2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/17/us/new-jersey-art-festival-shooting/index.html

Just another day in MAGAland. It's sort of there own fault though. The victims should have known better than to be part of such a soft target. And if they all were carrying killing machines with them for protection this would not have happened. When are people going to start acting responsibly and doing what they need to do to protect themselves?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Wow! I just heard that there were 22 people shot in Trenton New Jersey over the weekend! Yet hardly any news has been out about it. Why?

And we know why. It's because of dishonest left and it's media don't want to get away from the bogus children at the border issue. Why? Because it covers up the devastating IG report just issued. It's fun to watch all of you lefties suck in the media narrative Hook Line & Sinker and then parrot it so loyally! Again, it'd be funny if it wasn't so damn sad!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Wow! I just heard that there were 22 people shot in Trenton New Jersey over the weekend! Yet hardly any news has been out about it. Why?

And we know why. It's because of dishonest left and it's media don't want to get away from the bogus children at the border issue. Why? Because it covers up the devastating IG report just issued. It's fun to watch all of you lefties suck in the media narrative Hook Line & Sinker and then parrot it so loyally! Again, it'd be funny if it wasn't so damn sad!

ABC
NBC
CNBC
etc etc etc

All reported on it 2 and 3 days ago. A simple google search would show that. Are Trump supporters really too stupid to google and buy the shit you are spouting without checking?

So, if you just heard about it, it is likely because your news sources are shitty news sources. Maybe you are the problem, not the rest of the world.

SkyDekker

... Are Trump supporters really too stupid to google and buy the shit you are spouting without checking?

Some of them.

Most, however, are more along the lines of 'I want it to be true, so it must be true.

So they search out stuff that validates their positions. And ignore the rest.

And, of course, they are the victims of vicious slander, persecution and discrimination.

Trump gives them all of that, so they flock to him.

Just like Hitler. Yeah, I really went there. The similarities are getting a bit scary.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

rushmc

Why? Because it covers up the devastating IG report just issued.

Would that be the IG report that Trump totally misrepresented, claiming (among other lies) it exonerated him when it didn't.

Or the DHS IG report showing that draconian measures against border crossers do NOT deter people from trying (contary to administration claims)?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

SkyDekker

***Wow! I just heard that there were 22 people shot in Trenton New Jersey over the weekend! Yet hardly any news has been out about it. Why?

ABC
NBC
CNBC
etc etc etc

All reported on it 2 and 3 days ago. A simple google search would show that. Are Trump supporters really too stupid to google and buy the shit you are spouting without checking?

So, if you just heard about it, it is likely because your news sources are shitty news sources. Maybe you are the problem, not the rest of the world.

Ahhh
So the same uproar was there?

NOT!!

My point is valid!
Abraham Lincoln

Take a look at FOX News right now. They are reporting on:

The IG report BOMBSHELL that will blow the investigation wide open
Ex-FBI boss Comey hits back at Hillary, refuses to apologize for email probe
FBI may have altered witness reports from Hillary Clinton, Russia probes, key lawmaker charges

Anything to distract from Trump's actions.

wolfriverjoe

***... Are Trump supporters really too stupid to google and buy the shit you are spouting without checking?

Some of them.

Most, however, are more along the lines of 'I want it to be true, so it must be true.

So they search out stuff that validates their positions. And ignore the rest.

And, of course, they are the victims of vicious slander, persecution and discrimination.

Trump gives them all of that, so they flock to him.

Just like Hitler. Yeah, I really went there. The similarities are getting a bit scary.

Hitler? You give Trump too much credit.

Try Mussolini. "Make Italy Great Again"

Hitler? You give Trump too much credit.

Try Mussolini. "Make Italy Great Again"

Yes, far too much credit. Hitler had a vision and an ideology that was consistent. He wrote Mein Kampf, mostly in a prison cell. Trump has no real belief system other than his inflated ego. His book was ghost written by a man who is on record stating just how empty and shallow Trump really is.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

yoink

I don't understand it.

Since the last time I've been thinking REALLY HARD about this not happening again.

Why isn't it working?

No prayers! Need thoughts AND prayers.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

yoink

I don't understand it.

Since the last time I've been thinking REALLY HARD about this not happening again.

Why isn't it working?

Because you probably haven't sorted through any of the proposed solutions thread and developed your own thoughts to EXPRESS to your congressional & senatorial representatives. You can think really hard, or holler BAN BAN BAN, or hug a tree and feel all warm and fuzzy inside, or take action.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

You can think really hard, or holler BAN BAN BAN, or hug a tree and feel all warm and fuzzy inside, or take action.

There you go again. Gun control is not banning.

gowlerk

You can think really hard, or holler BAN BAN BAN, or hug a tree and feel all warm and fuzzy inside, or take action.

There you go again. Gun control is not banning.

'Gun Control' is an empty term that everyone attaches their own meeting to. We've had 'Gun Control' for forty years, or we need 'Gun Control' now. Until someone says something like "we need to take this action to control gun violence" it's just like saying "we need weather."

And Bigun has done something about it. At least to the extent of gather opinions (lots of them) here, and probably IRL, and putting together a proposal to forward to his congresscritter. And, given Bigun, I assume he's actually done that, or is still actively working it.

A proposal from someone in your district, with a good military background, that has considered at least one level of what-ifs, is going to be more likely to be considered seriously and possibly incorporated into actual legislation than one that starts with "ban guns" or something like that.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

And Bigun has done something about it. At least to the extent of gather opinions (lots of them) here, and probably IRL, and putting together a proposal to forward to his congresscritter. And, given Bigun, I assume he's actually done that, or is still actively working it.

A proposal from someone in your district, with a good military background, that has considered at least one level of what-ifs, is going to be more likely to be considered seriously and possibly incorporated into actual legislation than one that starts with "ban guns" or something like that.

Wendy P.

I agree. I wasn't questioning what Bigun said.

wmw999

You were just last :)
Wendy P.

Got it. I got depressed thinking about how long ago it was that James Brady got shot. Not that I was some sort of fan of his, but if it happened nearly forty years ago, and I remember it, then I'm forty years older. That's a scary phrase.

yoink

I don't understand it.

Why isn't it working?

Because republicans keep asking for violence, lately specifically against journalists.

"Each act, each occasion, is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join with you in resisting somehow."

Because republicans keep asking for violence, lately specifically against journalists.

You need to, but you can't, back this kind of statement up!!!
Abraham Lincoln

BIGUN

***I don't understand it.

Why isn't it working?

Because you probably haven't sorted through any of the proposed solutions thread and developed your own thoughts to EXPRESS to your congressional & senatorial representatives. You can think really hard, or holler BAN BAN BAN, or hug a tree and feel all warm and fuzzy inside, or take action.

Read the thread again.

I've suggested a couple of solutions. And I have written to my senators and will continue to do so - again, as I've mentioned in this thread previously.