yoink

US dentist 'regrets' killing lion...

turtlespeed

>>>>This guy contributes big dollars to poor economies in order to do this hunt.
That only matters when it benefits their argument. Otherwise, the detest it.

>>>>And when they have killed them all, then what? Just too bad?
Then they kill something else

>>>>Those who are poor will do almost anything for money, without any regard for the long term impacts.
Then give them your money and they won't be poor anymore.

Another troll post.

DanG

Animals do not have rights

Of course they do. Don't be silly.

WE have a certain ethical responsibility in how we treat animals though. it's not animal rights, it's more about us and our expectations of our own behavior

WE have a certain ethical responsibility in how we treat other humans though. pretty much the definition of rights. it's about an expectation from others on how their lives should be respected

the parallel is VERY close though

so it really comes down to a subjective semantic discussion.

or a degree of how one anthropomorphizes animals (which I find silly, and actually a bit damaging really, and sometimes outright stupid)

so it's a moot point at best, or a contrived conflict point at worse

so if someone wants to call it "animal rights", I understand what they mean. unless they are a nutjob that prioritizes another species over their own, then they are trying to twist a term in order to make a parallel that I don't agree with one bit

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Call it what you will. I don't care.

I agree that we have a duty (both legal and ethical) to treat animals well. Differnt people, and different localities, have different definitions of what "well" entails. Some people think that humans should be able to do anything they want to animals. I think those peeople are psychopaths. Other people think we should treat animals better than people. I think those people are crazy.

- Dan G

DanG

Call it what you will. I don't care.

I agree that we have a duty (both legal and ethical) to treat animals well. Differnt people, and different localities, have different definitions of what "well" entails. Some people think that humans should be able to do anything they want to animals. I think those peeople are psychopaths. Other people think we should treat animals better than people. I think those people are crazy.

well crap - I pretty much align with this whole post and have nothing witty or snarky to add

sorry

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

SkyDekker

***>>>>This guy contributes big dollars to poor economies in order to do this hunt.
That only matters when it benefits their argument. Otherwise, the detest it.

>>>>And when they have killed them all, then what? Just too bad?
Then they kill something else

>>>>Those who are poor will do almost anything for money, without any regard for the long term impacts.
Then give them your money and they won't be poor anymore.

Another troll post.

Not at all.
All three of my responses are true statements.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rehmwa

***Call it what you will. I don't care.

well crap - I pretty much align with this whole post and have nothing witty or snarky to add

sorry

That would depend on what is, in your mind, classified as an animal.

Are insects animals?

What about baby mice?

What about mice fetuses?

Do we apply the same logic to human zygotes to animal ones?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I am civilized and animals do not have rights. Only the overly emitional think feel otherwise
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I am civilized and animals do not have rights. Only the overly emitional think feel otherwise

I have to thank you for reminding me that there are people in our country today who think like that.

I just made a $500 donation to PETA. Thanks again.

- Dan G

billvon

>I am civilized and animals do not have rights.

Glad you are in a tiny minority, then.

Could you please show the link to their bill of rights please?
The one recognized by the three branches of the US Gov.

DanG

I have to thank you for reminding me that there are people in our country today who think like that.

So who do you root for here, and why is that position the right one to have.

DanG

I'm afraid he's right on this one - as was recently clarified by Royal edict animals don't have rights, because they don't pay taxes and haven't earned them.

(Though since that comes from a woman who was born into one family of hereditary wealth and privilege, married into a bigger one and lived rent free in a state mansion for decades you have to wonder how her rights were earned!:D)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

I'm afraid he's right on this one - as was recently clarified by Royal edict animals don't have rights, because they don't pay taxes and haven't earned them.

(Though since that comes from a woman who was born into one family of hereditary wealth and privilege, married into a bigger one and lived rent free in a state mansion for decades you have to wonder how her rights were earned!:D)

Weren't they given to her by God?

billvon

>I am civilized and animals do not have rights.

Me and the courts

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/05/nyregion/chimps-dont-have-same-rights-as-humans-court-says.html?_r=0
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

Sorry, can't watch youtube at work. Can you describe the situation?

I think it's something about late term abortions, painful fetal dismemberment and selling of the body parts....

...oh, no...wait - that was something else - Turtle's video was about a snake eating a mouse, nevermind...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

DanG

Mmmmmmmmm People Eating Tasty Animals

BTW
You do know they euthanizes dogs and cats as much or more than any other organization in the US, right?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/04/09/peta-takes-heat-over-claims-it-killed-90-of-animals-dropped-off-at-virginia-shelter/
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

******>I am civilized and animals do not have rights.

Me and the courts

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/05/nyregion/chimps-dont-have-same-rights-as-humans-court-says.html?_r=0

Not the same rights is not the same as no rights.

No rights

Period

WE DO, however, IMO have an ethical and moral obligation to treat animals humanly

But then, this will get us into a debate about the meaning of humane I suppose[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

No rights

Period

Yes, I know that's what you think, but on the basis of that story it's not what you can say the courts support you on.

It's not you and the courts.

It's you.

Period.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You do know they euthanizes dogs and cats as much or more than any other organization in the US, right?

Yeah, I did know that. Due to massive overpopulation because of dumb asses who don't fix their pets there isn't a way to care for milllions of dogs and cats in the US. Putting them to sleep is a more ethical action than confining them to a cage for the rest of their lives.

BTW, the People Eating Tasty Animals is about the stupidest, and most often repeated, dumb joke out there.

- Dan G

>Me and the courts

Once again you didn't even read your own link.

Here's a quick list of rights animals have under the law in Iowa:

Animal abuse IOWA CODE ANN. § 717B.2
Animal neglect IOWA CODE ANN. § 717B.3
Intentional animal neglect resulting in serious injury or death IOWA CODE ANN. § 717B.3
Animal torture IOWA CODE ANN. § 717B.3A
Abandonment of cats and dogs IOWA CODE ANN. § 717B.8
Livestock neglect IOWA CODE ANN. § 717.2
Providing for neglected animals IOWA CODE ANN. § 717.2A
Providing for care of a threatened animal IOWA CODE ANN. §§ 717B.4, 717B.5(3)

MAXIMUM PENALTIES - 2 years imprisonment and $6,250 fine

>No rights. Period.

Sorry, the courts disagree. If you don't believe me, try torturing a horse, then claim it was fine because they have no rights, period, and the courts agree with you.

DanG

I gotta see proof of that or I call BS.

Not rights

Protctions maybe

But then the left has been redehining rights for decades so i can see how you would prefer to call those laws rights
Abraham Lincoln