2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

kallend

The solution to this recurring problem has been repeated on these forums 100s of times -- more guns for more people. But it just keeps falling on deaf ears. Therefore blame the liberals for mass shootings.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

kallend

I am sure Henry VIII would be good with mass shootings but his daughter Mary preferred other means in that tit for tat in Bloody(or crispy) Old England. ;)

Last time there was a shooting at the theatre thread I tried to brainstorm issues and solutions the only one to join in was normiiss, and he rage quit after I found issues with a couple his solutions.

Liberals exist here only to circlejerk guns, cops, and the GOP. Bring a towel if your going to join in.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Amazon

I am sure Henry VIII would be good with mass shootings but his daughter Mary preferred other means in that tit for tat in Bloody(or crispy) Old England. ;)

As did the colonists in Salem, Mass. and the KKK in the south in the Jim Crow years.

However, none of that is remotely relevant to mass shootings in the 21st Century.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.
  • Like 2

kallend

As did the colonists in Salem, Mass. and the KKK in the south in the Jim Crow years.

However, none of that is remotely relevant to mass shootings in the 21st Century.

I don't think the witches were Catholics were they???

I think black attendance in the south is very high at catholic churches either .... they are more of the Methodist or baptist kind of protestant worshipers:ph34r:
  • Like 1

kallend

if you're so bored why post about it
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

if you're so bored why post about it

Tired of mass shootings. Unlike some here, I don't consider them to be just collateral by-products of the gun culture.

• Like 2

masterblaster72

The solution to this recurring problem has been repeated on these forums 100s of times -- more guns for more people.

Out of curiosity, how many more guns would that be?

Doesn't the US have the highest number of guns per capita on the planet already?
Source; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

If THAT isn't enough, then why do other countries with fewer guns have fewer problems?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Honesty doesn't appear appear to be your forte.

You challenged people for ides while providing none of your own only to then mock the others that did.

Fix the background checks for all guns.
Fix the lack of the insanity database tied to it as well

Yet we will do nothing like always.

Ok, start your attack. Again.

normiss

To be fair, "fix it" isn't a particularly meaningful suggestion. We're not talking about a garage door opener that stopped working. You or rehmwa saying "fix it" doesn't mean anything resembling what quade or mpohl would mean saying the same thing.

quade

***The solution to this recurring problem has been repeated on these forums 100s of times -- more guns for more people.

Out of curiosity, how many more guns would that be?

Doesn't the US have the highest number of guns per capita on the planet already?
Source; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

If THAT isn't enough, then why do other countries with fewer guns have fewer problems?

To be very specific: as many guns for as many people as possible. Only then will mass shootings finally be a thing of the past.

:P

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

normiss

Fix the lack of the insanity database tied to it as well...

Agree with background checks for firearms transfers of any kind, including inheritance, gifts, personal transfers, etc.. Didn't used to agree, but do now ...if only as a compromise. However, I do not agree with keeping records of any type regarding b/g checks, including gun "registry", etc. Check background, approve or deny, destroy record. You want another gun, submit to another check. No need to keep these records because ATF will already have a record of any acquisition (already an illegal defacto "registry").

I think I'd be more fearful of an "insanity database" than the current possibility of a chance encounter with a crazy with a gun.

rushmc

Now two is a mass shooting

soon it will be one:S

Ironically, the story you seem to be bitching about comes from one of your favorite news (or at least one you frequently quote here) sources.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***Now two is a mass shooting

soon it will be one:S

Ironically, the story you seem to be bitching about comes from one of your favorite news (or at least one you frequently quote here) sources.

Now i am bitching:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The article you referenced from "The Blaze" says he shot 4. One dead, three wounded. I think you were only counting dead folks ...2. But one of the dead guys, the perp, was shot by a few cops, so he doesn't count. So, it looks like "mass shooting" probably begins at 4 shot, maybe 3, but not 2. Misses probably don't count, either, although those are technically "shots".

Sorry. You're correct of course.

Address it? Clarify it? Require it on all sales? All transfers?
We must have a psych flag in the process too.

Yes I know this won't stop criminals from obtaining weapons but most of the crazy mass shooting nut bags don't seem to acquire their weapons weapons that way.

normiss

Sorry. You're correct of course.

Address it? Clarify it? Require it on all sales? All transfers?
We must have a psych flag in the process too.

Yes I know this won't stop criminals from obtaining weapons but most of the crazy mass shooting nut bags don't seem to acquire their weapons weapons that way.

Seems facts are not your forte. 3/4 of the guns obtained by most mass shooters are done legally
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map

We've gathered detailed data on more than three decades of cases and mapped them below, including information on the shooters' profiles, the types of weapons they used, and the number of victims they injured and killed. The following analysis covers our original dataset comprised of 62 cases from 1982-2012.

Weapons: Of the 143 guns possessed by the killers, more than three quarters were obtained legally.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Mass shootings are rare

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44126.pdf

The study, “Mass Murder with Firearms: Incidents and Victims, 1999-2013,” defines a “mass shooting” as “a multiple homicide incident in which four or more victims are murdered with firearms, within one event, in one or more locations in close proximity.” Because the underlying circumstances of mass shootings vary widely, the study categorizes such crimes as family-related, felony-related (e.g., robberies and gang shootouts), and those taking place in public locations, such as schools, restaurants and houses of worship.

By CRS’ count, 71 percent of mass shootings and 79 percent of their fatal victims over the 15-year period 1999-2013 were family- or felony-related. Public incidents, while accounting for the vast majority of mass shootings covered by the news media, accounted for only 21 percent of such incidents and 29 percent of their victims.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150807/mass-shootings-rare-government-study-says
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Mass shootings are rare

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44126.pdf

The study, “Mass Murder with Firearms: Incidents and Victims, 1999-2013,” defines a “mass shooting” as “a multiple homicide incident in which four or more victims are murdered with firearms, within one event, in one or more locations in close proximity.” Because the underlying circumstances of mass shootings vary widely, the study categorizes such crimes as family-related, felony-related (e.g., robberies and gang shootouts), and those taking place in public locations, such as schools, restaurants and houses of worship.

By CRS’ count, 71 percent of mass shootings and 79 percent of their fatal victims over the 15-year period 1999-2013 were family- or felony-related. Public incidents, while accounting for the vast majority of mass shootings covered by the news media, accounted for only 21 percent of such incidents and 29 percent of their victims.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150807/mass-shootings-rare-government-study-says

Well, if you exclude from "mass SHOOTINGS" all shootings that don't result in murder, then you are deluding yourself and your readers. Apparently shootings that only result in serious injury aren't shootings at all according to the NRA.

(You did notice, I'm sure, that the NRA conveniently re-worded the report from "mass murder" to "mass shootings" while pretending that the data were the exact same thing.)

• Like 1