mpohl

Hitchbot

Outstanding post.

I just don't get mpohl. Yes, he's lived in the US for a number of years, yet he doesn't seem to appreciate it like we do. I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't like our laws/politics? GTFO.

/mic drop
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

If his posts were to drop unnoticed like the turds they are dropping into the toilet, he'd probably show up even less often.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

If his posts were to drop unnoticed like the turds they are dropping into the toilet, he'd probably show up even less often.

Wendy P.

Yep. By far the best way to get rid of a troll is to never post a response to his posts. Unfortunately, there are people not wired that way. :D:S
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

BIGUN

Not sure what the US did to you or if you've even lived here; whereas I lived there for three years.

At that time (mid-70s), your WWII Veterans were in their 50's

I lived in a beautiful area called Nuebrucke in the Saarbrucken region.

Under the threat of being annihilated by nuclear war within ten minutes and having ten minutes to fire our nuclear weapons in retribution for killing the German people.

While there, I traveled a lot. Learned to speak fluent German not only from classes, but from wonderful German strangers that would help correct my grammar.

Once while touring Idar-Oberstein, I was looking in one of the jewelry stores on a street with a string of jewelry stores. I was staring at the most beautiful blue teardrop sapphire surrounded by diamonds for the longest time. The owner came out... I think more to see if I was casing the joint, but after a few minutes realized I was just a young American soldier enthralled with all I could see and take in while there. He wound up giving me a whole history lesson on the town that went back to his grandfather's days. He brought me in the store and talked to me for a good two hours and I always admired the man for that and can still see his face to this day.

I loved the numerous volksmarches that I went on with the Germans. Everyone friendly, courteous and helpful. As I traveled through Germany, I can say most had kind eyes and yes; there were those that scowled at me.

I came home and began dating a high school German teacher (we only spoke German with each other). After about four months of telling her about Germany, the places, the people - she broke up with me and I asked her if I had offended her in some way or if it just wasn't the magic she was looking for... she explained that the magic was in motivating her. As a high school German teacher, she was frustrated that my fluency in German was better than hers and that she was taking a sabbatical to go live in Germany and teach for a year. She never came back.

Given that your country is about the size of our Washington & Oregon states geographically combined; our problems will seem more amplified.

In the end, I can tell you that your hate of the US is directly proportional to my love of Germany and its people.

EDIT: Spelling errors.

Like!!!

wmw999

Wendy P.

There are at least five other posters you could say the same about in SC, some of whom have been posting for much longer than mpohl. They continue to linger because people just can't hold themselves back from responding to and trying to reason with stupidity.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

BIGUN

Not sure what the US did to you or if you've even lived here; whereas I lived there for three years.

At that time (mid-70s), your WWII Veterans were in their 50's

I lived in a beautiful area called Nuebrucke in the Saarbrucken region.

Under the threat of being annihilated by nuclear war within ten minutes and having ten minutes to fire our nuclear weapons in retribution for killing the German people.

While there, I traveled a lot. Learned to speak fluent German not only from classes, but from wonderful German strangers that would help correct my grammar.

Once while touring Idar-Oberstein, I was looking in one of the jewelry stores on a street with a string of jewelry stores. I was staring at the most beautiful blue teardrop sapphire surrounded by diamonds for the longest time. The owner came out... I think more to see if I was casing the joint, but after a few minutes realized I was just a young American soldier enthralled with all I could see and take in while there. He wound up giving me a whole history lesson on the town that went back to his grandfather's days. He brought me in the store and talked to me for a good two hours and I always admired the man for that and can still see his face to this day.

I loved the numerous volksmarches that I went on with the Germans. Everyone friendly, courteous and helpful. As I traveled through Germany, I can say most had kind eyes and yes; there were those that scowled at me.

I came home and began dating a high school German teacher (we only spoke German with each other). After about four months of telling her about Germany, the places, the people - she broke up with me and I asked her if I had offended her in some way or if it just wasn't the magic she was looking for... she explained that the magic was in motivating her. As a high school German teacher, she was frustrated that my fluency in German was better than hers and that she was taking a sabbatical to go live in Germany and teach for a year. She never came back.

Given that your country is about the size of our Washington & Oregon states geographically combined; our problems will seem more amplified.

In the end, I can tell you that your hate of the US is directly proportional to my love of Germany and its people.

EDIT: Spelling errors.

You went completely un-Godwin with this post. You don't belong here.

Prost :D

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.