rushmc

Planned Parenthood and the term "slippery slope" .

rushmc

And who drought uo the nut?

Wait, I know this one - Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe; All mimsy were the borogoves, and the mome raths outgrabe...

Was that what you were going for?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

However, using intentionally emotional and incendiary speech in an attempt to elicit angry reactions can encourage those angry (and violent) reactions. Don't like terrorism? Don't encourage it.

The language issue is just a matter of semantics. One person trying to spin the facts calls it incendiary, another person trying to present the facts calls it descriptive. Criminals who commits acts of violence have their own motives. The words or circumstances they use for justification is just an attempt to divert guilt.

The real elephant in the room is the 53 plus million people who, like us, could have been here discussing this issue. But were instead , terminated.

The real elephant in the room is the 53 plus million people who, like us, could have been here discussing this issue. But were instead , terminated.

or the other way to look at it is the 53 million abortions done since Roe v Wade make this OBVIOUSLY a medically necessary procedure for some ~53M women. High in demand, with women exercising their free right to do so. hooray for freedom and rights.

maadmax

However, using intentionally emotional and incendiary speech in an attempt to elicit angry reactions can encourage those angry (and violent) reactions. Don't like terrorism? Don't encourage it.

The language issue is just a matter of semantics. One person trying to spin the facts calls it incendiary, another person trying to present the facts calls it descriptive. Criminals who commits acts of violence have their own motives. The words or circumstances they use for justification is just an attempt to divert guilt.

You point follows multiple lines

For example
Bill says something he does not actually believe and says he is using sarcasm to make a point.

I did exactly the same thing and I get a warning for trolling
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

tkhayes

and the 53 million people born would probably be split along the same pro-life/pro-women's-rights lines as the current population.

Now that would be the ultimate "thought experiment" . I bet if they could be asked for their opinion on abortion there would be a resounding, OH HELL NO.

Depends on whether they were abused, maybe born addicted or raised by druggie parents, or possibly some of the non-life-compatible birth defects.
Ya know, I'm glad I'm alive, but if I hadn't been born, there would have been no me -- it's not like I know that but for the law, etc. All of the people who might have been born except they were miscarried -- how important are they?

And, frankly, given the problems with crowding, resource use, and other population-related ills, maybe we don't need to maximize the numbers of people.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

maadmax

***and the 53 million people born would probably be split along the same pro-life/pro-women's-rights lines as the current population.

Now that would be the ultimate "thought experiment" . I bet if they could be asked for their opinion on abortion there would be a resounding, OH HELL NO.

Why, if they hadn't been aborted? Everyone else who hasn't been aborted (which is to say, everyone else) hold very disparate views on the subject, so why would these people be united?

Why, if they hadn't been aborted? Everyone else who hasn't been aborted (which is to say, everyone else) hold very disparate views on the subject, so why would these people be united?

We are the universe's crowing creation. We are able to observe it and ourselves and marvel at our existence. Anyone who has truly experienced life in it many dimensions would not want to be denied the chance to experience it. Those who don't value life have become lost along the way.

wmw999

Depends on whether they were abused, maybe born addicted or raised by druggie parents, or possibly some of the non-life-compatible birth defects.
Ya know, I'm glad I'm alive, but if I hadn't been born, there would have been no me -- it's not like I know that but for the law, etc. All of the people who might have been born except they were miscarried -- how important are they?

And, frankly, given the problems with crowding, resource use, and other population-related ills, maybe we don't need to maximize the numbers of people.

Wendy P.

You make interesting points. I see life as a fantastic mystery, that needs to be facilitated not denied.

maadmax

We are the universe's crowing creation. We are able to observe it and ourselves and marvel at our existence. Anyone who has truly experienced life in it many dimensions would not want to be denied the chance to experience it. Those who don't value life have become lost along the way.

So A) explain suicide and;

B) There are lots of ways that you could have been denied the chance to experience life. Talking about 'potential humans' is a nonsense. Every couple has millions of potential humans withing them and barely any of them become humans. I'm glad I wasn't aborted but that doesn't make me anti abortion, just like I'm glad my parents had sex the day I was conceived but I don't think married people should have sex every day there's a chance of conception.

Some 30,000 to 40,000 children starve to death in the world each day, mostly growing up in poverty and living with disease.

Not saying that they never smile or laugh or sometimes have a good time, but I expect most of them missed your motivation speaking tour about how 'lost' they are and how 'marvelous' their existence is.

glad you are having a good time. try not to assume that everyone shares your beliefs or your experiences.

(BTW , 30,000 children dying from starvation each day for the past 40 years equates to about 450,000,000 children. Pro-lifers need to explain to me exactly how much they care about life again)

Some 30,000 to 40,000 children starve to death in the world each day, mostly growing up in poverty and living with disease.

I'm having a hard time believing this number. What's your source?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation

8000 per day is just children under 5. Another link said 21000 but did not specify an age group.

40000 might be a stretch today but that was a number I saw and then studied back in the 80' s and I was mortified.

So whether it's 8000 or 10000 or 20,000, my point stands. The numbers are staggering and these people are probably not "enjoying' life. And they are largely ignored by the pro-life movement.

And they are largely ignored by the pro-life movement.

Well yes, that "movement", a loosely defined group, has among it a large proportion of paternalist religious based sub-groups. Hypocrisy is built into such groups. Their whole foundation is an elaborate system of hoaxes and outright lies.

That they are selective in what lives they are interested in protecting a matter of course for such groups.

People care most for what is closer and more familiar to them. That's why we care little about suicide bombers killing hundreds in Iraq compared to dozens in Paris.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

(BTW , 30,000 children dying from starvation each day for the past 40 years equates to about 450,000,000 children. Pro-lifers need to explain to me exactly how much they care about life again)

Interesting logic. The greed and incompetent use of resources by one group contributes to the (preventable) suffering and death of another group. So the first group says "hey since you are going to suffer and we don't want to be bothered by you we will just terminate you before the problem ever has a chance to start."

I can only hope for a better way.

So A) explain suicide and;

B) There are lots of ways that you could have been denied the chance to experience life. Talking about 'potential humans' is a nonsense. Every couple has millions of potential humans withing them and barely any of them become humans. I'm glad I wasn't aborted but that doesn't make me anti abortion, just like I'm glad my parents had sex the day I was conceived but I don't think married people should have sex every day there's a chance of conception.

Suicide is a tragic cry for help when one is sadly convinced that no help is available.

Egg and sperm have the potential to start the development of human life. An embryo is a genetically unique viable human life form. Dependent ,like we all are , on an energy source and suitable environmental conditions.

Sorry that your reading skills seem to be so "I don't know how to describe". I made no claim that one group contributes to any other group.

My claim was simply the level of paradox and hypocrisy that actually exists. And people do generally care about only those that are close to them as was pointed out in a later post.

You made the claim that life is so amazing and so worth living. I was simply stating that there are many many many people in the world that probably do not share nor experience that.