yoink

US dentist 'regrets' killing lion...

>:(

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33695872

I'm all for responsible hunting and enjoy cooking what my hunter friends kill. I also understand that sometimes it's necessary to kill wildlife in order to protect human life or agriculture.

This fucking nimrod however, is a both a neanderthal and a cretin. There's no usage of the meat or point to the killing. He decided he wanted to go an kill a lion just so he could say he did.

Fuck you, buddy. I hope they extradite you and put you in a Zimbabwean prison for a while.

yoink

>:(

I hope they extradite you and put you in a Zimbabwean prison for a while.

Not only did this moron shoot a baited, collared, half tame lion while it was feeding, he also shot an endangered white rhino and a buffalo. For what? So he can have his picture taken with them????

While I doubt much will happen to him, I do hope both he and his so-called 'professional guide' end up in that prison together.

Agreed. This is pretty fucked up. These types with their "grand slam" bullshit of killing one every type of species?? The North American grand slam includes two species of walrus. WTF, what skill/sport is shooting a walrus with a rifle?

I've spent a lot of time in southern Africa and out in the bush (photos not hunting); I'm astounded at some of the stories guides have told me of American hunters on a trip with a "checklist" to kill and how they go about it.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

The guy is a major dipshit. If a lion attacks you, then yes shoot it in self defense. But this wasn't the case.

On a somewhat related/unrelated note, as a child I remember watching the movie "Born Free" but I was pretty young at the time and I am not sure how much of the movie I really absorbed. But last month the movie replayed on my local cable TV classic movies station and I watched it. What a great movie this is from the mid 1960s era. The movie is based on the real life events of Joy and George Adamson who adopt three lion cubs after George is forced to shoot the cub's mother (in self defense). Eventually the cubs grew too big and the Adamsons had to give the cubs up. But Joy and the smallest cub Elsa the Lioness had this special bond with each other and the Adamsons kept Elsa and raised her. Of source even Elsa grew too big and the Adamson's were forced to either give Elsa up to a zoo or try the unthinkable and reintroduce Elsa back into the wild. Joy was persistent in her beliefs that Elsa should not be locked up in a cage for the rest of her life (hence the name of the movie "Born Free"). Many said it couldn't be done, and it took months, but they succeeded and Elsa was successfully reintroduced back into the wild and the following year the Adamsons met up with Elsa again in the Kenyan wild life reserve where Elsa mothered her own litter of cubs. Of course the movie does not mention this, but Elsa's life was cut short after only five years when she succumbed to Babesia felis, a tick-borne blood disease similar to malaria.

I only bring this up because A) it is a fantastic story based on real people and a real lion and people should watch it if they get the chance ... and ... B) animals are a lot smarter than humans believe they are.

Once again this dentist is a major dipshit for taking the life of such a fantastic creature. I am not anti-hunting when people hunt for food. But I am anti-hunting when it is only done for sport. Killing is not a sport.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

headoverheels

Click on the photos link in the upper right area... Gets you to this...

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/river-bluff-dental-bloomington#hGQzuSU6TVjwv_20a9CidQ

Whoa! :D:D:D

Yeah, here is a great one from the many:

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/river-bluff-dental-bloomington#XgvLoh76QrZCK2cH0gfxbw

Photo has either been removed or the link is incorrect... [:/]
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

RMK

I'm astounded at some of the stories guides have told me of American hunters on a trip with a "checklist" to kill and how they go about it.

Dentist accused of killing Cecil is not alone: Trophy hunters are mostly Americans.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

I'm astounded at some of the stories guides have told me of American hunters on a trip with a "checklist" to kill and how they go about it.

Dentist accused of killing Cecil is not alone: Trophy hunters are mostly Americans.

thank goodness someone got around to this - I was getting very disappointed in our posters

1 - he didn't use a gun, but maybe he wanted to, hard to tell
2 - perhaps they were going to sell the lion's organs to science?
3 - you just KNOW he voted for Reagan
4 - I just bet he has low power light bulbs in his house too
5 - Suspect his college girlfriend got an abortion too
6 - rumor has it that his car also runs on gasoline - which made from oil

did I miss anything?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

thank goodness someone got around to this - I was getting very disappointed in our posters

did I miss anything?

7 - Hitler liked hunting. Lion killing dentist is a Nazi. Dentist is Racist.

rehmwa

did I miss anything?

Here's a website with a bunch of buffoons grinning for photo's "lookit wot I shot" [sic]

www.superslam.org
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Driver1

Photo has either been removed or the link is incorrect... [:/]

Seems to be gone. It was a document clip that talked about him being disciplined by the dental board for sexual harassment, and also mentioned his illegal taking of a black bear.

Edit: some photos are being deleted -- just went down from 8 pages to 7.

normiss

He did use a gun, after using a bow.:S

40 hours later, to boot....

When I first saw the Yelp page, there were 1168 photos... Now there's 40.... Yelp's been deleting them...
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

masterblaster72

Yes, the majority of idiots looking for trophies is probably American idiots, but don't forget we also have a demand from Asian idiots for rhino horns, elephant ivory, and other assorted animal parts.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Yes, the majority of idiots looking for trophies is probably driven by American idiots, but don't forget we also have a demand from of Asian idiots for rhino horns, elephant ivory, and other assorted animal parts.

Penises. Lots and lots of penises....I don't get the appeal.