2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

billvon

>I think the police should give you a speeding ticket today
>Even though you were not speeding at the time, your vehicle clearly has the
>ability to do so.

I think the police _should_ give you a ticket for driving a car with no brakes, no headlights, no turn signals and no horn. Even if you claim that you are such a good driver that you will never get in an accident with your car.

But this is not what we are talking about now is it.

We ARE talking about a fully functional, will work as designed fully construction object.

You want to be able to come into my house and dictate what I must do with that object based on what might or could (but most likely never will) happen.

So, this car is fully functional and everything works

and it can go faster than the speed limit at any given time

You need a ticket dude

This is YOUR logic

I am just following it through!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

No, I should not be held responsible for criminal actions with stolen property

If you left your gun in your front yard overnight and somebody took it to rob a corner store, you do not think you should bare any responsibility?

If you left your car parked in your drive way, with the keys in it. A drunk steals it and runs someone over. Do you think you should bare any responsibility?

I take it your answer is no then.

I disagree, I do believe the owner bares some responsibility in that scenario.

And all objects are simply not the same, nor are all locations. Specifics matter.

SkyDekker

No, I should not be held responsible for criminal actions with stolen property

If you left your gun in your front yard overnight and somebody took it to rob a corner store, you do not think you should bare any responsibility?

If you left your car parked in your drive way, with the keys in it. A drunk steals it and runs someone over. Do you think you should bare any responsibility?

I take it your answer is no then.

I disagree, I do believe the owner bares some responsibility in that scenario.

And all objects are simply not the same, nor are all locations. Specifics matter.

you take it wrong

When a level of neglegence is involved everything changes
If I leave a loaded gun in the yard there is a level of neglegence involved.

Not the same if I leave that same loaded gun in my locked house.

As for the car

The insurance company will not cover your loses if they find out you left the keys in it while on the street so I guess those companies at least disagree with you

And I feel if you think the gun owner bares some respoinsibilty for the gun in the yard it is somewhat hypocritical of you saying the car owner should be treated differently

In a locked garage? Then it all falls on the thief.

What if you left a knife in the yard and some kid finds it and injures another kid?
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

***Agreed.

It's not like criminals steal stuff.
:P

Thieves don't obey laws against theft anyway, so what's the point of laws against theft?

How about carry permits

Which more and more states are doing away with and have had no ill effects from those changes
Abraham Lincoln

If I leave a load gun in the yard there is a level of neglegence involved.

Yet taking an object from a locked house, an unlocked house or an open, private yard are all theft.

Hence, you do clearly believe that as an owner you bare some responsibility for some one stealing your gun and using it for nefarious purposes.

You just draw the line at "locked house".

rushmc

***When the ones that believe there should zero responsibility regarding guns possession are the ones directly effected by a loony with a semi-auto, then we might start making some progress.
Jebus. No wonder we have such a gun problem.

And you fully demonstrate the reason why those who own guns fight anti gun nuts like you

So now being a responsible gun owner makes one an "anti-gun nut". Got it. Things surely are weird in rushmc's looking glass land.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>You want to be able to come into my house and dictate what I must do with
>that object based on what might or could (but most likely never will) happen.

Yes. Just like cops want to be able to dictate what you must do with an object (a car) based on what might or could happen.

Why can't you drive a car with no brakes, horn or headlights? Because it poses a risk to other people on the road. You can demonstrate that the risk is higher to others when cars have no brakes, even if you are careful.

Why can't you drive drunk? Why can the cops dictate what you do in the privacy of your own house, and then the privacy of your car? Because it poses a risk to other people on the road. You can demonstrate that the risk to others is higher when you are drunk, even if you are careful.

Why can't you be careless with weapons?

========================
Baby accidentally shot by neighbor in Georgia apartment complex

Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:40 am
WTXL TV

LOWNDES CO., Ga. --A member of the Air Force is facing charges after a 14-month-old child was shot, according to Lowndes County Sheriff Chris Prine.

The incident happened Tuesday, February 20, at the Northwind Apartments on Northwind Boulevard. That afternoon, a resident called the sheriff's office and said a baby inside the apartments was hurt.

Deputies and emergency officials responded around 3:30 p.m. As deputies and investigators examined the scene and interviewed witnesses, they learned that another resident in the complex, Justin Scott Hamilton, may be responsible for the child's injury.

Deputies say that Hamilton, 28, was inside his apartment with his handgun, a semi-automatic .40 caliber weapon. He reportedly pulled the trigger, thinking it wasn't loaded. The firearm discharged, and the bullet went through the apartment, crossed a breezeway, and entered the baby's apartment.

The child was struck in the hand by the stray bullet, according to investigators. The mother of the child immediately exited the apartment and took the child to the hospital.
==========================

SkyDekker

If I leave a load gun in the yard there is a level of neglegence involved.

Yet taking an object from a locked house, an unlocked house or an open, private yard are all theft.

Hence, you do clearly believe that as an owner you bare some responsibility for some one stealing your gun and using it for nefarious purposes.

You just draw the line at "locked house".

What right do you have to tell me what I have to do with my objects in my house?

All my other valuable stuff is protected by that locked door.

I see locking my door as a reasonable precaution
Anti gun activists whould have us go further and have another level of precaution regarding guns

Linking these all together to just call a theft a theft is a dishonest argument
Abraham Lincoln

When a car has no headlights, breaks or horn it is broken

Different argument
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>You want to be able to come into my house and dictate what I must do with
>that object based on what might or could (but most likely never will) happen.

Yes. Just like cops want to be able to dictate what you must do with an object (a car) based on what might or could happen.

Why can't you drive a car with no brakes, horn or headlights? Because it poses a risk to other people on the road. You can demonstrate that the risk is higher to others when cars have no brakes, even if you are careful.

Why can't you drive drunk? Why can the cops dictate what you do in the privacy of your own house, and then the privacy of your car? Because it poses a risk to other people on the road. You can demonstrate that the risk to others is higher when you are drunk, even if you are careful.

Why can't you be careless with weapons?

========================
Baby accidentally shot by neighbor in Georgia apartment complex

Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:40 am
WTXL TV

LOWNDES CO., Ga. --A member of the Air Force is facing charges after a 14-month-old child was shot, according to Lowndes County Sheriff Chris Prine.

The incident happened Tuesday, February 20, at the Northwind Apartments on Northwind Boulevard. That afternoon, a resident called the sheriff's office and said a baby inside the apartments was hurt.

Deputies and emergency officials responded around 3:30 p.m. As deputies and investigators examined the scene and interviewed witnesses, they learned that another resident in the complex, Justin Scott Hamilton, may be responsible for the child's injury.

Deputies say that Hamilton, 28, was inside his apartment with his handgun, a semi-automatic .40 caliber weapon. He reportedly pulled the trigger, thinking it wasn't loaded. The firearm discharged, and the bullet went through the apartment, crossed a breezeway, and entered the baby's apartment.

The child was struck in the hand by the stray bullet, according to investigators. The mother of the child immediately exited the apartment and took the child to the hospital.
==========================

BTW
This is careless neglegence and has NOTHING to do with storage

Please
Stay on target as any storage laws and or requirments would not stop someone that breaks basic safety rules when the gun is in his hands
Abraham Lincoln

>When a car has no headlights, breaks or horn it is broken

Go out to Glamis any weekend and you'll see cars with no headlights or horns, and brakes that are sketchy at best, riding up and down sand dunes. Why can't you drive them on highways? Answer- they are unsafe to others.

Why can't you treat guns like spoons and store them loaded on your coffee table? Answer - they are unsafe to others.

billvon

>When a car has no headlights, breaks or horn it is broken

Go out to Glamis any weekend and you'll see cars with no headlights or horns, and brakes that are sketchy at best, riding up and down sand dunes. Why can't you drive them on highways? Answer- they are unsafe to others.

Why can't you treat guns like spoons and store them loaded on your coffee table? Answer - they are unsafe to others.

Not in my house

You stay the hell OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!
Abraham Lincoln

The rules for safe handling of different objects are necessarily different. We don't expect the same rules for lettuce as for lithium batteries. We don't expect the same rules for milk as for rocket fuel.

Comparing the rules for cars and guns is equally absurd.

Guns are a favorite target of criminals (in the top three after cash and jewelry), designed to kill and maim even when used properly, easy to conceal, fascinating to children, and even a three year old can fire one. The rules for the safe storage of guns should be appropriately strict.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Correct.
Hence the storage laws/requirements when transporting them.
If you're complacent enough to leave loaded weapons laying around like last week's newspaper, I'd say you are not a responsible gun owner.

Incidentally, one of my favorite things about my new F250; the locking storage under the rear seats.
;):)

What right do you have to tell me what I have to do with my objects in my house?

Linking these all together to just call a theft a theft is a dishonest argument

lol

Anti gun activists

Some logical honesty going on there.

kallend

The rules for safe handling of different objects are necessarily different. We don't expect the same rules for lettuce as for lithium batteries. We don't expect the same rules for milk as for rocket fuel.

Comparing the rules for cars and guns is equally absurd.

Guns are a favorite target of criminals (in the top three after cash and jewelry), designed to kill and maim even when used properly, easy to conceal, and fascinating to children. The rules for the safe storage of guns should be appropriately strict.

so as soon as you get those laws passed for lettuce and tithium batteries come on back (I shudder to post that as this is something a liber would do if they could)

As for you point

Bull shit
when I am out in public then yes, there should be some rules

but not in my house

I would not advocate leaving the guns laying on a coffee table when kids are around but I know that is not the case in Chicago where those people are shooting themselves up every day

Just so you know
I do lock my guns up
But not because of laws and busy bodies like you

They are valuable
Like money
So I make them as hard to get as I resaonbly can
Not for the reasons you list

So, you have NO right to dictate what that level should be in my house

Now get the hell out!
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

***Linking these all together to just call a theft a theft is a dishonest argument

lol

Anti gun activists

You seem to be getting tired of getting whooped on here

why dont you just back away?
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Correct.
Hence the storage laws/requirements when transporting them.
If you're complacent enough to leave loaded weapons laying around like last week's newspaper, I'd say you are not a responsible gun owner.

Incidentally, one of my favorite things about my new F250; the locking storage under the rear seats.
;):)

So you have an opinion you would push on others

I say it depends on where you leave it laying around
If it is on my coffee table it is none of your damned business
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

Guns are a favorite target of criminals (in the top three after cash and jewelry), designed to kill and maim even when used properly, easy to conceal, fascinating to children, and even a three year old can fire one. The rules for the safe storage of guns should be appropriately strict.

Knives are also a target of criminals, designed to kill and maim even when used properly, easy to conceal, fascinating to children, and even a three year old can stab themselves with one. The rules for the safe storage of different items of death and injury should be appropriately argued out not biased because you are a liberal anti-gun rights activist.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

rushmc

***Linking these all together to just call a theft a theft is a dishonest argument

lol

Anti gun activists

You call that whooping? No wonder you need a gun lmao

I will back away though, you seem like the guy who would shoot some one in the back.

Anvilbrother

Knives are also a target of criminals, designed to kill and maim even when used properly, easy to conceal, fascinating to children, and even a three year old can stab themselves with one. The rules for the safe storage of different items of death and injury should be appropriately argued out not biased because you are a liberal anti-gun rights activist.

Activist lol.

You and rush certainly like to throw the labels out there. Does that make it easier to google a response?

Guns are much more effective killing tools. If you don't believe me, bring a knife to the next gun fight and let us know how it works out for you.

SkyDekker

lol

Anti gun activists

You call that whooping? No wonder you need a gun lmao

I will back away though, you seem like the guy who would shoot some one in the back.
Ooooo

Well
I do not need a gun
I do have them however

And regarless of your bs statement

Your back is safe
And would even be covered if need be

Slick PA by the way
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

Activist lol.

You and rush certainly like to throw the labels out there. Does that make it easier to google a response?

Guns are much more effective killing tools. If you don't believe me, bring a knife to the next gun fight and let us know how it works out for you.

LOL
So now the "someone cant think for themselves" shot.

Priceless
Abraham Lincoln