rushmc

Another Weapons Free Zone Exploited

kallend

"Only Thing That Stops A Bad Guy With A Hatchet Is A Good Guy With A Hatchet"; National Axe Association.

So now we need more air soft laws and axe laws.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what happens when the only people that have guns legally are police, and then illegally owned by criminals?

Where does that leave everyone else?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

*** "Only Thing That Stops A Bad Guy With A Hatchet Is A Good Guy With A Hatchet"; National Axe Association.

So now we need more air soft laws and axe laws.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what happens when the only people that have guns legally are police, and then illegally owned by criminals?

Where does that leave everyone else?

I suppose it leaves people regretting that the Second Amendment, which fairly recently received renewed deference from the Supreme Court, has been repealed.
Which it hasn't.
Which is why your question is a slippery-slope strawman that contributes nothing to the discussion of reality.

I'll just bet that if only cops and criminals had guns, the gun death rate would go down significantly. Because accidental shootings would go down, and "I'm drunk and pissed" killings by otherwise law abiding people would go down.
Criminal-caused death would go up, but I'll just bet they'd go up way less than the others would drop it. Look at the death rates in most other industrialized countries.
However, that's all guesswork, but it's probably as accurate as anyone else's guesswork.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I'll just bet that if only cops and criminals had guns, the gun death rate would go down significantly. Because accidental shootings would go down, and "I'm drunk and pissed" killings by otherwise law abiding people would go down.
Criminal-caused death would go up, but I'll just bet they'd go up way less than the others would drop it. Look at the death rates in most other industrialized countries.
However, that's all guesswork, but it's probably as accurate as anyone else's guesswork.

Wendy P.

one side affect of that would be that the police would have to become even more militarized than they are now.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>one side affect of that would be that the police would have to become even
>more militarized than they are now.

No, they would not have to deal with as much firearm violence - thus their jobs would move from armed response to de-escalation.

turtlespeed

***I'll just bet that if only cops and criminals had guns, the gun death rate would go down significantly. Because accidental shootings would go down, and "I'm drunk and pissed" killings by otherwise law abiding people would go down.

Wendy P.

one side affect of that would be that the police would have to become even more militarized than they are now.

Like in Australia, New Zealand, Britain, Ireland, France, Canada, Japan, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Denmark, etc. where police killings of civilians are far higher than in the USA.

Oh, wait, they're far lower. Scratch that theory.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******I'll just bet that if only cops and criminals had guns, the gun death rate would go down significantly. Because accidental shootings would go down, and "I'm drunk and pissed" killings by otherwise law abiding people would go down.

Wendy P.

Like in Australia, New Zealand, Britain, Ireland, France, Canada, Japan, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Denmark, etc. where police killings of civilians are far higher than in the USA.

How many firearms did they have at the time of the banning?

wmw999

So your contention is that it's cheaper and better to wait for problems to develop and solve them one at a time?

I guess you weren't in favor of mistake-proofing during your black belt training either.

Wendy P.

Not related at all

Point is

No matter what you do you will never have that utopia that you dream of.

”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.”

You are not talking about mistake proofing

Far from it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

turtlespeed

*********I'll just bet that if only cops and criminals had guns, the gun death rate would go down significantly. Because accidental shootings would go down, and "I'm drunk and pissed" killings by otherwise law abiding people would go down.

Wendy P.

How many firearms did they have at the time of the banning?

Non sequitur. Has nothing to do with militarization of US police.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.