lawrocket

Which Has a Greater Chance of Death?

I got to thinking about this. Seems like cops are killing more people than skydiving is. And it seems that there are plenty of people who would never think of skydiving who will fuck around with cops.

Even more so, a person can do nothing wrong and still get killed by either a cop or a skydive. My issue is what is says about all involved. One side playing with fire. The other side being a bit too explosive.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

I got to thinking about this. Seems like cops are killing more people than skydiving is. And it seems that there are plenty of people who would never think of skydiving who will fuck around with cops.

Even more so, a person can do nothing wrong and still get killed by either a cop or a skydive. My issue is what is says about all involved. One side playing with fire. The other side being a bit too explosive.

Driving while white used to be pretty safe.... nowadays... not so sure..... hands out the window and up on a traffic stop..... Hands up don't shoot.

Amazon

***I got to thinking about this. Seems like cops are killing more people than skydiving is. And it seems that there are plenty of people who would never think of skydiving who will fuck around with cops.

Driving while white used to be pretty safe.... nowadays... not so sure..... hands out the window and up on a traffic stop..... Hands up don't shoot.

Could you be anymore overly dramatic?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

******I got to thinking about this. Seems like cops are killing more people than skydiving is. And it seems that there are plenty of people who would never think of skydiving who will fuck around with cops.

Could you be anymore overly dramatic?

I wonder how long it will be.... before you get to experience a bad cop... and your mind has a shift to a reality based world view.

Bammmp. I have been pulled over and had my rights read to me over fitting another vehicle description. He pulled me over infront of my towns largest restataunt on a Sunday while basically everyone who is anyone was eating to see. I did what he said, and when it was all well and done I went on my way because I wasn't drinking, did not have a suspended license or try to drive away. Funny how that works isn't it.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

lawrocket

Most skydives happen while not under the influence of drugs/alcohol. Not sure the same thing can be said for police interactions. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Andy9o8

I've interviewed all 4 black skydivers in the world, and they agree that the average white guy is more more likely to get killed skydiving than the average black guy.

Well, being that one of those 4 was killed recently, that puts the percentage at 25% doesn't it?
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Anvilbrother

Bammmp. I have been pulled over and had my rights read to me over fitting another vehicle description. He pulled me over infront of my towns largest restataunt on a Sunday while basically everyone who is anyone was eating to see. I did what he said, and when it was all well and done I went on my way because I wasn't drinking, did not have a suspended license or try to drive away. Funny how that works isn't it.

So..... you run into one with professionalism and not having a bad day OR the opposite of that happens in a different locality where they do not know you and have a bully in blue with a twitchy trigger finger who "Fears for his life"

So..... you run into one with professionalism and not having a bad day OR the opposite of that happens in a different locality where they do not know you

Let me break it down for you.

A womans car gets the shit scratched out of it at a walmart parkinglot after an altercation she gets the vehicle description and plate and calls it in telling them what happened and that the vehicle drove away.

I am driving around and get pulled over out of the blue into said parkinglot. He pulls me over and immediately reads me my rights and starts questioning me. He states that I was the one who did this because of the plates and vehicle match the witness description. He then issues me a misdemeanor summons and has me put my thumb print on the paper. The whole time I continue to tell him it was not me. His supervisor pulls up and starts asking questions and finally figures out the name on the plates does not match my name....

Come to find out some guy in another parish(for reasons I was never told) had switched the plates on my and his vehicle, and after reviewing the walmart footage it clearly shows it was him and not me, and they sent the LPSO to go over to his house and figure out what was going on.

So I was detained, and charged for a crime that I did not even commit because the deputy that pulled me over wasnt professional enough to look at the name on the plate, registration, and insurance and realize that it was not the same person OR VIN number. Before they tore the summons up the supervisor dismissed the deputy from the scene and apologized about the confusion. I can assure you he was having a bad day after that. I did not personally know anyone of them so I wasn't getting any preferential treatment.

I patiently await the next strawman of me being white is why this went down the way it did, or some other ignorant excuse.

Anvilbrother

So..... you run into one with professionalism and not having a bad day OR the opposite of that happens in a different locality where they do not know you

Let me break it down for you.

A womans car gets the shit scratched out of it at a walmart parkinglot after an altercation she gets the vehicle description and plate and calls it in telling them what happened and that the vehicle drove away.

I am driving around and get pulled over out of the blue into said parkinglot. He pulls me over and immediately reads me my rights and starts questioning me. He states that I was the one who did this because of the plates and vehicle match the witness description. He then issues me a misdemeanor summons and has me put my thumb print on the paper. The whole time I continue to tell him it was not me. His supervisor pulls up and starts asking questions and finally figures out the name on the plates does not match my name....

Come to find out some guy in another parish(for reasons I was never told) had switched the plates on my and his vehicle, and after reviewing the walmart footage it clearly shows it was him and not me, and they sent the LPSO to go over to his house and figure out what was going on.

So I was detained, and charged for a crime that I did not even commit because the deputy that pulled me over wasnt professional enough to look at the name on the plate, registration, and insurance and realize that it was not the same person OR VIN number. Before they tore the summons up the supervisor dismissed the deputy from the scene and apologized about the confusion. I can assure you he was having a bad day after that. I did not personally know anyone of them so I wasn't getting any preferential treatment.

I patiently await the next strawman of me being white is why this went down the way it did, or some other ignorant excuse.

That whole thing sounds like goat poo to me

Anvilbrother

Lucky you. In LA last year 2 women and one man got ventilated with no warning when police mistook their vehicles for a completely different type, colour and plate. No officers faced any charges.

Funny how that works, isn't it?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee already posted the wikipedia link, but here are a couple news stories about it from googling. These were about a mile from my house.

One man:
http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news/20140724/torrance-to-pay-18-million-to-settle-surfer-david-perdues-lawsuit-in-mistaken-christopher-dorner-shooting

Two women:
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/LAPD-Rogue-Ex-Officer-Christopher-Dorner-Deadly-Force-Newspaper-Women-Delivery-Torrance-Shooting-243564431.html

/edited: sorry, fixed links and a copy/paste error

Ahh yea your talking about the three unfortunate non fatal injuries cops did in fact do while they were on a manhunt for a guy who killed 4 and injured 3 others including a cops daughter.

Yeah that is a totally different context than me getting shot after being misidentified as the persons who scratched a vehicle.....:S

That's why you did not mention it in the first place.

Anvilbrother

Ahh yea your talking about the three unfortunate non fatal injuries cops did in fact do while they were on a manhunt for a guy who killed 4 and injured 3 others including a cops daughter.

Yeah that is a totally different context than me getting shot after being misidentified as the persons who scratched a vehicle.....:S

That's why you did not mention it in the first place.

Yea thank God the cops couldn't shoot for shit or they would have been fatalities. Matching make model and color of a vehicle is not important, it's a truck shoot it. Thats LAPD for you.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Yes and his argument comparing someone getting shot at because of mis-identity in a vehicle scratch case v.s. mistaken identity in a multi-murder-multi state manhunt case is the same right. :S

Look I get the fact that cops should not shoot until the last resort to save a life or their own after exhausting all other options including not putting yourself in a corner to begin with.

As long as others acknowledge the fact that;
Cops are human
Humans occasionally make mistakes
You cant realistically change either of the above.

Anvilbrother

Yes and his argument comparing someone getting shot at because of mis-identity in a vehicle scratch case v.s. mistaken identity in a multi-murder-multi state manhunt case is the same right. :S

Look I get the fact that cops should not shoot until the last resort to save a life or their own after exhausting all other options including not putting yourself in a corner to begin with.

As long as others acknowledge the fact that;
Cops are human
Humans occasionally make mistakes
You cant realistically change either of the above.

I would not consider either of those shooting mistakes. I would consider criminal charges for the officers involved. And at the very least a lot of range time to learn how to hit the target. But in these instances it's a good thing they shoot like shit.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Andy9o8

I've interviewed all 4 black skydivers in the world, and they agree that the average white guy is more more likely to get killed skydiving than the average black guy.

Black men can't jump
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Anvilbrother

The context is that they did exactly the same thing as you, that is to say absolutely fucking nothing, and they didn't even get a chance to be polite in their interactions with the cops because they simply opened fire on sight.

The context is that your one anecdote of how being nice to cops means you'll be treated right means absolutely sweet FA in the grand scheme of things.

The context is that despite trying their utmost to kill three innocent people in what is at it's very best a case of gross negligence the cops faced only internal disciplinary action, the specifics of which weren't even made public.

The context is that the thread was started to ask whether getting stopped by cops is a crapshoot, not about your one individual stop.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Bammp!

Context from my arguement.
Someone gets shot over a case of a scratched vehicle

Context from your arguement
Someone gets shot in a multi state manhunt for a guy who murdered multiple people and vowed to continue on a murder spree.

If you can't see the difference in the two atmospheres that lead to the second shooting it says a lot about yourself and your openness to discussion.

back to the original topic now.