yoink

Gunman opens fire at cinema in Lafayette

In case you wonder where I got that one

Take your pick

https://www.google.com/search?q=theater+shooter+supported+obama+re-election&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Had he been a tea party supporter that would have been posted days ago

Not that either really means anything
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>Can't say the same about the ones up in Denver... but you have to blame the
>Denver mayor and chief of police.

As long as there's someone to blame . . . .

Ok
His political manifesto shows he supported Obama

Your comprehension skills seem to be thoroughly lacking.. you need to READ and COMPREHEND what he was saying...:S:S:S

SkyDekker

******This photo sums up the odd priorities:

Face it.... your culture does not understand a need for guns... you live in a different world where you have always been indoctrinated by those in power( who have stayed in power for centuries by having an unarmed populace). Your criminals rely on that knowledge of an unarmed populace.. yes you do have violent crime.... and those who wish to kill someone find other less efficient means.... both in Europe and in Canada. The nanny states you have created tell you how safe you are all the time but are you really??? What have you given up to be so "safe"

I have given up significant percentage points in the chance of getting shot in a mass shooting.

Other than that, I have not given up a single freedom with not having a right to carry a gun at almost all times.

Has Canada gone the route the Britain has with a total nanny police state... monitoring everywhere ... and pretty much disarmed the populace hundreds of years ago. Yet there still seems to be crimes... even gun crimes..... With criminals being armed.

Has Canada gone the route the Britain has with a total nanny police state... monitoring everywhere ... and pretty much disarmed the populace hundreds of years ago. Yet there still seems to be crimes... even gun crimes..... With criminals being armed.

Plenty of weapons up here. All the hunting and target shooting any country needs. Lots of restrictions on handguns and automatic stuff, but no one needs them except to compensate for whatever they lack. Consequently, although we do have more than enough gun violence here, the death rate from firearms is about 20% of the US rate. Still too high, but with all the arms leaking over the border from the gun happy south it's all we can do to keep it as low as it is. As far as monitoring goes, have you heard of the NSA?

Here's another fresh 2nd amendment death for you. http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/27/us/florida-road-rage-killing/?iid=ob_article_footer_expansion&iref=obinsite

We have road rage here too. And we are just as likely to lose our temper as well. But a situation like this generally ends in a shoving match, or at worst a fist fight. Because we probably aren't packing heat.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Plenty of weapons up here. All the hunting and target shooting any country needs. Lots of restrictions on handguns and automatic stuff, but no one needs them except to compensate for whatever they lack. Consequently, although we do have more than enough gun violence here, the death rate from firearms is about 20% of the US rate. Still too high, but with all the arms leaking over the border from the gun happy south it's all we can do to keep it as low as it is. As far as monitoring goes, have you heard of the NSA?

Here's another fresh 2nd amendment death for you. http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/27/us/florida-road-rage-killing/?iid=ob_article_footer_expansion&iref=obinsite

We have road rage here too. And we are just as likely to lose our temper as well. But a situation like this generally ends in a shoving match, or at worst a fist fight. Because we probably aren't packing heat.

I know you do.... and they allowed me to take long guns with me to the high latitudes many times( Ogilvie Mountains, Northern Yukon, Mackenzie Delta or the north side of the Great Slave Lake... backpacking, camping in the bush and not being at the very top of the food chain... I guess they realize that a long gun might be handy)

But I also know how apoplectic an RCMP officer can get when he blocks you on a logging road because you have crossed the border 100 yards back... completely unmarked and you have a .45 auto sitting on the seat of the 4x4.:ph34r:
I think he was looking for smugglers.... hell it was a perfectly good road to me... that I had been following for a few miles on our side of the border... pre GPS days...:) just cruising..

But I also know how apoplectic an RCMP officer can get when he blocks you on a logging road because you have crossed the border 100 yards back... completely unmarked and you have a .45 auto sitting on the seat of the 4x4.Sly
I think he was looking for smugglers.... hell it was a perfectly good road to me... that I had been following for a few miles on our side of the border... pre GPS days...Angelic just cruising..

Ha......good one. Law officers of all types have no sense of humour at all about that border. On either side. Occasionally they lockup Americans who arrive at the border and "forget" to declare firearms. Usually takes about 5 days in lockup to deport them. But I suspect most of them just get them across because they only search vehicles when they have a reason. (But they don't need a reason) I'm pretty sure that mostly those gun owners don't cause any trouble at all.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

champu

Depends on how big you require "we" to be.

Last time I checked I'm a U.S. Citizen residing in the U.S. and I can't a) buy a gun from a private party without going through a dealer with a background check b) buy a gun without a safety written test and practical demonstration and registering it c) buy a 22 pistol that has a threaded barrel cause it's an "assault weapon" d) own a suppressor e) buy a handgun without waiting 10 days f) buy more than one handgun every 30 days g) buy a magazine that holds over ten rounds h) store a firearm in such a way that a child or prohibited person could get to it i) obtain a ccw permit j) transport a firearm without it being unloaded and locked in a container k) buy a handgun not on an approved list that you can no longer add guns to

Since Sandy Hook? I've already posted threads about the new laws, some only proposed, some passed and signed.

Some of the above is reasonable, some is ridiculous. None of it is "nothing."

acutally

A and B. If you want you can build your own, and then there is no requirement to register.

E. If you have already purchased a handgun in this state, then you no longer need to wait 10 days.

I. That is a county problem not a state problem. Other counties in Ca only require "self defense" as the good cause.

DanG

I pick this one, from the local news near the shooting.

http://www.katc.com/story/29624774/shooter-russell-houser-has-presence-online-as-ultra-conservative

Show me again where he's an Obama supporter?

BTW, the parade of right wing nutjobs from your search terms was quite impressive.

As I said
His support of Obama is meaningless in this context
This would not be the case however, had he been a tea party memeber
And you know it

Oh
And I know that any one who disagrees with you is a right wing nut job.
Same bs is coming for any or all of the republican runners

Big boys usually look at content

Oh will.......
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***I pick this one, from the local news near the shooting.

http://www.katc.com/story/29624774/shooter-russell-houser-has-presence-online-as-ultra-conservative

Show me again where he's an Obama supporter?

BTW, the parade of right wing nutjobs from your search terms was quite impressive.

As I said
His support of Obama is meaningless in this context
This would not be the case however, had he been a tea party memeber
And you know it

Oh
Same bs is coming for any or all of the republican runners

Big boys usually look at content

Oh will.......

What doe Mr. Ferrel have to do with it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Seriously? He was a hard core right winger. One of the two posts on his Facebook page was, "I hate liberals." He was a regular radio show host, where he espoused a hard core right wing philosophy.

How do you get the idea that he supported Obama?

- Dan G

regulator

******Depends on how big you require "we" to be.

Last time I checked I'm a U.S. Citizen residing in the U.S. and I can't a) buy a gun from a private party without going through a dealer with a background check b) buy a gun without a safety written test and practical demonstration and registering it c) buy a 22 pistol that has a threaded barrel cause it's an "assault weapon" d) own a suppressor e) buy a handgun without waiting 10 days f) buy more than one handgun every 30 days g) buy a magazine that holds over ten rounds h) store a firearm in such a way that a child or prohibited person could get to it i) obtain a ccw permit j) transport a firearm without it being unloaded and locked in a container k) buy a handgun not on an approved list that you can no longer add guns to

Since Sandy Hook? I've already posted threads about the new laws, some only proposed, some passed and signed.

Some of the above is reasonable, some is ridiculous. None of it is "nothing."

"We" would be the USA. Mass shootings are not limited to just one city or state. Local laws are so easily circumvented as to be just theater.

because chicago is doing such a sterling job.

Chicago is doing a whole lot better than many large cities in the south, such as Baton Rouge, Memphis, Atlanta, Little Rock, Birmingham...

www.neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/top100dangerous/

Or are you defining them as "the south side"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I see LA governor Jindal threatened to arrest any Westboro Baptist Church member if they showed up to protest the funerals. They didn't like that too much. :ph34r: Good boy Jindal.

There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

normiss

What was his planned charge for protesting?
:S:S

As much as I disagree with that insane asylum's approach, I do defend their right to do so.
As should we all.

They'll have to get a permit to protest first. And follow the rules.

Like in Chattanooga where they established a buffer zone and time limit of no protests allowed within 2 hours before and 2 hours after services.

That works for me. And if they protest, let the PGR drown the motherfuckers out with their harleys
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

DanG

Seriously? He was a hard core right winger. One of the two posts on his Facebook page was, "I hate liberals." He was a regular radio show host, where he espoused a hard core right wing philosophy.

How do you get the idea that he supported Obama?

That is the story being peddled by the fringe right groups and Tea Baggers.... plenty of references.. Breitbart was one of the first...:S:S

I guess they realized they also had COMPREHENSION PROBLEMS>>>>> I can't find it on the ill named Breit bart... they are not so bright I guess.... but quick to back peddle when they are proven wrong.. unlike some of the faithful doubling down still.... :ph34r:

Plenty still online though....
http://hardnoxandfriends.com/2015/07/26/lafayette-shooter-was-obama-supporter/

Houser also supported Barack Obama.
He wrote this in his Manifesto (why do mass murderers always seem to have a rambling manifesto?)

I accepted this it came to me that the president is doing exactly what Tim McVeigh did,only the president is much more effective.The way I see it,the faster he wrecks this nation, which in no way resembles what it’s founders envisioned,the faster working people with morals may re-assume command.ie I was for his re-election. I like his spending habits.etc……

Obviously, he was not the average tea partier the media is making him out to be.

—oo—

The media would like us to believe that Houser was some Teapartier. Wrong! That’s impossible since the asshat thought Obama was doing a great job wrecking the country so lefties could take over. Classic Cloward-Piven orthodoxy.

The media is so incredibly corrupt.

~ Hardnox

normiss

What was his planned charge for protesting?
:S:S

As much as I disagree with that insane asylum's approach, I do defend their right to do so.
As should we all.

+1
Abraham Lincoln

jtiflyer

***Last time I checked I'm a U.S. Citizen residing in the U.S. and I can't a) buy a gun from a private party without going through a dealer with a background check b) buy a gun without a safety written test and practical demonstration and registering it c) buy a 22 pistol that has a threaded barrel cause it's an "assault weapon" d) own a suppressor e) buy a handgun without waiting 10 days f) buy more than one handgun every 30 days g) buy a magazine that holds over ten rounds h) store a firearm in such a way that a child or prohibited person could get to it i) obtain a ccw permit j) transport a firearm without it being unloaded and locked in a container k) buy a handgun not on an approved list that you can no longer add guns to

actually

A and B. If you want you can build your own, and then there is no requirement to register.
I did say "buy" ;). You're correct, you don't have to register home builds. The ridiculous bill that was going to make unregistered homebuilds illegal passed both houses but was vetoed. I made a thread about it.
jtiflyer

E. If you have already purchased a handgun in this state, then you no longer need to wait 10 days.

That lawsuit was filed in Dec 2011 and decided in Aug 2014, but as far as I know is still stayed so you still have to wait every time. http://michellawyers.com/silvester-v-harris/
jtiflyer

I. That is a county problem not a state problem. Other counties in Ca only require "self defense" as the good cause.

Understood, and I clarified that in post #160. And as I've mentioned before, the local policy was challenged in Oct 2009 and found unconstitutional in Feb 2014 but is still churning. http://michellawyers.com/guncasetracker/perutavsandiego/

Side note: the Los Angeles city council, about two hours ago, passed a ban on possession of magazines that hold over ten rounds. The only net effect of this ordinance is to un-grandfather magazines that have been owned without incident for the past 21 years (federal AWB from 1994-2004 and the CA ban on magazines from 2000-present have grandfather clauses) Owners must turn them over, destroy them, or sell them out of state.

So yeah, that's what "we" (America, one city at a time) are doing in response to gun violence now. We're doubling-down on stupid.

yoink

Oh

No. You're a right-wing nutjob because you make everything about right vs left wing politics. Everything.

Really?

:D
Abraham Lincoln