2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

lawrocket

I think I'd be more fearful of an "insanity database" than the current possibility of a chance encounter with a crazy with a gun.

I am quoting this. Because I agree

Maybe you'd change your tune if it was your family member killed by a loony.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Mass shootings are rare

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44126.pdf

The study, “Mass Murder with Firearms: Incidents and Victims, 1999-2013,” defines a “mass shooting” as “a multiple homicide incident in which four or more victims are murdered with firearms, within one event, in one or more locations in close proximity.” Because the underlying circumstances of mass shootings vary widely, the study categorizes such crimes as family-related, felony-related (e.g., robberies and gang shootouts), and those taking place in public locations, such as schools, restaurants and houses of worship.

By CRS’ count, 71 percent of mass shootings and 79 percent of their fatal victims over the 15-year period 1999-2013 were family- or felony-related. Public incidents, while accounting for the vast majority of mass shootings covered by the news media, accounted for only 21 percent of such incidents and 29 percent of their victims.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150807/mass-shootings-rare-government-study-says

Well, if you exclude from "mass SHOOTINGS" all shootings that don't result in murder, then you are deluding yourself and your readers. Apparently shootings that only result in serious injury aren't shootings at all according to the NRA.

(You did notice, I'm sure, that the NRA conveniently re-worded the report from "mass murder" to "mass shootings" while pretending that the data were the exact same thing.)

The only one under the cloud of delusion is you

but
Dont let that stop you

BTW

Give us the specific changes you know would fix everything you see as a problem

[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******Mass shootings are rare

The study, “Mass Murder with Firearms: Incidents and Victims, 1999-2013,” defines a “mass shooting” as “a multiple homicide incident in which four or more victims are murdered with firearms, within one event, in one or more locations in close proximity.” Because the underlying circumstances of mass shootings vary widely, the study categorizes such crimes as family-related, felony-related (e.g., robberies and gang shootouts), and those taking place in public locations, such as schools, restaurants and houses of worship.

By CRS’ count, 71 percent of mass shootings and 79 percent of their fatal victims over the 15-year period 1999-2013 were family- or felony-related. Public incidents, while accounting for the vast majority of mass shootings covered by the news media, accounted for only 21 percent of such incidents and 29 percent of their victims.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150807/mass-shootings-rare-government-study-says

Well, if you exclude from "mass SHOOTINGS" all shootings that don't result in murder, then you are deluding yourself and your readers. Apparently shootings that only result in serious injury aren't shootings at all according to the NRA.

(You did notice, I'm sure, that the NRA conveniently re-worded the report from "mass murder" to "mass shootings" while pretending that the data were the exact same thing.)

but
Dont let that stop you

BTW

As usual you posted something without reading (or comprehending) it. The NRA article changed "mass murder" in the original report to "mass shooting" but quoted the murder numbers. Clearly the NRA knows its audience is people like you who don't notice the wool being pulled over their eyes.

kallend

*********Mass shootings are rare

but
Dont let that stop you

BTW

As usual you posted something without reading (or comprehending) it. The NRA article changed "mass murder" in the original report to "mass shooting" but quoted the murder numbers. Clearly the NRA knows its audience is people like you who don't notice the wool being pulled over their eyes.

LOL
Abraham Lincoln

Anvilbrother

They are getting real salty around here lately.

Ya
Normal MO for them when they cannot make a factual argument[:/]

So they move to terminology

Notice how he will not address the SPECIFICS of what he would propose to fix all he thinks is bad?
Abraham Lincoln

After repeatedly trying to have this discussion, yet receiving nothing but ridicule and insults, I'm starting to finally understand why.
Some here are thick as bricks when it comes to actually doing anything.
meh, like I said, we'll do nothing again.
More will die.
Apathy will continue.

normiss

After repeatedly trying to have this discussion, yet receiving nothing but ridicule and insults, I'm starting to finally understand why.
More will die.
Apathy will continue.

And the only deaths you care about are those caused by guns
Your tunnel vision defines you
And you call others thick as bricks:S

Tell us oh wise one
What would YOU put into place to stop all this carnage?

BTW
You say you have tryed to have a disccusion with ME?

Now that is fucking funny shit dude

All you do is come in calling me and others stupid or tell us we do not understand
And the only reason anyone does not understand is because you can not see any way ANYONE can disagree with you

And then the apathy comment???

Classic

Is it all about the emotions and the good intentions

Never mind the fact that any and all of the proposed law changes would not have prevented ONE of these shootings including Sandy Hook

You get what you sew my friend
Take a good hard look in the mirror
If you are honest about that look, you will see you are just projecting!

Sheesh
Abraham Lincoln

Anvilbrother

***Yes I know this won't stop criminals from obtaining weapons but most of the crazy mass shooting nut bags don't seem to acquire their weapons weapons that way.

Seems facts are not your forte. 3/4 of the guns obtained by most mass shooters are done legally
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map

I don't think you guys are disagreeing. When he said, "that way" I took that to mean, "...the way criminals do, illegally."

Regarding the "crazy database", I suspect that will function and be managed at least as well as the federal no fly list. As long as it is only applied against gun ownership, though, there frankly won't be enough political pull to reverse or undo it if it turns out to be horrible. If we committed everyone we thought might be just a gun away from going on a shooting spree you'd have tons of backlash, but if you're just denying firearms you can get away with a lot more slop.

As much as people like to whine about the NRA, the second amendment, and other gun lobbyists, very little actually gets undone once it is signed into law.

rushmc

***After repeatedly trying to have this discussion, yet receiving nothing but ridicule and insults, I'm starting to finally understand why.
More will die.
Apathy will continue.

Tell us oh wise one

BTW

All you do is come in calling me and others stupid or tell us we do not understand
And the only reason anyone does not understand is because you can not see any way ANYONE can disagree with you

Classic

Never mind the fact that any and all of the proposed law changes would not have prevented ONE of these shootings including Sandy Hook

Sheesh

Had the Sandy Hook killer's mom secured her guns properly, that mass shooting probably wouldn't have happened. Ditto for the Columbine massacre, in which, IIRC, the two teen killers took their dad's guns.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

******After repeatedly trying to have this discussion, yet receiving nothing but ridicule and insults, I'm starting to finally understand why.
More will die.
Apathy will continue.

Tell us oh wise one

BTW

Classic

Sheesh

Had the Sandy Hook killer's mom secured her guns properly, that mass shooting probably wouldn't have happened. Ditto for the Columbine massacre, in which, IIRC, the two teen killers took their dad's guns.

I do not have any children in my house
Do you expect me to "properly secure" my guns in a specific manner?

In any event
That is a guess on your part
And I believe the Sandy Hook shooter had one gun of his own (I am working off memory) I thought he had purchased and 1911 in a 45 acp
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***They are getting real salty around here lately.

Ya

Apparently you consider "shooting" and "murder" to be exactly the same thing. According to you, pointing out that they are NOT the same thing is just playing with terminology.

kallend

******They are getting real salty around here lately.

Ya

Apparently you consider "shooting" and "murder" to be exactly the same thing. According to you, pointing out that they are NOT the same thing is just playing with terminology.

Try again

Oh

and look at YOUR thread subject line
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

*********They are getting real salty around here lately.

Ya

Try again

Oh

Indeed, the subject line says SHOOTINGS, but the CRS data YOU posted clearly states it is for MURDERS although the NRA misleadingly quoted it as SHOOTINGS, and you uncritically parroted the NRA line.

Since you continue to try to defend your misleading post, we can only assume that you can't tell the difference between a shooting and a murder.

kallend

************They are getting real salty around here lately.

Ya

Try again

Oh

Indeed, the subject line says SHOOTINGS, but the CRS data YOU posted clearly states it is for MURDERS although the NRA misleadingly quoted it as SHOOTINGS, and you uncritically parroted the NRA line.

Since you continue to try to defend your misleading post, we can only assume that you can't tell the difference between a shooting and a murder.

Of course I can't

The MO continues as demonstrated
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***************They are getting real salty around here lately.

Ya

Try again

Oh

Of course I can't

The MO continues as demonstrated

Indeed, you continue to demonstrate an inability to comprehend what you read.

Title of the CRS report YOU cited:

"Mass Murder with Firearms: Incidents and
Victims, 1999-2013"

The data in that report relate to homicides with firearms.

rushmc's comment based on that report:

"Mass shootings are rare"

Title of this thread:

More mass shootings

So as far as you (and the NRA) are concerned, Rep. Gifford, who survived being shot in the head, was not a shooting victim. Pres. Reagan survived being shot in the chest, so he wasn't a shooting victim...

billvon

>Do you expect me to "properly secure" my guns in a specific manner?

Yes. If you can't secure your guns against accidental (or malicious) use, you shouldn't have them in your house.

Hmmm
So you view guns as a special piece of property

Sorry
I don’t
If my house is locked and someone breaks into my house I should not be liable for what they do with stolen property

If my car is stolen I am not liable for what the thief does with it

This is also related to the federal law that states people can NOT sue arms manufacturers because of what someone else, who has a perfectly operating piece of that companies equipment, for malicious use of that equipment

So
You

Get the hell out of my house
You have NO RIGHT to be there
Abraham Lincoln