lawrocket

Which Has a Greater Chance of Death?

wolfriverjoe

***Look into the details of both vehicles, the time of day, the actions of the drivers and the way there were driving and the sounds they were making along with the fact that the cops who shot were staged protecting a house where a cop at risk lived.

I doubt the fact that both vehicles at night are about the same as far as looks. The persons driving were delivering papers driving slow starting and stopping, and throwing papers which make a popping sound when they hit the ground. The cops thought it was dorner shooting at them guarding a cops house.

Yea sounds exactly like an execution for scratching a vehicle doesn't it :S

You have got to be kidding. A newspaper hitting the ground being mistaken for a gunshot?!?

Different brand of pickup, different color, different plate. 2 occupants instead of one.

But because the suspect had made it clear that he was willing to kill cops, those guys panicked to the point that they opened fire on an innocent pair of women.

They completely failed to properly identify their target before opening fire.

If a civilian had shot someone under similar circumstances, they would be arrested, charged and more than likely convicted of Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Attempted Murder, Negligent Discharge of a Firearm, and whatever else the DA could think of.

Your right but remember we are not talking about that. He stated cops shot at a random vehicle acting like they were just out target shooting. In context it is a different story hence NO CHARGES. Did Eric holder find anything? . He was also equating this incident to someone getting shot over a case where a vehicle was scratched which are TWO totally different cases. My incident did not show up on every news channel for a week the one he tried to use as an example did. That is what i am saying, not defending the actions, just showing with some context and details ther indents are different as to why you see different actins by the humans making the decisions.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

billvon

***Know your rights, but also remember that the most important two are the right to remain silent and to an attorney.

That's true, and is also true of people dealing with criminals. We can similarly divide criminals into three types:

Those who won't harm you in any case (they'll just run if things go awry)
Those who won't try to kill you unless you threaten them
Those who will kill you anyway (not very common)

So you can have two potential outcomes:

Fully compliant homeowner: Only killed by one small group.
Resistant homeowner: Killed by two of the groups.

Except for the fact that they're criminals so have no initial expectation of professionalism and integrity.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

billvon

>Except for the fact that they're criminals so have no initial expectation of
>professionalism and integrity.

Right. But the potential outcomes are the same. Want to maximize your chances of not being shot? Obey and comply.

Except in the scenario with the criminal, shooting first is a much better option than shooting a cop first.

With a cop, they could be bad/dirty. With a criminal, you already know they are.

Agree to complying with a criminal's demands, if victim is unarmed.
If armed, that's an entirely different situation.

Trying to understand what anyone who thinks the police "are out to get them" are trying to accomplish by resisting arrest if they haven't committed a serious/violent offense.

If one believes the police will beat them or kill them, why would you give them even the slightest of reason? Best case scenario if you manage to overtake and subdue the officer, you're now wanted for assault on a LEO and escape. If you fail then they subdue, beat and or kill you.

skypuppy

******Sorry, I'm late here.

What are the poll choices?

Death by swooping?
vs
Death by Snu-Snu?

I think the number of death by cop in any one year far exceeds ALL DEATHS by skydivers/base jumpers in ANY discipline...

Judge Dread LIVES at your local cop shop[:/]

Hyperbole much?

How many people have been shot by cops this year????? How about last year...

THAT is not hyperbole Officer

Want a donut yet???? Come on.... you need a dozen crispy cremes

skypuppy

Judge Dread LIVES at your local cop shop

I repeat, hyperbole much???

What is the tally killed by cops this year... ???

I guess other civilized countries value their citizens more and actually protect and serve.... or do they just have less murderous tendencies... or..... less tendency to be fucking needledick control freaks who get stiffies from getting compliance.>:(

Anvilbrother

Look into the details of both vehicles, the time of day, the actions of the drivers and the way there were driving and the sounds they were making along with the fact that the cops who shot were staged protecting a house where a cop at risk lived.

I doubt the fact that both vehicles at night are about the same as far as looks. The persons driving were delivering papers driving slow starting and stopping, and throwing papers which make a popping sound when they hit the ground. The cops thought it was dorner shooting at them guarding a cops house.

I'm amazed at just how desperate you are not to back down on this one. It was at night? Ok, so they had no idea if the vehicle matched the description or not, they just knew it was an SUV (the most popular car type in the US by a country mile, AFAIK) so they started shooting at it. Completely random shooting by cops too scared or gung oh or both to give a shit about the safety of anyone but themselves.

(I'm not even going to address the 'newspapers sounded like gunshots' excuse because you have to know that's fucking bullshit)

Yea sounds exactly like an execution for scratching a vehicle doesn't it :S

No, which you know isn't the point. It sounds like coming too close to the wrong boys in blue at the wrong time and paying the consequences.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Anvilbrother

Your right but remember we are not talking about that. He stated cops shot at a random vehicle acting like they were just out target shooting.

They did. They had absolutely no idea who's car it was and no reason to think it was Dorner's. Therefore, completely random.

He was also equating this incident to someone getting shot over a case where a vehicle was scratched which are TWO totally different cases. My incident did not show up on every news channel for a week the one he tried to use as an example did.

First, I am not equating the incidents, and I have no idea why you continue to say that apart from making it easier for you to ignore the point if you pretend you don't understand it.

Second, why do high profile police fuck ups not count? Are we only allowed to use examples that didn't make the news? Why on earth is that?

That is what i am saying, not defending the actions,

Haha, bullshit.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Amazon

***Judge Dread LIVES at your local cop shop

What is the tally killed by cops this year... do you guys keep score???

how many local cop shops are there in America? do you keep count?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

******Judge Dread LIVES at your local cop shop

One report I read said something on the order of seventeen thousand cop shops.. but amazingly.... they were so embarrassed by the numbers of killings by cops back in the 80's they decided to no longer keep track.... because it showed glaringly that protecting and serving was not what they were doing...

Here let me help with that....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/09/08/how-many-police-shootings-a-year-no-one-knows/

Criminal justice experts note that, while the federal government and national research groups keep scads of data and statistics— on topics ranging from how many people were victims of unprovoked shark attacks (53 in 2013) to the number of hogs and pigs living on farms in the U.S. (upwards of 64,000,000 according to 2010 numbers) — there is no reliable national data on how many people are shot by police officers each year.

The government does, however, keep a database of how many officers are killed in the line of duty. In 2012, the most recent year for which FBI data is available, it was 48 – 44 of them killed with firearms.

But how many people in the United States were shot, or killed, by law enforcement officers during that year? No one knows.

Officials with the Justice Department keep no comprehensive database or record of police shootings, instead allowing the nation’s more than 17,000 law enforcement agencies to self-report officer-involved shootings as part of the FBI’s annual data on “justifiable homicides” by law enforcement.

That number – which only includes self-reported information from about 750 law enforcement agencies – hovers around 400 “justifiable homicides” by police officers each year. The DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics also tracks “arrest-related deaths.” But the department stopped releasing those numbers after 2009, because, like the FBI data, they were widely regarded as unreliable.

The silence Officer is DEAFEANING

Have a donut

Amazon

*********Judge Dread LIVES at your local cop shop

One report I read said something on the order of seventeen thousand cop shops.. but amazingly.... they were so embarrassed by the numbers of killings by cops back in the 80's they decided to no longer keep track.... because it showed glaringly that protecting and serving was not what they were doing...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/09/08/how-many-police-shootings-a-year-no-one-knows/

Criminal justice experts note that, while the federal government and national research groups keep scads of data and statistics— on topics ranging from how many people were victims of unprovoked shark attacks (53 in 2013) to the number of hogs and pigs living on farms in the U.S. (upwards of 64,000,000 according to 2010 numbers) — there is no reliable national data on how many people are shot by police officers each year.

The government does, however, keep a database of how many officers are killed in the line of duty. In 2012, the most recent year for which FBI data is available, it was 48 – 44 of them killed with firearms.

But how many people in the United States were shot, or killed, by law enforcement officers during that year? No one knows.

Officials with the Justice Department keep no comprehensive database or record of police shootings, instead allowing the nation’s more than 17,000 law enforcement agencies to self-report officer-involved shootings as part of the FBI’s annual data on “justifiable homicides” by law enforcement.

That number – which only includes self-reported information from about 750 law enforcement agencies – hovers around 400 “justifiable homicides” by police officers each year. The DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics also tracks “arrest-related deaths.” But the department stopped releasing those numbers after 2009, because, like the FBI data, they were widely regarded as unreliable.

Have a donut

So by your own source, there's 17 thousand agencies. But many of those agencies will have multiple local cop shops. And you are reporting there are 400 justifiable shootings each year. So 400 justifiable shootings, divided between more 17000 cop shops, and you say "Judge Dread lives at your local cop shop."?

hyperbole much?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

************Judge Dread LIVES at your local cop shop

Have a donut

So by your own source, there's 17 thousand agencies. But many of those agencies will have multiple local cop shops. And you are reporting there are 400 justifiable shootings each year. So 400 justifiable shootings, divided between more 17000 cop shops, and you say "Judge Dread lives at your local cop shop."?

hyperbole much?

READING is FUNdamental..... Polly wanna donut????