brenthutch

Ready for Bernie

brenthutch

Bernie represents a section of the voting public and they are vocal, and fed up with certain things. Unfortunately, there's no way he can become elected in the one poll that matters; actual election day.

Same thing goes for Trump.

You can not really win an election without appealing to at least some members of the other side. Far left and far right make for great TV. It doesn't win elections. The candidates need to be much more centrist.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

Bernie represents a section of the voting public and they are vocal, and fed up with certain things. Unfortunately, there's no way he can become elected in the one poll that matters; actual election day.

Same thing goes for Trump.

You can not really win an election without appealing to at least some members of the other side. Far left and far right make for great TV. It doesn't win elections. The candidates need to be much more centrist.

That is what they said about Ronald Reagan.

brenthutch

That is what they said about Ronald Reagan.

Ronald Reagan had some extra things going for him.

1) He started out as an actor. He knew how to memorize lines and present himself. He was a professional spokesman.

2) At one point in his life, he was a "Union Boss." Screen Actor's Guild He had a bit of the labor vote even if he would seriously betray them a few years into his Presidency.

3) He had a successful time as governor of California. At the time, the schools in California were the best schools in the country. People liked that.

4) Because he was a spokesman for the military industrial complex, he had their backing. In particular G.E., which sounds trivial until you realize they make all sort of nuclear things like reactors, bombs and submarines.

5) Nancy. Although Reagan himself was right of center at the time of the presidential election, Nancy was still pretty left. People that mattered on the left knew that and thought she could influence him.

Comparing Reagan to either Trump or Sanders is pretty far out there.
quade -

I am not comparing them, I am comparing what was said about them.
I agree with you about Trump, but I am not so sure about Bernie, Lil B just switched his support from Hillory to Bernie. You can't win the Democratic nomination without winning the hip-hop block.

Had to look up the new info. Looks like out of a sample of emails she gave them they found top secret data. It's now been all sent for actual forensic recovery based of of merit that actual crimes have been committed and possibly deleted for coverup. Interesting new evolution on this story.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Had to look up the new info. Looks like out of a sample of emails she gave them they found top secret data. It's now been all sent for actual forensic recovery based of of merit that actual crimes have been committed and possibly deleted for coverup. Interesting new evolution on this story.

"Top Secret" or "Classified"?

Seems to depend on where you get your news from. There is, as I'm sure you're aware, a world of difference between the two.

Her personal schedule for the day (considering she was SecState) might have been at times "classified." And if she emailed Chelsea about not being able to come home for dinner because she had a "thing" at 8 that night, okay, whatever.

On the other hand, if one of the emails on her system talked about specific details of the Osama bin Laden raid the night before it happened . . . that's definitely a "gotcha."
quade -

Well, either that, or being right next door to Vermont, where he's from, makes him more familiar.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>You can not really win an election without appealing to at least some
>members of the other side. Far left and far right make for great TV. It doesn't
>win elections. The candidates need to be much more centrist.

Given the pools of candidates on both sides I am surprised that we don't see some better third party candidates arise. Imagine someone who:

-thought that abortion was abhorrent and was personally opposed to it, but thought that the government shouldn't be making that decision

-understood the science behind climate change, but didn't think we had to do any more than we are already doing to stop it

-thought the government was far too large, and had a list of cuts to the military, social security and unemployment insurance they wanted to make

-disliked many parts of Obamacare, and had a well thought out plan to fix it

-thought that illegal immigration was a big problem, and had a plan to make much of it legal while slowing down the rest

-thought that we should leave other countries alone as much as possible

Especially in this election cycle I can't imagine them NOT drawing a tremendous number of centrists and even left and right leaning voters.

Well the news said top secret, guess we will have to wait on those determinations. But remember General Petraeus got 2 years probation and $100k fine for having classified the lowest level of secret information.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

>Ah, but therein is the problem; a centrist has a more difficult time winning a primary.

In today's climate I see that as less of a problem. Both sides will dislike them at first. Then one party will "claim" him or her, and the other will immediately compare them to Hitler, and the process will resume - but this time with a better candidate.

Anvilbrother

Well the news said top secret, guess we will have to wait on those determinations. But remember General Petraeus got 2 years probation and $100k fine for having classified the lowest level of secret information.

You're using the definitive article there. "THE" news doesn't exist.
quade -

billvon

>Ah, but therein is the problem; a centrist has a more difficult time winning a primary.

In today's climate I see that as less of a problem. Both sides will dislike them at first. Then one party will "claim" him or her, and the other will immediately compare them to Hitler, and the process will resume - but this time with a better candidate.

yeah, Mussolini.
:|
Can you tell I'm beyond disgusted?

Well your ass said you have heard it both ways, so obviously I'm not making it up. The news, some news etc etc, your ass confirmed it too so why argue???

We will find out in the end, I'm not about to argue right now as none of us are conducting the investigation.:)

You're correct, I said, "Seems to depend on where you get your news from." If you read certain stories about the subject on certain ultra right wing nut bag blogger sites I'm nearly certain it says "top secret."

That said, I haven't read the words "top secret" on any of the more responsible news sites.

Again, "the news" simply doesn't exist as an entity.

If you'd like to cite a few sources, go for it, however to say "the news" says this or that is simply inaccurate because it's not definitive.
quade -

I agree if it was a new topic, fact or stat, but I was agreeing with what you said, it's like you are arguing your self as you diddnt even provide sources either....

Why....why? Lol we will find out eventually. Well maybe, and a news source will report it and we can worry about who reported it from the FBI then. At this point once again I agree with you lol who cares it's subjective and hearsay at this point. :)