jgoose71

Martin O'Malley: All lives matter

This happened about a week ago and I've been stewing on it. I really have a hard time with the fact that he had to apologize for his statement.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/martin-omalley-all-lives-matter/index.html

When I hear "All Lives Matter" I hear a message of unity. We are all equal. Lets join together no matter what your race, sex, sexual orientation, whatever. I strongly believe we are becoming more polarized and divided as a nation.

The problem I'm having with the "Black Lives Matter" movement is that it seems to be fueling segregation. I'm not trying to take away from the difficulties of the past or the present, but at the same time, this movement does not appear to be going in the right direction. I don't think the slogan "Black lives Matter" still means what it was intended to in the beginning.

I've said in the past on these forums that I don't think the plan of "In the name of equality, I want all the black people to move to the left side of the room and all the white people to move to the right side of the room." is really working. And I have to say, my belief in that statement is only getting stronger.

Right now you have the African American community segregating them selves off, waiving the victim card, not wanting to do anything for themselves because they are conviced the government owes them something. So they are staying untrained, uneducated, and segregated off waiting for their next government hand out.

Now when you have someone reach out to them and say:

"All lives matter, come out and be one of us." the answer is:

"No, Black lives matter, we'll stay over here."

All I can really say is congratulations Democrats. After your failure to uphold Jim Crowe laws in the 60's I guess your dream of segregation has finally come true. Since you couldn't legally segregate them, you figured out that all you had to do was implement a couple of social justice programs and start chanting a few well thought out slogans and you figured out that they would segregate themselves.B|

Now to be clear, I don't necessarily think all Democrats are still racist. I think some of them actually think they are helping the African American community. But the results do speak for themselves.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

When I hear "All Lives Matter" I hear a message of unity. We are all equal. Lets join together no matter what your race, sex, sexual orientation, whatever.

Would you trades places with a black man?
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/white-like-me/n9308
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Right now you have the African American community segregating them selves off, waiving the victim card, not wanting to do anything for themselves because they are conviced the government owes them something. So they are staying untrained, uneducated, and segregated off waiting for their next government hand out.

Are they? Or is that just your perception?

- Dan G

All publicity is good publicity. Trump and Cruz are showing that, right?
Well, on the Dem side, there's Hillary, Bernie, and.... that other guy who nobody knows, and everybody ignores. Well, now That Other Guy finally has a name. The message is really irrelevant. Always was.

The real story has nothing to do with race or lives that matter. The real story is "Marty O'Malley drops his pants, then says 'Oops, did I do that? Gosh, sorry!' "

Coreeece

When I hear "All Lives Matter" I hear a message of unity. We are all equal. Lets join together no matter what your race, sex, sexual orientation, whatever.

Would you trades places with a black man?
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/white-like-me/n9308

Well, I am all out of white privilege. Last time I walked into a bank they through me out. May I can borrow some of Rachel Dozal's black privilege?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

DanG

Are they? Or is that just your perception?

To be honest, I don't spend as much time in the U.S. as I would like to any more. I'm forced to travel a lot for my job.

However, I do see more and more Black Conservatives popping up on youtube. 95% of the African American population use to support the democratic party, but now, last time I saw a pole, it was at about 90%.

There are 2 ways to look at this. 1 is 90% of the African American community still supports Democrats. Or 2, Under Obama, conservative support in the African American Community has doubled.

And I've been seeing more videos like these pop up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kry_VfFSh4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdTihf2_GGM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xryXpK042pQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnpWJGzAqpo

Just my observations. You should watch a couple:ph34r:

Andy9o8

The real story has nothing to do with race or lives that matter. The real story is "Marty O'Malley drops his pants, then says 'Oops, did I do that? Gosh, sorry!' "

True. I wish he wouldn't have said "Gosh I'm sorry" though. I wish he would have said something to the effect they we are all equals. That is the message.

jgoose71

True. I wish he wouldn't have said "Gosh I'm sorry" though. I wish he would have said something to the effect they we are all equals. That is the message.

If he'd said we're all equals he'd have gotten zero press. He said the first thing to get his name on the radar. He then did a little 2-step to play both ends against the middle. THAT was the message, and it was all pre-planned, both the statement and the backpedal.
Nothing else mattered. Subject was beside the point.

And today it's Mike Huckabee's turn. Invoking the Holocaust and making an "oven" reference for its exquisite sound-byte-ability. Now for the next day Huckabee's name will be mentioned - all replete with competing expressions of outrage, support and mocking. (Lay you even odds that Alan Dershowitz weighs in.)

Cuz nobody's been talking about Huckabee for a while. And that simply will not do.

Every candidate's staff are busily scratching their heads: "Hmm, what kind of shit can OUR guy say to put him in the headlines for a couple news cycles?" And so it goes.

Hi Andy,

And today it's Mike Huckabee's turn.

I was reading in the paper last week where all 16 (R) candidates will be at the first debate.

That got me to thinking; they each get 3 minutes to answer a question. But, of course, everyone goes over and/or gets interrupted ad infinitum. 3 mins x 16 = 48 minutes for the first question. OK, folks that's it; shows over.

Some debate huh?

:P

Jerry Baumchen

That got me to thinking; they each get 3 minutes to answer a question. But, of course, everyone goes over and/or gets interrupted ad infinitum. 3 mins x 16 = 48 minutes for the first question. OK, folks that's it; shows over.

Some debate huh?

Only means a marathon debate so stock up on more popcorn and beer. This of course assumes you'll be watching.:S:S

Me? I'll pop in either my Ripcord or Three Stooges DVD's. Better entertainment.:)

Hi Boomer,

Better entertainment.

To each his/her own.

Saturday I was at a high school reunion event. I told them to pay attention. This is political theater at its finest. You won't see better for the rest of your lives ( Class of '58 ).

I'm going to grab some popcorn and watch the fun.

Jerry Baumchen

Hey Jerry,

Far be it me to deny a man his pleasure so I truly hope you enjoy. Have plenty of popcorn, you're gonna need it.

Me? I live and work too too close to this stuff so I see the silliness everyday. Call me jaded and cynical if you please.

Trust me...I've been called worse. Sometimes it was deserved, other times not so much!

:)