2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

millertime24

Not to nitpick, but...

Do you need a license specific to the type of truck you buy?

No. You don't have to have a license to purchase a truck.

Do you need to register it?

No. As long as it stays on your property.

Do you need to insure a truck to use it outside your home?

No. As long as it stays on your property and isn't under lien.

Do you have to have your truck inspected regularly by a government-licensed shop?

Absolutely not. Not even to use it on the road.

perfect, let's do the same with guns then. Roughly what we have in Canada.

I'm not convinced. Just because You think it is too high does not mean it is too high.

So stupid. You ask for an opinion and then when given an opinion indicate not everybody agrees with that opinion.

All of course while haughtily pretending you want honest conversation and debate.

Here is a relatively simple law that would reduce the number of gun deaths. All guns have to have a biometric safety system in place, allowing only the owners to shoot them. Only such fitted firearms are allowed to be carried in public.

All new firearms are to be sold with such a system in place.

2. no more concealed carry, no more open carry. You are allowed to own firearms and keep them in your house or shoot them on private property.

3. firearm owners have to start carrying insurance for each firearm they own. Insurance to cover any unlawful activity committed with the gun, including any activity after such firearm has been stolen.

You will never agree that any restriction is worth a reduction in gun deaths, so really another stupid question. At least probably only until somebody puts a bullet in a loved one.

3) alone would do it through the free market economy. Underwriters would swiftly price out of the market many weapons most likely to be capable of use in mass shootings and you better believe they'd have the resources to properly research the issues. Capitalism at work - the right wing would love it.... oh wait...

SkyDekker

I'm not convinced. Just because You think it is too high does not mean it is too high.

So stupid. You ask for an opinion and then when given an opinion indicate not everybody agrees with that opinion.

All of course while haughtily pretending you want honest conversation and debate.

Here is a relatively simple law that would reduce the number of gun deaths. All guns have to have a biometric safety system in place, allowing only the owners to shoot them. Only such fitted firearms are allowed to be carried in public.

All new firearms are to be sold with such a system in place.

2. no more concealed carry, no more open carry. You are allowed to own firearms and keep them in your house or shoot them on private property.

3. firearm owners have to start carrying insurance for each firearm they own. Insurance to cover any unlawful activity committed with the gun, including any activity after such firearm has been stolen.

You will never agree that any restriction is worth a reduction in gun deaths, so really another stupid question. At least probably only until somebody puts a bullet in a loved one.

I love #3.

I think biometrics are a bit of a red-herring. I'd need to see the data on stolen gun violence vs legitimate owner to be sure, but I suspect that certainly most mass-shootings are committed by either the owner of the gun or someone with permission to use it in the household.

I disagree with your first statement but so be it.

Your second statement appears to contradict your steadfast position of supporting the Constitution. To push it aside is to disregard what it stands for.

What Christian sharia laws are you referring to in the Constitution?

Whatever you are thinking of, they are not mine. I am not under the law. I live by the Holy Spirit to the best of my learning.

I think I have more to offer but I will await your response.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Wearing a hoodie does not make a person a thug but thugs tend to wear hoodies when they are committing foul deeds.

Its like being a Muslim does not make you a terrorist but most of the terrorists tend to be Muslim.

However, it appears the competitive nature of some others is rising to the occasion.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Wearing a hoodie does not make a person a thug but thugs tend to wear hoodies when they are committing foul deeds.

But you only again make a statement that it's the hoodie, not the foul deed that should be under scrutiny. Again, an article of clothing means nothing. 3/4 of the people in line at the grocery store with me are wearing hoodies in the fall.

Its like being a Muslim does not make you a terrorist but most of the terrorists tend to be Muslim.

Unless you're in the US where the majority are white people.

However, it appears the competitive nature of some others is rising to the occasion.

Is that a complaint about being shouted down? Funny how that happens where you're so wrong about something.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Profiling is what I am talking about for stop and frisk.

This forum is so ego attack oriented it seems impossible for most people to just converse.

Well, what else do you have to offer? What would you rely on in your information bank to profile those individuals?

Atlanta wouldn't have morning news without the previous day's shootings and murders. The Holy Bible does provide some insight into human behavior.

SkyDekker

Usually by deviation from their baseline profile.

Please describe, what is the baseline profile? Define such evidential deviation.

normiss

For those that actually care, There was ANOTHER shooting last night
It barely even makes the news these days.

I will never understand the lack of respect for human life.

The problems with incidents like this one is similar to another recent post in these two shooting threads. The one where another college student(male) was the shooter in a homicide. If guns are not available the anger that drives a dispute may get settled by a fistfight or at worst a stabbing.

Guns are very effective weapons.When someone is angry and loses control of their emotions.

billvon

> What would you rely on in your information bank to profile those individuals?

What they do and what they say - ....

For example? What do we do and what do we say that has captured your attention?

billvon

>What do we do and what do we say that has captured your attention?

Who is "we?"

Quote from Skydekker: "christians who live in the mountains"

Determined by him: " are criminals who like to rape women and beat their children"

I am a Christian, live in the north GA mountains, surrounded by immigrant Christians, mostly from FL, and well to do locals.

>Quote from Skydekker: "christians who live in the mountains"
>Determined by him: " are criminals who like to rape women and beat their children"

Since I don't know any of them, and have only read about them, I don't know what they do that would capture my attention.

billvon

>Quote from Skydekker: "christians who live in the mountains"
>Determined by him: " are criminals who like to rape women and beat their children"

Since I don't know any of them, and have only read about them, I don't know what they do that would capture my attention.

My question was originally posed to Skydekker. I wanted to know what he saw and heard.

normiss

I don't recall reading anything about guns in that book of fables.

It's not a book of fables (at least the first part). it is a collection of lore from one big, seriously dysfunctional family.

In it are specifics regarding how to properly perform genocide, for example. Commandments are still in place (not the Top Ten, mind you, but with the same authority) to summarily put to death Canaanites and Amalekites.

It delineates the ins and outs of slavery, and rather a few of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments) relate to polygamy, LGBT ant whatnot ("good book?" You have to be kidding).

Rather a few Rabbis put the Tanakh into the perspective that while it's been a while since the Bronze Age, we had better bear in mind from whence we came. I know VERY FEW Rabbis that take the Hebrew Scriptures at face value; a perusal of the Talmud makes it rather clear that that has been the case for millennia.

The whole fixation on firearms overlooks the fact that it is the operator that is the problem. I am no more comfortable with someone coming at me with a machete than a Mauser, and the greatest mass killings we have endured did not involve firearms at all. A dollar's worth of gasoline or an airline ticket have had more impact than anyone utilizing a firearm (Sgt.York, the Battle of the Somme and the like excepted).

BSBD,

Winsor

>I am no more comfortable with someone coming at me with a machete than a Mauser

I don't know about you, but if someone is 300 yards away in a high rise hotel, and I am on the ground (say at a concert) I am WAY more comfortable with a homicidal guy with a machete than with a Mauser.