JerryBaumchen

Judge fines Greenpeace $2,500/hour

From 11 a.m. July 30 to 11 a.m. July 31: $2,500 for each full hour in contempt.
From 11 a.m. July 31 to 11 a.m. Aug. 1: $5,000 for each full hour in contempt.
From 11 a.m. Aug. 1 to 11 a.m. Aug. 2: $7,500 for each full hour in contempt.
After 11 a.m. Aug. 2: $10,000 for each full hour in contempt

That's awesome.

The ship is through the bridge. Some of the people hanging off of nylon ropes in nylon tents and slings and people in their petroleum based kayaks, that were taken there by SUVS and carbureted engines were removed and pushed out of the way by police boats.

So the net effect was a ship was idling for a day before it set sail. Putting more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. And tonight they'll load their kayaks back on to the gas guzzling, go to their air conditioned flats, put am animal carcass on the barbecue, and chow down on prostate washed plates with smug satisfaction over the circle jerk in which they just participated.

And then one of them, in thirty years, can share some legal cannabis with one of his 24 grandchildren from six children in the name of population control about the time he helped delay and icebreaker for a couple of hours and bragged about it on Twitter.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

BartsDaddy

You about summed it up Lawrocket

at the bar b que (meat or veggie).....they will brag about keeping the atmosphere clean whilst smoking cigarettes

prostate washed plates?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

DiverMike

prostate washed plates

I followed you up to that point. Did your autocorrect change 'phosphate'?

He is posting via iPhone though. Not the first autocorrect from him and it won't be the last. :D
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

lawrocket

prostate washed plates

Yes it did.

it's better as it is

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

prostate washed plates

Yes it did.

it's better as it is

I think so too. :D

If there's an activist group I detest the most, it's either PETA or Greenpeace. They are the most annoying bunch of stupid motherfuckers on earth. Not for their message, but for how they get that message across. Fuck 'em. Westboro Baptist may be more offensive though...

Driver1

prostate washed plates

Yes it did.

it's better as it is

I think so too. :D

If there's an activist group I detest the most, it's either PETA or Greenpeace. They are the most annoying bunch of stupid motherfuckers on earth. Not for their message, but for how they get that message across. Fuck 'em. Westboro Baptist may be more offensive though...

Hey now... I have been a lifelong member of PETAB|

People Eating Tasty Animals

I wonder if he will figure it out ;)

If there's an activist group I detest the most, it's either PETA or Greenpeace. They are the most annoying bunch of stupid motherfuckers on earth. Not for their message, but for how they get that message across. Fuck 'em

I feel the same way 100%!!

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

JerryBaumchen

Hi folks,

This Greenpeace protest is now into its 2nd day:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/07/judge_fines_greenpeace_2500_fo.html

Jerry Baumchen

the problem I have with this, is the individuals should be fined as well. Not some anonymous organization, but the people carrying it out as well.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

***Hi folks,

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/07/judge_fines_greenpeace_2500_fo.html

Jerry Baumchen

the problem I have with this, is the individuals should be fined as well. Not some anonymous organization, but the people carrying it out as well.

Yep. Fine them EACH... That'll nip that bullshit right there and then. :|

Anvilbrother

If there's an activist group I detest the most, it's either PETA or Greenpeace. They are the most annoying bunch of stupid motherfuckers on earth. Not for their message, but for how they get that message across. Fuck 'em

I feel the same way 100%!!

A couple of years ago, the 9th Circuit held that the Sea Shepherd Foundation practices outright piracy.

"When you ram ships; hurl glass containers of acid; drag metal-reinforced ropes in the water to damage propellers and rudders; launch smoke bombs and flares with hooks; and point high-powered lasers at other ships, you are, without a doubt, a pirate, no matter how high-minded you believe your purpose to be."

I think the very start part points out my biggest issue. It's the high minded attitude. The holier than thou. It being sanctimonious. There is a good reason to ignore the laws. The rules.

So you want to get to the hospital because your son was just injured by a drunk driver? No. The bridge is closed because nothing is more important than hanging off this bridge to stop a ship. Throwing glass bottles of acid at people? Well, for the right reason ND by any means necessary.

What does it require to get in a plastic kayak and get in the way of a large vessel to prevent it from leaving a port? The ability to justify all the petroleum that you use as being for a good reason.

And the knowledge and comfort that the ship will follow the rules and not run right through you. No, by no means will you put yourself in that position if you think that the other guy will not follow rules.

skypuppy

***Hi folks,

Jerry Baumchen

The individuals aren't named on the order. So cannot be held in contempt for violating the order.

But they can be sued later on.

Hi skypuppy,

is the individuals should be fined as well

None of the people hanging from the bridge were detained or arrested.

The guy who U-locked his neck to the railroad bridge was lead away in hand cuffs. As were some of the kayakers who went into the water to stop the ship as it began approaching the bridge after the authorities removed the three hangers so that they had a 'channel' for the ship to get through.

Jerry Baumchen

I don't wish our governemnt to go around charging people for little bs things. I know I have been impacted twice by the government for little petty licensing hassles that were life altering encounters over stupid bureaucracy. But if you act like a little bitch and cause some company to give up probably tens of thousands of dollars because you don't like their legal enterprise you probably deserve a little touch of the cost too.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Hi Anvil,

little bs things

From this evenings news:

- Two people were arrested. The guy who padlocked himself to the railroad bridge and one kayaker who attacked the LEO's who were trying to move him out of the way.

- 13 kayakers have been cited for blocking a waterway

- And the Coast Guard & DOJ are considering charges against the 13 people who were hanging from the bridge

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Anvil,

little bs things

From this evenings news:

- Two people were arrested. The guy who padlocked himself to the railroad bridge and one kayaker who attacked the LEO's who were trying to move him out of the way.

- 13 kayakers have been cited for blocking a waterway

- And the Coast Guard & DOJ are considering charges against the 13 people who were hanging from the bridge

Jerry Baumchen

good. I hope they get charged.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Hi skypuppy,

I hope they get charged.

My son is an attorney with a corporate law firm in Portland; they have 40-45 lawyers on staff.

He is going to ask the managing partners if he can defend some of these people pro bono.

He has 6 yrs experience as a prosecutor / criminal defense attorney. There are a number of other lawyers at his firm wanting to also do a pro bono defense; but since they have no courtroom experience, they are asking him if he will brief/assist them if & when they go to court.

I did raise him to think for himself.

Jerry Baumchen