2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

rehmwa

******We have a group of people that have a philosophy that they can come into a private home and legislate to people what kind of light bulbs one must use, and ad nauseum on every single subject. ...

Maybe it's different out in the boonies, but my local hardware stores stock all kinds of light bulbs (incandescent, CFD, LED) and no-one checks which kind I buy, or where i put them in my house.

why do you hate children?

Maybe having raised four has something to do with it.B|

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

>I point out the hypocrisy

. . . followed immediately by a statement about how you want to keep the government out of your house but inside women's bodies.

Bravo sir.

:D

Show me sir
where I said that about womens bodies

And you may want to look back and read my exact position on the topic BEFORE you reply and make yourself look silly yet again
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Yet accepts every bit of garbage political "advice" the NRA/ILA FLOODS their members with.
It's why I cancelled my membership.

I am not a memeber either
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>Yet accepts every bit of garbage political "advice" the NRA/ILA FLOODS their members with.

Well, keep in mind that this is an organization whose income is dependent (at least in part) on selling guns. Thus if they can convince people that Obama is going to grab their guns REAL SOON NOW (or whatever the current scare is) they can bilk a lot of money from the gullible.

MEH
The NRA does not have to do that
Obama needs no help in that dept
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

why do you hate children?

Maybe having raised four has something to do with it.B|

:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rushmc wrote:
I do not see the NRA trying to push its views into my home

Do you?

What planet are you on??

If we say 'you should lock up your gun' then we're radicals and are trying to force our way into your home.

Please explain how your logic is working.

People her sren't saying, "you should lock up your guns." People are saying, "you should be required under penalty of law to lock up your guns."

Big difference.

- Dan G

Out of all the freedoms the government takes away every year, this seems like such a non-event that it's ridiculous.

We've been criticized with not putting forward any viable solutions to the gun problem - (if you think there is one.)

Pro gun advocates are always talking about 'Responsible gun ownership'.

When we try and suggest that the recommendations by the biggest gun lobby in the world be backed by some sort of sanction (I'd suggest confiscation and inability to own a firearm for a period of time) then it suddenly becomes a civil rights issue.

If you have a demolitions license to buy explosives you are REQUIRED to store and handle them in a certain secure way.

If you have a license for cylinders of compressed gasses (like hospitals have) you are REQUIRED to store them in a certain secure way.

I'm sure there are other examples.

How if this any different? The pro-gun advocates preach responsible ownership but refuse to follow advice given by their lobbying body. How can any of their stances be taken seriously with that level of hippocrasy?

Cylinders and explosives are dangerous to the whole neighborhood. They are particularly dangerous to fire fighters. They are dangerous even when they haven't been stolen by a criminal.

Basically, you are advocating criminalizing being robbed. It is completely different from the requirement to safely store explosives.

- Dan G

DanG

Cylinders and explosives are dangerous to the whole neighborhood. They are particularly dangerous to fire fighters. They are dangerous even when they haven't been stolen by a criminal.

Basically, you are advocating criminalizing being robbed. It is completely different from the requirement to safely store explosives.

Are you speaking about pipe bombs, or cartridges?:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

***We have a group of people that have a philosophy that they can come into a private home and legislate to people what kind of light bulbs one must use, and ad nauseum on every single subject. ...

Maybe it's different out in the boonies, but my local hardware stores stock all kinds of light bulbs (incandescent, CFD, LED) and no-one checks which kind I buy, or where i put them in my house.

I doubt they stock 100 w incadescents... maybe you should look again...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

******We have a group of people that have a philosophy that they can come into a private home and legislate to people what kind of light bulbs one must use, and ad nauseum on every single subject. ...

I can get 300 watt incandescent bulbs if I want, just go to lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/Light-Bulbs/Incandescent-Light-Bulbs/Standard-Incandescent-Light-Bulbs/_/N-1z10ht8/pl#!

About 4 buck a piece.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

The NRA is NOT trying to pass laws that push their agenda into my home

Nobody here is trying to pass laws either, we are just having a discussion.

Yet, that doesn't stop you from calling anybody with differing views a radical trying to force their way into your home.

If anything the NRA has far more influence on the creation of laws than DZ.com posters.

Once again, your logic is faulty.

SkyDekker

The NRA is NOT trying to pass laws that push their agenda into my home

Nobody here is trying to pass laws either, we are just having a discussion.

Yet, that doesn't stop you from calling anybody with differing views a radical trying to force their way into your home.

If anything the NRA has far more influence on the creation of laws than DZ.com posters.

Once again, your logic is faulty.

I am looking at the big picture

You are not
Abraham Lincoln

From the facebook page of the guy who shot his two sons dead after an argument with his wife:

scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11822642_1140821279278769_1013740141391467010_n.jpg?oh=d600cdec511d50c1e3a032d17f2b93a3&oe=56403BFF

Right up until the time he pulled the trigger he was a poster child for the NRA way of thinking.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

turtlespeed

*********We have a group of people that have a philosophy that they can come into a private home and legislate to people what kind of light bulbs one must use, and ad nauseum on every single subject. ...

http://www.lowes.com/Light-Bulbs/Incandescent-Light-Bulbs/Standard-Incandescent-Light-Bulbs/_/N-1z10ht8/pl#!

About 4 buck a piece.

interesting. It looks like that's because they're either 3-way or outdoor post lights, etc...

In Canada The Canadian federal government banned the import and sale of 75- and 100-watt incandescent bulbs, effective 1 January 2014. On 1 January 2015, 40- and 60-watt bulbs were also banned. Retailers will be allowed to sell their existing inventories imported before the bans.[50]
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

************We have a group of people that have a philosophy that they can come into a private home and legislate to people what kind of light bulbs one must use, and ad nauseum on every single subject. ...

About 4 buck a piece.

interesting. It looks like that's because they're either 3-way or outdoor post lights, etc...

In Canada The Canadian federal government banned the import and sale of 75- and 100-watt incandescent bulbs, effective 1 January 2014. On 1 January 2015, 40- and 60-watt bulbs were also banned. Retailers will be allowed to sell their existing inventories imported before the bans.[50]

They are used mainly for construction temp lights

>Cylinders and explosives are dangerous to the whole neighborhood.

Exactly.

If something is dangerous only to the owner, then no problem. Want to juggle chainsaws in your basement? Go for it.

But once you have something capable of accidentally killing the guy in the house next to you, expect to see some restrictions on how you use, maintain and store it.