jclalor

DZ.com 2016 GOP straw poll

quade

I forget, is it the Republican Party that lets anyone vote in the primaries regardless of declared affiliation?

I think "open" primaries vary by state.

Perhaps democrats could be organized enough to pull off an "operation chaos" like Limbaugh tried.

But then again, what did Will Rodgers say about the Democrats being organized?

jclalor

Vote early and vote often.

What exactly are we voting for? Biggest asshole? Most likely to win the nomination? Most likely to win the election? Most likely to keep late night talk show hosts swimming in material for jokes? Least connected to reality?

Don

I know all you liberals are just gonna click trump hop on alts, click trump again and be like oooohhhh see they do like trump they all voted for him here.......

How about one vote, and one reply as to who you voted for to make it legit. Any votes with no reply get thrown out. Or at least call out the trump voters.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Tell me intent of this poll wasn't to capture some trump votes and use it as fuel for some argument against the GOP. I saw the writing on the wall in the other thread.

I took a pretty good test the other day to see who I aligned with against all canidates in the race. Gun to my head from the people on this poll I would probably go Rubio.

Also check out the ideology results. I'm not a far left or right anything.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

And here is how I side on the most common issues. Not sure how accurate these things are but the questions hit on almost every hot topic I could think of.

Which website was that? From your posts I suspect we've very different ideals. It might be interesting to see what that website says so we can compare apples with apples.

Anvilbrother

https://www.isidewith.com

It would be neat if everyone did it and posted a screenshot of the two results like I did.

I agree. Here are mine...

7 out of my top 9 candidates are Republican, which surprises me. And yes... that's Trump at #6. [:/]:D:|
I'm sure there's a bias given the number of republican candidates though!

As I suspected, it's not as simple as 'Right or Left' - I agree with some parties on some stances, and others on others.
That's why when every single conversation in this forum devolves into a left vs right paradigm, it really frustrates me.

I find it interesting that the deviation in the party alignment for me is 11%, but for you is 26%. I must be much more apathetic about stuff! :D:D

normiss

The few of those I've toyed with, had me voting for Bernie!
:D

Mine too... but I think Bernie is more libertarian than that test is willing to allow for but how did I get Ben Carson up so high on the list... ahead of Hillary.:ph34r:

I did not realize Ben was a liberal or a RINO... as so many wish to believe that I am.

Although I don't think Donald Trump can win, I'm not surprised to see that he is leading in all the polls now, including this one...:ph34r:

He is speaking to the issues that people want to hear in a very un-PC way. I see his rise as purely a statement against the establishment. I don't think it will last though.

In other news, I saw that 3 of the Republican candidates are now beating Hillary in the swing states.

Even Bernie Sanders is beating her in a couple of states. What's happening to her coronation?:ph34r:

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Andy9o8

I'm just glad that Bush is in touch with his :| her? feminine side.

He's still pre-op...Obviously not as brave as Caitlyn...:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

The thing it highlights clearly for me is that there's no clear party who is my preference.

I'd love to have a party where we agree on most of my really important issues, but that isn't the case, so I have to make macro decisions - what's more important to me? Immigration policy, or domestic policy? Economic vs foreign...

As normiss says though, it's all a moot point. Until the electoral collage is disbanded it will ALWAYS come down to a red vs blue decision, decided by a minority of states. :(

If one party seriously ran on electoral reform, that would probably be enough to swing my vote for that iteration - even if I disagreed with almost everything else they stood for.

yoink

The thing it highlights clearly for me is that there's no clear party who is my preference.

I'd love to have a party where we agree on most of my really important issues, but that isn't the case, so I have to make macro decisions - what's more important to me? Immigration policy, or domestic policy? Economic vs foreign...

As normiss says though, it's all a moot point. Until the electoral collage is disbanded it will ALWAYS come down to a red vs blue decision, decided by a minority of states. :(

If one party seriously ran on electoral reform, that would probably be enough to swing my vote for that iteration - even if I disagreed with almost everything else they stood for.

each one of the questions.. had an OTHER option..... that provided qualifiers to the simpler yes no questions... as well as more important-Most Important and less on the other side. There were also OTHER questions in each area.. and one of them concerned some of the idiocy of gerrymandering and toxic PAC's etc with Corporate "persons"

We do not live in a democracy in reality... we live in a time of the Golden Rule as evidenced by so many o the right who worship people like Trump and other billionaires all the while slitting their own financial throats... with their votes.

He who has grabbed all the GOLD... has made all the rules... and the deck is already stacked against most Americans to ever succeed in any way... unlike the fantasy in their pea brains that they can do it too.