rushmc

Planned Parenthood and the term "slippery slope" .

>Please spare me the 10 year old rape victim crap!

I'm sorry you think it is crap. We have presidential candidates who want to make it illegal for raped 10 year olds to get abortions.
=============
Huckabee's hard line on abortion: 10-year-old rape victim should have to carry child
August 16, 2015

Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee says he does not believe in abortion under any circumstance — including the rape of a 10-year-old girl.

“Creating one problem that is horrible — let nobody be misled, a 10-year-old girl being raped is horrible,“ Huckabee said in an interview on CNN’s "State of the Union” Sunday. “But does it solve a problem by taking the life of an innocent child? And that’s really the issue.”

Last week in Paraguay, an 11-year-old girl gave birth to a healthy baby girl after being denied an abortion despite allegedly being raped by her stepfather — stirring debate over a Paraguayan law banning abortions except in cases where the pregnancy endangers the mother’s life.
================

>How many abortions in the U.S. We're preformed on 10 year old rape victims?

I don't know. There are tens of thousands of abortions under the age of 15 in the US; they don't break down the data more than that. However, given the number of pre-teens who are raped in the US every year, I am very glad they have that option.

>Why not carry to term?

Because it should be up to the woman and her doctor, not you or I. (Or her parents if she is very young.)

Because a 10 year old (or an 11 year old, or a 12 year old) may not be able to care for a baby.

Because a 10 year old (or an 11 year old, or a 12 year old) may not be able to safely HAVE a baby. The attempt might kill her.

>Seperate the pregnancy from the rape. Make something positive come out
>of something so horrific and damaging.

That's a great option. But again, it's up to the woman, not to you.

Coreeece

*********O promote abortions.....in fact i think in some cases it should be retroactive.

And the tolerance of the left shows it ugly head yet again

You PRO BIRTH types are not PRO LIFE....... you support war... and all the other goodies that the GOP loves and supports.

YOU personally support denial of climate change which is a major factor in killing more and more people every year because more heat has been placed into the atmosphere and ocean and the results of that are GLOBAL and the storms generated... well the energy has to go somewhere( Its a physics thing)....... YOU support air pollution that kills thousands of your fellow Americans... for your own personal profit... as well as OBSCENE profits for your masters... so what are a few thousand lives of those downwind of your coal fired generation stations.

So what does that say about you in the ULTRA right wing of the GOP that is trying to silence anyone not in lockstep with your beliefs and actions.

I think those with this affliction are on the fast track ... a slippery slope to HELL.

You PRO ABORTION types are not PRO CHOICE....you support prostitution and strip clubs that influence sex trade, along with all the other goodies the DEMS love and support while shouting "war against women!"

You personally support denial of the war on terror which is a major factor in killing more and more people every year because more Islamic extremists have been placed into the atmosphere and ocean and the results of that are GLOBAL and the storms generated...well the hate has to go somewhere (it's a religious thing)......YOU support abortion that kills millions of your fellow Americans...for your own personal mistake...as well as OBSCENE profits for aborted infant body parts....so what are a few million lives if it makes your life more tolerable.

So what does that say about you in the ULTRA left wing of the DEMS that is trying to silence anyone not in lockstep with your beliefs and action.

I think those with this affliction are on the fast track....a slippery slope to....WELL, you said it, not me...

See how that works? See how fucking pointless?

But hey, it feels good, eh?

Cheers!

I sure as hell hope I never have any of what you are having... those hallucinations must be a biotch

billvon

>Not one woman has ever gotten pregnant by herself.

Right. Fortunately, at least here in the US, they can decide whether or not they want to carry the fetus by themselves.

Gotta call the unborn baby fetus to sell it to yourself huh....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

your opinion and your feelings. i cannot believe that you cannot see that other people have other opinions and maybe these are not 'babies'. Some of us believe that the women's rights trump the rights of anything growing inside the woman and that medical research is in fact important....even to you.

spare me the 'But they're BABIES!!"

People also have opinions that when you reach a certain age you're no longer useful to society so those people should be assisted to die.

It's not about opinions.
If you don't like the use of the term "baby" then use human fetus. No matter what term you use, it doesn't give someone the right to kill it and then sell the body parts.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Until you've walked in the shoes of someone who used birth control that failed, or been the victim of incest or rape, its probably better to listen more than talk about how easy it is to carry a baby to term.

Consider, too, that carrying a baby with alcohol or drug involvement to term, even if it's adopted, isn't always a favor -- there are lifelong effects from that. It's an irresponsible choice that led to the pregnancy in the first place, but who are you most interested in punishing for that choice, and why is punishment better than prevention?

As far as birth control getting started by eugenics, well, eugenics was the cool thing in those days. Just like most white people with deep roots in the south of the US having deep racism in their family's past, the thought of encouraging successful people to breed, and making it easy for unsuccessful people to avoid breeding held some attraction.

Every complicated problem (unwanted pregnancy) has an easy, obvious answer (it's all up to the woman keeping her legs together) that's completely inadequate for reality.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

kallend

Please spare me the 10 year old rape victim crap!

You should take a little time to read what Huckabee and Palin (among others) have said.

"Among others." Wait you said earlier it was all of them which one is it?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

And you know I have never walked in those shoes?
Also, any family with deep roots in the south was racist?
Your making a huge generalization there. Sorry, but my family does not not have they ever been racist. ( kinda hard when there's only one race:human)

There are many forms of birth control WHY would anyone only use one?
If you don't want to get pregnant then don't !! I very much doubt two to three different forms of birth control would all fail at the same time.

Also, what I get from your other statement is that those with special needs lead a less then fulfilling life or are a burden ??
Dang!! Maybe you should ask them or their family's before making that judgement.
Love my little cousin that is Down's syndrome.
Oh and our family friend that has adopted 2 children with Fetal alcohol syndrome feel blessed to have them.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

If you don't want to get pregnant then don't !!

Go tell that to a rape victim.

Or are you one of those Republicans like Todd Akin (R-MO) who believe that victims of "legitimate rape" don't get pregnant? Or Richard Mourdock (R-IN) who believes that God intended the rape to happen. Or Clayton Williams (R-TX) who thinks the woman should relax and enjoy the rape?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm sorry but I resent your statement. You don't know my personal history so maybe before you make such statements you should take the time to learn it.

I think you need to take your own advice.
Believe me I tried.

billvon

Because it should be up to the woman and her doctor, not you or I. (Or her parents if she is very young.)

it is not up to the doctor - he's a consultant and a service provider only, not a decision maker. the 'decision' can only lie with the woman or those legally obligated to care for her

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

promise5

I'm sorry but I resent your statement. You don't know my personal history so maybe before you make such statements you should take the time to learn it.

I think you need to take your own advice.

Resent away. You chose to jump into this argument.

Those are direct quotes from congresscritters (or candidates) about why abortion is unnecessary.

They directly apply to your idea of "If you don't want a baby, don't get pregnant."

If you don't want an abortion, don't have one.

However, you don't get to decide what everyone else should do (neither do I, but I don't tell other people what to do).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Well crap then let's take that statement a little further.

Don't want to feed a dog then don't. Oh well that it starves to death.
Oh wait it's suppose to be don't get the dog, but hey you got it on a whim you should be able to starve it if you want.
Or if you want the dog and it gets pregnant you should be as to kill the puppies either as soon as they're born or how about half deliver them and then kill them? Should be ok with everyone.
Believe me I tried.

So you can't be an atheist and believe life begins at conception ??
:P

A woman can't get pregnant by herself. It's a slippery slope on this because then she shouldn't have the right to make the desicion to kill a baby/fetus by herself.

But that a whole other debate.

But this is also about the ILLEGAL practice of selling human body parts.
That's against the law.

Believe me I tried.