aphid

only in Canada, eh?

again, no explanation as to why you make a totally FALSE statement, in such a tone as to imply you know for a fact it's illegal to let a cat roam and infer there's no argument

It is in this part of Canada. If it isn't in BC fine...your local SPCA strongly recommends you keep your cat indoors though, partly for this specific reason. Outdoor cats don't live as long as indoor cats. You made the decision to allow your cat to go outside, stop whining about the consequenes. Take some responsibility for your own actions. You sound like a Trudeau.

Especially in the tone of your statement that you find it FUNNY that an animal was killed?

Find it funny that some one who normally stands for personal responsibility and living with the consequences of one's actions, refuses to take responsibility for his own actions.

You cat gets mauled by a bear and it is everybody else's fault....except the fault of the person who let the cat out in the first place.....

That stuff is funny...yes.

You made the decision to allow your cat to go outside, stop whining about the consequenes. Take some responsibility for your own actions. You sound like a Trudeau.

Ooh!! Canadian cat fight! With the ultimate beat-down! Go, bitches, go!

Andy9o8

You made the decision to allow your cat to go outside, stop whining about the consequenes. Take some responsibility for your own actions. You sound like a Trudeau.

Ooh!! Canadian cat fight! With the ultimate beat-down! Go, bitches, go!

hehe

You calling me a pussy? :P

SkyDekker

again, no explanation as to why you make a totally FALSE statement, in such a tone as to imply you know for a fact it's illegal to let a cat roam and infer there's no argument

It is in this part of Canada. If it isn't in BC fine...your local SPCA strongly recommends you keep your cat indoors though, partly for this specific reason. Outdoor cats don't live as long as indoor cats. You made the decision to allow your cat to go outside, stop whining about the consequenes. Take some responsibility for your own actions. You sound like a Trudeau.

***Especially in the tone of your statement that you find it FUNNY that an animal was killed?

Find it funny that some one who normally stands for personal responsibility and living with the consequences of one's actions, refuses to take responsibility for his own actions.

You cat gets mauled by a bear and it is everybody else's fault....except the fault of the person who let the cat out in the first place.....

That stuff is funny...yes.

wrong. I live in Ontario. It is not illegal in Ontario. It may be illegal in Ottawa, or Oshawa or barrie or London. It isn't where I live. If you're going to try to make a positive statement about something being illegal, especially something as SICK as finding humor in something's death, you should maybe take responsibility for what YOU say.

There are lots of ways to use the English language to qualify what you say, but in most conversations you get into you seem to like to come across as the one with all the answers. If you want to come across as the 'all-knowing reasonable' conscience of humanity, you should dam sure make sure that what you're saying is either CORRECT or qualify it by saying 'where I live' or 'in some places', instead of trying to LIE.

Frankly, I never said I don't take responsibility for the cat being killed. But the bear is also to blame, and next time he comes looking for a meal he's going to find something else. That in no way makes it less of a problem that bears have over-run southern Ontario and pose a danger to pets children, and others, to the point of having bear safety classes in school, and citizens having to resort to chasing bears off with bats and sticks.

You lack all credibility when you try to defend your LIE. A simple statement that you were wrong would have sufficed, or even a qualification. But no, you have to go on to say it's funny. And your expression of humor is frankly,sick.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

Considering one of my cats was killed by a bear a couple of years ago, this is actually a serious problem

Unless the bear came in your house and ate the cat, the issue is with you letting the cat outside.

I don't see the issue. One less cat, problem solved.
How does one reward the bear for his service?

Feed it another one?

and you think this is funny, do you?

I chuckled -however, sorry you lost your pet, sucks, you'll have to get another

I'm a farm boy - we always had half a dozen at any time. except in the spring, one or two would always get frozen over winter - but the replacements were quick to arrive.

now if it was a dog!! then that bear would be in big trouble

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

Considering one of my cats was killed by a bear a couple of years ago, this is actually a serious problem

Unless the bear came in your house and ate the cat, the issue is with you letting the cat outside.

I don't see the issue. One less cat, problem solved.
How does one reward the bear for his service?

Feed it another one?

and you think this is funny, do you?

I chuckled -however, sorry you lost your pet, sucks, you'll have to get another

I'm a farm boy - we always had half a dozen at any time. except in the spring, one or two would always get frozen over winter - but the replacements were quick to arrive.

now if it was a dog!! then that bear would be in big trouble

I have looked into a lot of bear incidents dating back to at least the 1970's in Ontario. and earlier.

Dogs are often cited as a major part of the reasons for bear attacks in that either they piss the bear off and make it defensive before leading it back to its owner, or in that the owner intercedes and attempts to get the bear away from the dog...

The incident I mentioned from a couple of years ago where the bear entered a man's house and chased him out the front door before mauling him, the bear had followed his dog when it ran into the house, possibly through a small pet door, I don't remember exactly.

Of course that is just on attacks that happened, and won't take into account how many bears smelled a dog and cleared out instead of being taken by surprise by a mere human coming up the trail. So much like defensive uses of guns where guns are never fired, the numbers would be hard to quantify.

I do know that we never had the bears actually coming right up to our house back when we had the dog, and it was actually not until he passed away from old age that they became a problem. However, that was also around the time they cancelled the spring bear hunt, which is generally held to be the main reason for recent (as in the last 10-12 years) bear overpopulation and for bears moving into more urban settings in the province.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone