mpohl

Hitchbot

Sorry statement about the US.

You can just flush the US down the drain and the world would be a better place.

"HitchBOT has been around the world, including trips across the entirety of Canada and Germany without major incident. But America is clearly a hard land for our robot brothers and sisters."

muff528

If it wasn't for the US, you guys would all be speaking German today.

DING DING DING

And ATC communications world-wide wouldn't be in ENGLISH either.

Choke on that. :P
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

SkyDekker

***If it wasn't for the US, you guys would all be speaking German today.

If it wasn't for Europeans, you would be sleeping in a tent, sticking feathers in your hair.

I don't think they have the DNA profile for that.... and even a hell of a lot of people claiming First Nations status do not have the DNA profile either with a preponderance of European DNA or Sub-Saharan DNA with interesting mixtures of that in their family lines as well.

SkyDekker

If it wasn't for Europeans, you would be sleeping in a tent, sticking feathers in your hair.

you mean more so?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

SkyDekker

You mean instead of the indigenous peoples of the American continents having been subjected to genocide? Seems like a pretty good deal.

muff528

I think Mpohl already speaks German. Mostly self serving diatribes fitting exaggerated cliches of stereotypes and overgeneralizations - in German.

but....probably German

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

muff528

A hilarious response to a DZ.com poster from Germany - very tongue-in-cheek humour.

Good one. ;)

(Presuming of course, you actually were making a light-hearted joke)

aphid

A hilarious response to a DZ.com poster from Germany - very tongue-in-cheek humour.

Good one. ;)

(Presuming of course, you actually were making a light-hearted joke)

;)

rehmwa

******If it wasn't for the US, you guys would all be speaking German today.

you mean more so?

Well, I don't mind sleeping in a tent ...as long as it has a shower and facilities.

Not sure what the US did to you or if you've even lived here; whereas I lived there for three years.

At that time (mid-70s), your WWII Veterans were in their 50's

I lived in a beautiful area called Nuebrucke in the Saarbrucken region.

Under the threat of being annihilated by nuclear war within ten minutes and having ten minutes to fire our nuclear weapons in retribution for killing the German people.

While there, I traveled a lot. Learned to speak fluent German not only from classes, but from wonderful German strangers that would help correct my grammar.

Once while touring Idar-Oberstein, I was looking in one of the jewelry stores on a street with a string of jewelry stores. I was staring at the most beautiful blue teardrop sapphire surrounded by diamonds for the longest time. The owner came out... I think more to see if I was casing the joint, but after a few minutes realized I was just a young American soldier enthralled with all I could see and take in while there. He wound up giving me a whole history lesson on the town that went back to his grandfather's days. He brought me in the store and talked to me for a good two hours and I always admired the man for that and can still see his face to this day.

I loved the numerous volksmarches that I went on with the Germans. Everyone friendly, courteous and helpful. As I traveled through Germany, I can say most had kind eyes and yes; there were those that scowled at me.

I came home and began dating a high school German teacher (we only spoke German with each other). After about four months of telling her about Germany, the places, the people - she broke up with me and I asked her if I had offended her in some way or if it just wasn't the magic she was looking for... she explained that the magic was in motivating her. As a high school German teacher, she was frustrated that my fluency in German was better than hers and that she was taking a sabbatical to go live in Germany and teach for a year. She never came back.

Given that your country is about the size of our Washington & Oregon states geographically combined; our problems will seem more amplified.

In the end, I can tell you that your hate of the US is directly proportional to my love of Germany and its people.

EDIT: Spelling errors.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.