2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

>Unsecured guns, with ammo right there.

The guns are secured - and a glass cabinet is sufficient protection if someone is there, because even a Wal-Mart employee isn't going to be able to ignore the sound of someone smashing a glass case with a baseball bat.

However, if the place is deserted, that's a problem.

>EVERY Walmart I've been to, had trigger locks on EVERY gun.

Even better. Not too many Wal-Marts around here, but the Big Five stores often have long guns, and they are locked with a cable running through all the trigger guards. Cheap and effective.

Yea you mean these plastic ass pieces of shit that are removed with two pointy objects, and not even an internal key?

Once you have easily stolen the weapons two drywall screws or strong tooth picks can unscrew that....

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Most of the ones around here, the cases are behind a counter, locked, with trigger locks/cable locks on EVERY one.
All removed and locked in a cage or safe when they close. LOL :P

I'd say it's an excellent effort at securing them adequately.

http://wreg.com/2014/06/03/gun-thieves-hit-same-memphis-walmart-for-third-time-this-year/

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — For the third time this year, a gun has been stolen from the same Walmart store in the Memphis area.

The latest theft happened May 28 just before 1 a.m. when two men walked into the Walmart located at 577 N. Germantown Parkway.

According to a police report, one man distracted an employee while the other broke the glass on a gun case.

The man took what is described by police as a Diamond Back DB-15 Assault rifle.

The gun was hidden under the man’s shirt and shorts according to police.

Both men reportedly ran toward Germantown Parkway.

There are vague descriptions of the two men, though one appeared to be wearing a GPS tracking ankle bracelet on his right leg.

The first theft at the store happened January 27 when two rifles were stolen.

Seven others were taken February 11.

Several people have been arrested for those earlier gun thefts.

Stolen were:

Colt M4 Carbine (3)

DPM Panther Arms A-5

Sigsauer 522

Perfect example.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

normiss

No.

Well that is what is on almost all guns when you buy them off the shelf you even get to take it home. I have a box full of them along with the cable loop breach type locks from glock.

Anvilbrother

http://wreg.com/2014/06/03/gun-thieves-hit-same-memphis-walmart-for-third-time-this-year/

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — For the third time this year, a gun has been stolen from the same Walmart store in the Memphis area.

The latest theft happened May 28 just before 1 a.m. when two men walked into the Walmart located at 577 N. Germantown Parkway.

According to a police report, one man distracted an employee while the other broke the glass on a gun case.

The man took what is described by police as a Diamond Back DB-15 Assault rifle.

The gun was hidden under the man’s shirt and shorts according to police.

Both men reportedly ran toward Germantown Parkway.

There are vague descriptions of the two men, though one appeared to be wearing a GPS tracking ankle bracelet on his right leg.

The first theft at the store happened January 27 when two rifles were stolen.

Seven others were taken February 11.

Several people have been arrested for those earlier gun thefts.

Stolen were:

Colt M4 Carbine (3)

DPM Panther Arms A-5

Sigsauer 522

Perfect example.

Sounds like maybe there should be much stricter laws on how guns are stored and secured then :)

>MEMPHIS, Tenn. — For the third time this year, a gun has been stolen from
>the same Walmart store in the Memphis area.

Sounds like they need to have someone in the gun area. (Or if they prefer not to - to lock their guns.)

>They did have someone at the counter. One of the guys distracted him away
>from the case so the other could break in.

Right. Like I said, sounds like they needed someone at the gun counter. (And to make it clear, someone who would be at - and would stay at - the gun counter.)

That might be too much to ask of Wal-Mart employees - in which case it would be a wise decision to use the sort of simple system that Big Five uses here to secure their guns.

>And what are they to do if someone tries to steal a gun?

Physically get in their way. Grab the gun they are trying to take. Call the cops. Hit the alarm button (if they have one.) All the things that clerks have done for centuries now to keep people from stealing things.

Clearly clerks are good deterrents; part of the plot to steal the guns was to lure the clerk away from the counter so they wouldn't have to deal with him. Thus a strategy that is as simple as "don't leave the counter" would help.

But if you think that would not be effective (or that Wal-Mart could not competently enact such a plan) then by all means, lock them up.

billvon

Physically get in their way. Grab the gun they are trying to take. Call the cops. Hit the alarm button (if they have one.) All the things that clerks have done for centuries now to keep people from stealing things.

Clearly clerks are good deterrents; part of the plot to steal the guns was to lure the clerk away from the counter so they wouldn't have to deal with him. Thus a strategy that is as simple as "don't leave the counter" would help.

But if you think that would not be effective (or that Wal-Mart could not competently enact such a plan) then by all means, lock them up.

Physically get in their way.
-kind of like a well built house would?
-like a big dog would?

Call the cops.
-kind of like a monitored home alarm would?

If those things are effective why isn't a well constructed house with an alarm and a dog good enough?

>Physically get in their way.
>-kind of like a well built house would?
>-like a big dog would?

Kind of like a clerk would. Again, clerks have been keeping people from stealing things from their shops for a few thousand years.

>If those things are effective why isn't a well constructed house with an
>alarm and a dog good enough?

If you are home and the guns are in your immediate control? Then no worries. You are responsible for them.

If you are not home, and/or they are not in your immediate control? Then it would be a good idea to secure them, as all the stores we have discussed so far do.

billvon

actually, when I worked in retail, company policy (and it was a big company) was that you DID NOT in any way get into a physical confrontation with a shoplifter. At one point we simply followed someone outside the store after being notified by security of a shoplifter, and he turned on us and pulled a knife. And I believe the guy I was with had his shirt slashed, and the company refused to give him another shirt, because they said he shouldn't have tried to detain him. In other cases we were told people had lost their jobs from attempting to physically detain someone caught shoplifting...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

>At one point we simply followed someone outside the store after being notified
>by security of a shoplifter, and he turned on us and pulled a knife. And I believe
>the guy I was with had his shirt slashed, and the company refused to give him
>another shirt, because they said he shouldn't have tried to detain him.

I like it! Nothing like having your employees wear cut up clothes to inspire customer confidence in your store.

Customer: "Hey why is your shirt cut up like that?"
Clerk: "Guy tried to knife me last night in the parking lot. They won't give me a new shirt."
Customer "Oh . . . OK then . . . maybe I'll head to that other market . . . . fewer knifings I hear."

Interesting thread where I'm seeing Walmart being held up as doing anything good by certain posters

it's so confusing

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

billvon

>At one point we simply followed someone outside the store after being notified
>by security of a shoplifter, and he turned on us and pulled a knife. And I believe
>the guy I was with had his shirt slashed, and the company refused to give him
>another shirt, because they said he shouldn't have tried to detain him.

I like it! Nothing like having your employees wear cut up clothes to inspire customer confidence in your store.

Customer: "Hey why is your shirt cut up like that?"
Clerk: "Guy tried to knife me last night in the parking lot. They won't give me a new shirt."
Customer "Oh . . . OK then . . . maybe I'll head to that other market . . . . fewer knifings I hear."

I said they refused to give him one, not that they let him wear the cut up one. He had to buy one. But they gave him the 10% employee discount. I seem to recall it was about 10:30 in the morning.

It was Kmart. We were both 'management trainees'...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

rushmc

Another spelling and grammar Nazi

You are obviously an intelligent person. Why don't you bother to proof read your epistles before you post? That squiggly red line underneath much of what you write points out the most obvious misspellings. Why do you not have enough respect for those that read what you write, and for yourself, to correct the spelling/grammar/mistypes/etc. ? It is baffling.

headoverheels

Another spelling and grammar Nazi

You are obviously an intelligent person. Why don't you bother to proof read your epistles before you post? That squiggly red line underneath much of what you write points out the most obvious misspellings. Why do you not have enough respect for those that read what you write, and for yourself, to correct the spelling/grammar/mistypes/etc. ? It is baffling.

I don't know about him but this website is horrid for mobile users. If I take too long typing out a post, or if I add a tab to go grab a source someone demands when I come back the page reloads and wipes out everything I had typed. Also you can hardly use any of the highlight on here. See the image attached the highlight is extending out of the box and into never never land. And there are no red squiggly lines showing errors, so out of fear of my content being erased I rush posts. One last thing once a post is too long and it disappears out of view good luck trying to scroll back up without it glitching out.

Attachment too large Ooh well it was all fucked up, had half the post and half the adds highlighted.