airdvr

ObamaCare's Medicaid Expansion Is Blowing Up

turtlespeed

******>So your OK with the destroying of peoples lives and the further levels of inequality to
>balance the budget?

Nope! In fact I am glad that part of our money goes towards saving people's lives. This comes at the price of higher taxes. Fortunately there is a good solution to that - move.

So how many Black and/or Mexican lives are you willing to destroy for one life that the liberal elite say "deserves to be saved?"

Excellent question. And which ones are to be sacrificed?,

In Texas.... realllly.................Sandra Bland

I guess that good ole Texas boy taught her a lesson.

Amazon

******Ohio

sorry,, I'll take bankrupt California with an ocean any day over some landlocked cornfields.

Geographically the Evil Cornfields are a bit further west... Ohio is more.... Rust Belt:ph34r:

along with the Bengals and Browns... eeeewwwwww...
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

>So you're completely off the grid?

Not at all. I supply the grid during the day when they need power, then go off-grid at about 6pm when demand is greatest - then recharge (and charge EV's) at around midnight when demand is lowest, and prices go negative. (In other words, I am one of the people dealing with the problems other people cause.)

>Your arrogance speaks volumes.

Yes, I am 'arrogant' enough to clean up my own messes. Are you so 'humble' that you demand that other people prepare your food and clean up the messes you make?

>So how many Black and/or Mexican lives are you willing to destroy for one life that the
>liberal elite say "deserves to be saved?"

None. In fact, I support the idea that people can flee places like Mexico and find a place in the US where they can work, pay taxes and raise their families in peace, even if they don't fit into the Federal government's quota.

[goosemode]
How about you? How many Mexican lives do you want ended by Mexican gangs? How many kids will you condemn to a violent death by slamming the door in their faces, while you skydive with your friends and enjoy your 1%er lifestyle?
[/goosemode]

stayhigh

***Ohio

sorry,, I'll take bankrupt California with an ocean any day over some landlocked cornfields.

I'll see your ocean and raise you some Lake Erie islands, gas @ 2.35 per gal this morning, reasonable state tax rates, oh...and there's water here...lots of it. I'm going outside now to turn on my hose and let it run needlessly.;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

billvon

>So you're completely off the grid?

Not at all. I supply the grid during the day when they need power, then go off-grid at about 6pm when demand is greatest - then recharge (and charge EV's) at around midnight when demand is lowest, and prices go negative. (In other words, I am one of the people dealing with the problems other people cause.)

>Your arrogance speaks volumes.

Yes, I am 'arrogant' enough to clean up my own messes. Are you so 'humble' that you demand that other people prepare your food and clean up the messes you make?

I wasn't aware that using utilities was 'other people causing a problem'. Once again, arrogance meter pegged.

It must get pretty boring never going out to dinner or to a show. What do you do with your garbage that can't be composted? Where does that electricity come from when you charge your EV's? With no water it must be from an evil natural gas burning power plant. Oops...you're causing a problem there.

Destinations by Roxanne

Lake Erie?

Oh,, I've heard about this Mid-westerner going to river and lake and get drunk off the boat.

Do you enjoy hanging out at Walmart as well? I think you guys call it Wally World.

How much is weed in your neighborhood? I see your shitty lake and I'll up one by showing you a sea of top shelf marijuana.

Ya, we have more dispensary than the Starbucks.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Hey, back off. They have Cedar Point. That places blows away Magic Mountain, Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm put together.:P

But hey, I grew up in Ohio. I'll take California any day.

Airdvr, post a lake dreary photo in January.B|

billvon

>So how many Black and/or Mexican lives are you willing to destroy for one life that the

None. In fact, I support the idea that people can flee places like Mexico and find a place in the US where they can work, pay taxes and raise their families in peace, even if they don't fit into the Federal government's quota.

[goosemode]
How about you? How many Mexican lives do you want ended by Mexican gangs? How many kids will you condemn to a violent death by slamming the door in their faces, while you skydive with your friends and enjoy your 1%er lifestyle?
[/goosemode]

Nice attempt at goosemode...:ph34r: But since you obviously commented on post #8 without reading it, let me give you the highlights:

In an effort to increase revenues in California, the fees have become so Draconian that if you are below a certain income line and have a run in with the law and written a ticket, your life will probably be flushed down the toilet.

A $100 ticket gets an additional $500 worth of extra fees. If they are already living payday-to-payday and can't afford to pay it, they loose their drivers license, which often looses them their job and puts them permanently in poverty. We won't even get into the additional fees imposed if they are late. A $100 ticket can in the end cost several thousands of dollars, seized property, and a jail stay.

This downward spiral is disproportionally hitting Minorities. But as you stated, you are all good with it as long as it balances the budged and does good in the lives you deem worthy.

Now that the article has been explained to you, is this how you truly feel?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

***>So how many Black and/or Mexican lives are you willing to destroy for one life that the

[goosemode]
[/goosemode]

Nice attempt at goosemode...:ph34r: But since you obviously commented on post #8 without reading it, let me give you the highlights:

In an effort to increase revenues in California, the fees have become so Draconian that if you are below a certain income line and have a run in with the law and written a ticket, your life will probably be flushed down the toilet.

A $100 ticket gets an additional $500 worth of extra fees. If they are already living payday-to-payday and can't afford to pay it, they loose their drivers license, which often looses them their job and puts them permanently in poverty. We won't even get into the additional fees imposed if they are late. A $100 ticket can in the end cost several thousands of dollars, seized property, and a jail stay.

This downward spiral is disproportionally hitting Minorities. But as you stated, you are all good with it as long as it balances the budged and does good in the lives you deem worthy.

Now that the article has been explained to you, is this how you truly feel?

We had a thread a while back that showed this is happening across the SOUTH... where the private prison system is one of the reasons for this and were giving kickbacks to Judges among others to keep those beds full and keep the money rolling in.

The Poor are the new slaves.... as if they ever were not in perpetual slavery to their masters... pretty much the same few people that talked a lot of people into marching off to war to protect the family fortunes of a very few families.

grimmie

Hey, back off. They have Cedar Point. That places blows away Magic Mountain, Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm put together.:P

But hey, I grew up in Ohio. I'll take California any day.

Airdvr, post a lake dreary photo in January.B|

Dammit man...no one had said anything about the winter months until you came in and spoiled it...:D

Destinations by Roxanne

>I wasn't aware that using utilities was 'other people causing a problem'.

Ah, my mistake. It's only "causing a problem" when the other guy does it - when you do it, it's fine.

>It must get pretty boring never going out to dinner or to a show.

I wouldn't know.

>Where does that electricity come from when you charge your EV's?

Well, it used to come from San Onofre. Nowadays it mostly comes from the Otay Mesa and Palomar plants.

@ gas prices, . . . Someone has to pay for those that wish to live off the system, right?

Or is my statement fundamentally flawed?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>@ gas prices, . . . Someone has to pay for those that wish to live off the system, right?

Yes - although those two statements don't really have anything to do with each other. Gas taxes are allocated to a lot of programs, including highway patrol, road repairs and improvements, transit in general (subways in LA and SFO) that high-speed-rail program that seems to be going nowhere fast, and port improvements (airports and actual ports.) Money has also been siphoned out of the gas tax income for schools, fire prevention, wetland restoration, the "green building" program, food and agriculture programs and recycling.

Public assistance programs (MediCal, CalFresh, Healthy Families, Cal Children's health, Access for Infants and Mothers, Medicare expansion etc) come out of the general fund.

billvon

>@ gas prices, . . . Someone has to pay for those that wish to live off the system, right?

Yes - although those two statements don't really have anything to do with each other. Gas taxes are allocated to a lot of programs, including highway patrol, road repairs and improvements, transit in general (subways in LA and SFO) that high-speed-rail program that seems to be going nowhere fast, and port improvements (airports and actual ports.) Money has also been siphoned out of the gas tax income for schools, fire prevention, wetland restoration, the "green building" program, food and agriculture programs and recycling.

Public assistance programs (MediCal, CalFresh, Healthy Families, Cal Children's health, Access for Infants and Mothers, Medicare expansion etc) come out of the general fund.

I really never understood why there is not more of a push to keep people from just living off the system.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

I really never understood why there is not more of a push to keep people from just living off the system.[:/]

Like the Wall St. bankers, and CEOs of defense contractors.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Don't leave out the conservative congressional delegation thriving on farm subsidies.

At least one RSC member voted to increase his own subsidies while opposing nutrition assistance for some of the hungriest Americans: Rep. Fincher. He favored a proposal to slash food stamps (officially the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) by $39 billion over 10 years, but when it came time to trim his own lavish benefits, he turned tail and ran. (In 2012, Fincher received $70,000 in subsidies; that year, the annual benefit for SNAP recipients in Tennessee was $1,586.40.)

True conservatives would have pocketed the $40 billion from ending direct payments – and kept right on cutting. Reasonable reforms that were on the table – such as means testing, reasonable payment limits and trimming subsidies to insurance companies – could have saved another $40 billion.

So, what does it all mean? Don’t the fiscal conservatives in Congress recognize corporate welfare when it’s right in front of them?

Amazon

Don't leave out the conservative congressional delegation thriving on farm subsidies.

At least one RSC member voted to increase his own subsidies while opposing nutrition assistance for some of the hungriest Americans: Rep. Fincher. He favored a proposal to slash food stamps (officially the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) by $39 billion over 10 years, but when it came time to trim his own lavish benefits, he turned tail and ran. (In 2012, Fincher received $70,000 in subsidies; that year, the annual benefit for SNAP recipients in Tennessee was $1,586.40.)

True conservatives would have pocketed the $40 billion from ending direct payments – and kept right on cutting. Reasonable reforms that were on the table – such as means testing, reasonable payment limits and trimming subsidies to insurance companies – could have saved another $40 billion.

So, what does it all mean? Don’t the fiscal conservatives in Congress recognize corporate welfare when it’s right in front of them?

Yes. Those too.

>I really never understood why there is not more of a push to keep people from
>just living off the system.

There is a pretty large amount of effort spent trying to keep people off "the system" (PRWORA, non-cash benefits, TANF reform, CalWORKs etc.) But at some point you start hurting the people the programs were _intended_ to help. (That is, of course, some people's goal.)

billvon

>I really never understood why there is not more of a push to keep people from

There is a pretty large amount of effort spent trying to keep people off "the system" (PRWORA, non-cash benefits, TANF reform, CalWORKs etc.) But at some point you start hurting the people the programs were _intended_ to help. (That is, of course, some people's goal.)

I don't believe that is their goal, but ther maybe a minuscule amount that think that way.

I just have a hard time digesting that there at as many people that need the systems help as simply want it so they don't have to work as hard.

turtlespeed

***>I really never understood why there is not more of a push to keep people from

I don't believe that is their goal, but ther maybe a minuscule amount that think that way.

I just have a hard time digesting that there at as many people that need the systems help as simply want it so they don't have to work as hard.

When those people like Rmoney the vulture capitalist buy up a company... raid the pension fund... sell off what assets are actually there and tell everyone their jobs now reside in China or Bangladesh...... a lot of people in need. The Rust Belt.... it has happened over and over again... those PATRIOTIC American OWNERS.... send off the jobs for fun and their personal fortunes... and screw the former middle class.

I would think all those PATRIOTS in the GOP would wish to do what is best for America.. but... nope.... did not and will not happen...[:/]

Amazon

******>I really never understood why there is not more of a push to keep people from

When those people like Rmoney the vulture capitalist buy up a company... raid the pension fund... sell off what assets are actually there and tell everyone their jobs now reside in China or Bangladesh...... a lot of people in need. The Rust Belt.... it has happened over and over again... those PATRIOTIC American OWNERS.... send off the jobs for fun and their personal fortunes... and screw the former middle class.

I would think all those PATRIOTS in the GOP would wish to do what is best for America.. but... nope.... did not and will not happen...[:/]

Yep that's why we need more trade agreements with funding to help reeducate the workers that lose there jobs to overseas caused by the trade agreements.:S:S
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

BartsDaddy

*********>I really never understood why there is not more of a push to keep people from

Yep that's why we need more trade agreements with funding to help reeducate the workers that lose there jobs to overseas caused by the trade agreements.:S:S

SCRAP all the trade agreements.... and if you want to do business in America.. you make it in America.

Invest in Americans.

Edited to ADD.....
And if you want to move your money offshore... you lose your citizenship.. as well as your family with NO right of return... EVER.