2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

nolhtairt

It could be, until you're facing multiple armed robbers.

And a 10 shot clip would help you how? You would still only be able to get off a single shot. What you would likely do is drop your weapon, raise your hands, and hand over what ever the nice robbers wanted. Unless you are just plain stupid.

And suppose the nice robbers decide to off you anyway. It happens. But hey, if you're ready to die without a fight...

I CC one personal weapon to give me a chance against armed robbery. My AR-15 is available as a member of a well regulated militia.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jcd11235

***But hey, if you're ready to die without a fight...

No gun does not imply no fight. Relying on a brain is virtually always a better strategy than relying on a bullet.

Unless you are too old to run and too old to get your ass whipped.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Here is one good example how [sarcasm]gun control doesn't stop mass shootings[/sarcasm]

https://dutchreview.com/news/us/crazy-guy-attacks-school-no-one-gets-hurt-isnt-us/

Mentally disturbed 44 years old entered a school in The Netherlands and killed 19 kids. Except, it didn't happen because the guy had no access to guns. All he had was 2 kitchen knifes.....and nobody got hurt! See, gun control doesn't work!
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

I CC one personal weapon to give me a chance against armed robbery.

Whatcha gonna do when the thug has the drop on you? Which any armed robber is going to have. I'll bet you carry that heater around just dreaming of the day you can be a hero. But the chances are pretty good you'll be a dead hero.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Deyan

Here is one good example how [sarcasm]gun control doesn't stop mass shootings[/sarcasm]

https://dutchreview.com/news/us/crazy-guy-attacks-school-no-one-gets-hurt-isnt-us/

Mentally disturbed 44 years old entered a school in The Netherlands and killed 19 kids. Except, it didn't happen because the guy had no access to guns. All he had was 2 kitchen knifes.....and nobody got hurt! See, gun control doesn't work!

I posted the video earlier in this thread. It will get completely ignored.

Only time video with knifes are used is when they show multiple fatalities, cause then it supports their need for guns.

SkyDekker

***Here is one good example how [sarcasm]gun control doesn't stop mass shootings[/sarcasm]

I posted the video earlier in this thread. It will get completely ignored.

Only time video with knifes are used is when they show multiple fatalities, cause then it supports their need for guns.

Sorry for the repost. I just saw it, but your link doesn't work.
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

RonD1120

And a 10 shot clip would help you how? You would still only be able to get off a single shot. What you would likely do is drop your weapon, raise your hands, and hand over what ever the nice robbers wanted. Unless you are just plain stupid.

And suppose the nice robbers decide to off you anyway. It happens. But hey, if you're ready to die without a fight...

I CC one personal weapon to give me a chance against armed robbery. .

Why do you live in such a nasty, hostile, crime infested neighborhood?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>The difference is, most gun enthusiasts who spend time at shooting ranges are
>responsible gun owners.

So people who shoot real guns at human shaped targets and who oppose violence - responsible, good people.

People who shoot fake guns at human (and alien, and robot) targets and who oppose violence - hypocrites.

Interesting.

gowlerk

I CC one personal weapon to give me a chance against armed robbery.

Whatcha gonna do when the thug has the drop on you? Which any armed robber is going to have. I'll bet you carry that heater around just dreaming of the day you can be a hero. But the chances are pretty good you'll be a dead hero.

You say that like it would be a bad thing.

kallend

It is for when I go into the lowland cities, or FL.

RonD1120

Remarkable. I was in Tampa, Orlando and Miami quite a lot last year and didn't get mugged or shot once. Must have just dodged that bullet.

It would be bad for me. I guess you can try. I hope you don't shoot by by-standers.

Are you worth the effort? God says, Yes. Your peers say, No.

BTW, what makes you think my peers think that way of me?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Remarkable. I was in Tampa, Orlando and Miami quite a lot last year and didn't get mugged or shot once. Must have just dodged that bullet.

Kallend December 2007:

Funny, I drive and walk though Chicago every day (and have done for 30 years) and never needed a gun. Nor do I ever expect to.

Yep, as much as people that are anti-gun try and say it is a big problem, it really isn't. It makes for big news, so it alters our perception of the magnitude of the issue.

Derek V

gowlerk

It would be bad for me. I guess you can try. I hope you don't shoot by by-standers.

***Are you worth the effort? God says, Yes. Your peers say, No.

BTW, what makes you think my peers think that way of me?

I need to change that signature. I was referring to salvation. Probably does not apply to you or your peers. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Hooknswoop

Kallend December 2007:

***Funny, I drive and walk though Chicago every day (and have done for 30 years) and never needed a gun. Nor do I ever expect to.

Yep, as much as people that are anti-gun try and say it is a big problem, it really isn't. It makes for big news, so it alters our perception of the magnitude of the issue.

Derek V

Yeah a mass shooting a day really isn't such a big deal.

Hooknswoop

Kallend December 2007:

***Funny, I drive and walk though Chicago every day (and have done for 30 years) and never needed a gun. Nor do I ever expect to.

Derek V

But now you're agreeing with the argument that people don't need guns for self defense. I know you don't think that, that was kind of a "gotcha". The point being made is that these guys and most people don't live in the realm of being at risk of gun violence but that doesn't mean they don't want others to be at risk.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

RonD1120

Bull. You pack it everyday, you've previously said. Just like putting on your undies in the morning, it's part of your dress routine.

Discernment is not being able to see the difference between right and wrong. It is seeing the difference between what is right and what is almost right. ~M. Rosenthal

I'm not sure who Rosental was or is, but that quote is generally credited to Charles H Spurgeon.

But now you're agreeing with the argument that people don't need guns for self defense. I know you don't think that, that was kind of a "gotcha". The point being made is that these guys and most people don't live in the realm of being at risk of gun violence but that doesn't mean they don't want others to be at risk.

No, I was pointing out the discrepancy in those that want gun restrictions. They do not feel unsafe walking around, but "we have to do something!".

Derek V

No, I was pointing out the discrepancy in those that want gun restrictions. They do not feel unsafe walking around, but "we have to do something!".

America absolutely does not have to do anything to reduce the number of firearms. You've been doing nothing about it for a long time now, and chances are you will continue to do nothing. A large number of you are emotionally attached to the freedom to have nearly unlimited access to weapons. And it's not really a priority issue for those who disagree.

As I keep saying, America has largely decided to just accept the death toll. After all, it's only the killing of children that attracts much attention anymore. And the chances that it will be your child next is very small. The Vegas killing of 50 or so? It was not long ago and it's already barely mentioned anymore.

Until the ruling class feels threatened America's embrace of the tools of war will continue unabated. Just hope you or your loved one does not become a victim.

The death rate by firearms in America is roughly 5 times that in Canada. A country with fairly liberal gun laws overall. But the truth is that more than half of your gun deaths are suicides. And no one really counts them as victims.

But as you count your arsenal, and your chest swells up with pride as you score a close group on the range, remember. Several people died today who would still be alive if gun restrictions were imposed.

But I know.....Freedom.

gowlerk

Discernment is not being able to see the difference between right and wrong. It is seeing the difference between what is right and what is almost right. ~M. Rosenthal

I'm not sure who Rosental was or is, but that quote is generally credited to Charles H Spurgeon.

Good catch! Marvin Rosenthal quoted Spurgeon in a recent article.