, but I agree with everything you have said! Talk about a thread killer!

billvon

>You can not really win an election without appealing to at least some
>members of the other side. Far left and far right make for great TV. It doesn't
>win elections. The candidates need to be much more centrist.

Given the pools of candidates on both sides I am surprised that we don't see some better third party candidates arise. Imagine someone who:

-thought that abortion was abhorrent and was personally opposed to it, but thought that the government shouldn't be making that decision

-understood the science behind climate change, but didn't think we had to do any more than we are already doing to stop it

-thought the government was far too large, and had a list of cuts to the military, social security and unemployment insurance they wanted to make

-disliked many parts of Obamacare, and had a well thought out plan to fix it

-thought that illegal immigration was a big problem, and had a plan to make much of it legal while slowing down the rest

-thought that we should leave other countries alone as much as possible

Oh the humanity!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.