2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

yoink

I had two questions... if you were frisked AFTER answering as you did, would you be OK with it happening? And second, do you think the same situation (question and release) would / should happen if you were black and wearing a hoodie - (all other things being equal in your scenario).

You see, I think you didn't answer because you know the answer to both is 'no'.

I can honestly say, I would not be offended if I was frisked. As I said, LEOs are my friends and I understand their profession. If a LEO needs to frisk me to be comfortable in my space or me in his, so be it.

Second question, the LEOs I know are professional and would likely treat a black man with respect.

One thing to always keep in mind when dealing with LEOs, never cop an attitude because they will probably respond in kind.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

So you say they’re professional in one sentence and note they’re quick to “lose their shit” in the next sentence. Being impolite in not a crime.

You often give your “world view”, but then note you seldom venture beyond your small mountain town.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

normiss

Not in FL it's not.

I've simply been asked to not reach for it while the cop returns to his car.
I'm pretty sure the CWP comes back on the ID check anyway - not that it's required for carrying a weapon your car though.

You're white and "older".

And whether or not a person having carry permit coming back on the ID check or not depends on the state.

In WI, they specifically have to ask for it. It won't come back on a simple license/ID check (or plate check for the owner). The law was written that way.

Also it WI, a person is not required to tell a cop that they are carrying. If the cop asks, they have to answer honestly, but it's really a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of thing.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

RonD1120

But speaking of hoodies, why did Charlie Hunnam always wear a hoodie under his cut in Sons of Anarchy? Because it defined his character, Jax Teller, as a thug.

You sound dumber with every post. It's unbelievable.

I live in hoodies when I'm not at work (where I wear an army uniform, conventionally). I didn't realize that defines me as a "thug".

RonD1120

*********>I did not know there was a uniform for thugs

"Dress like a thug" generally means clothes worn by a black person.

Not in my line of work. White, black, brown thugs seemed to prefer that mode of dress equally.

Thugs don't always dress like thugs. And some people who dress like thugs aren't thugs, maybe they just like the style. You never know. Sure there are some styles that makes them easy to spot/profile, but you just can't make a blanket assessment of people just by the way they dress.

I didn't billvon did.

But speaking of hoodies, why did Charlie Hunnam always wear a hoodie under his cut in Sons of Anarchy? Because it defined his character, Jax Teller, as a thug.

Com'on guys you gotta get smarter than this, really.

well damn I wear a hoodie under my Levi jacket when riding in cool weather. I just may be a thug.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

There are Lavoy Finicum "Patriot" hoodies for sale after he was dropped for trying to shoot an FBI agent - I still think it's strange how those ranchers were considered patriots to begin with. Still amazed more of them weren't killed for aiming weapons at federal agents.

>It was your fantasy of a thug. I was in favor of stop and frisk.

Only if you weren't the one being frisked. You would not be frisked, you claimed, because "We do not fit the profile."

You embody the spirit of the right wing these days. "Do X Y and Z for law and order - as long as it's to someone else, not me."

I never brought up the hoodie thing, just responded to it. When I was working high risk areas, in addition to concealing clothing, I looked for new baseball caps, team logo, which side the bill was turned, which way the loose end of the belt was tucked, which pant leg was rolled up, which hand was used to throw a sign, gait when walking, number of persons in a gathering, etc.

I'm sure the People and Folk Nations have changed some now, those are the basics. The point, get off the hoodies there is so much more to look at.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Survival training requires knowing how not to draw negative attention. This forum is my exception. In real life post people don't even know I'm around.

I am a member of the PGR and former ride captain. In my experience, the Marine riders usually promote a real badass ardor. Especially, the Vietnam combat veteran Marines. Don't misunderstand me here, they are friendly and easy to get along with but don't make them angry.

RonD1120

I am a member of the PGR and former ride captain. In my experience, the Marine riders usually promote a real badass ardor. Especially, the Vietnam combat veteran Marines. Don't misunderstand me here, they are friendly and easy to get along with but don't make them angry.

By your own admission, some of them cannot be trusted when made angry and we have photographic verification that some of them even wear hoodies. So are you saying that being a Patriot Guard Rider means that you should legitimately be Profiled by LEO as being a danger to society and they should be stopped and frisked on sight? You would have no problem with that?
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

okalb

***I am a member of the PGR and former ride captain. In my experience, the Marine riders usually promote a real badass ardor. Especially, the Vietnam combat veteran Marines. Don't misunderstand me here, they are friendly and easy to get along with but don't make them angry.

By your own admission, some of them cannot be trusted when made angry and we have photographic verification that some of them even wear hoodies. So are you saying that being a Patriot Guard Rider means that you should legitimately be Profiled by LEO as being a danger to society and they should be stopped and frisked on sight? You would have no problem with that?

Well, I've never met a PGR member that would object. Therefore, no reason why I should. We work with LEOs almost every mission, we're buds.

And, who said they can't be trusted when angry?

Do you believe that anyone who gets angry loses control?

RonD1120

******I am a member of the PGR and former ride captain. In my experience, the Marine riders usually promote a real badass ardor. Especially, the Vietnam combat veteran Marines. Don't misunderstand me here, they are friendly and easy to get along with but don't make them angry.

Well, I've never met a PGR member that would object. Therefore, no reason why I should. We work with LEOs almost every mission, we're buds.

And, who said they can't be trusted when angry?

Do you believe that anyone who gets angry loses control?

You said don't make them angry. If nothing bad happens when they're angry, why is it important not to make them angry?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Hooknswoop

Regarding abortion, do you consider yourself as pro-life or pro-choice ?

Pro-choice. Why do you ask?

Derek V

was just trying to correlate pro-guns and pro-life... you might be an exception then. Thanks for answering though.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

was just trying to correlate pro-guns and pro-life... you might be an exception then. Thanks for answering though.

I don't 'fit' into any political group. I look at each issue independently from other issues.

The gun debate tends to provoke an emotional response. What I mean is that a 747 crashing and everyone dieing results in a different response than the equivalent number of people dying in one day in car crashes.

"Greene decided to slide people into an fMRI machine to glimpse what happened in their brains when faced with different trolley-problem scenarios. He ultimately found that the answers people gave correlated with how emotionally engaged they felt with the dilemma. The decision to pull the switch was related to activity in the prefrontal cortex (associated with cool, conscious deliberation), while the decision not to push the fat man involved areas like the amygdala, associated with strong emotional reactivity."

Derek V

>What I mean is that a 747 crashing and everyone dieing results in a different response than the
>equivalent number of people dying in one day in car crashes.

The reason that 747's _don't_ regularly crash is that every time an aircraft does crash, we look long and hard at what causes led up to that crash - and remove as many of them as possible.

it's a good thing we don't treat 747 crashes like we treat gun deaths (i.e. "well, it's going to happen, nothing we can do about it") or flying would be a life-or-death gamble.