rushmc

....... he is driving the left to insanity:D

Of course some have already made the trip
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

ryoder

I read an interesting article the other day about Trump and his money. The author speculated that if he had simply put his money into something boring and did absolutely nothing expect live off the interest he would have been FAR better off than anything else he's actually done with it.

From post 34: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-probably-better-investing-donald-233020366.html

Utterly irrelevant. If he were to die tomorrow, like him or not, people would say about him: "He sure lived a life."

rushmc

....... he is driving the left to insanity:D

Of course some have already made the trip

It is a very short trip in RED states for all those who believe that anyone of this group of clowns could actually be a president of this country... just look at what happened with the Dick Cheneys act as Edgar Bergen to W's Charlie McCarthy B|

> Trump can't be POTUS and has no designs on it.

Again, he's more qualified than Cruz by right wing standards, and most republicans do not want him to drop out. (52% of registered republicans and right-leaning independents want him to stay in, per the latest CNN/ORC poll.)

It will be fun to see the GOP caught between a knee-jerk support of anyone over Hillary and their realization that this guy might actually turn out to be their candidate.

billvon

Again, he's more qualified than Cruz by right wing standards, and most republicans do not want him to drop out. (52% of registered republicans and right-leaning independents want him to stay in, per the latest CNN/ORC poll.)

It will be fun to see the GOP caught between a knee-jerk support of anyone over Hillary and their realization that this guy might actually turn out to be their candidate.

This may well turn into Trump versus Sanders. Hillary is imploding. She just seems disinterested. Her unwillingness to answer questions just means more are being asked.

Anyone but Hillary also means Sanders. And I haven't seen a candidate in my lifetime that has me so scared. I find him to be scarier than Rick Perry or Santorum ever were. And he is a very legitimate here at to get the Democratic nomination.

Trump V Sanders? Two giant windbags.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Yep. That would be an interesting race. Trump is a far better performer than Sanders, and thus would tend to dominate both press and debates. Will that be entertainment enough to overcome his positions on policy and governance?

Hillary is imploding.

If she does (though I'd caution everyone not to underestimate her resilience), I think there are those who would quickly step in and offer themselves as the "normal" alternative to Sanders. Andrew Cuomo comes to mind, for one example.

For part of the potential pool, here are lists of
Current Democratic Governors, and
Current Democratic Senators

I really don't see it as being either Trump or Sanders. "Weird" tends to fly early on, when it's still fun, kind of like looking through the beer goggles; but when the hangovers wear off, "normal(ish)" tends to rise to the top.

Andy9o8

Hillary is imploding.

If she does (though I'd caution everyone not to underestimate her resilience), I think there are those who would quickly step in and offer themselves as the "normal" alternative to Sanders. Andrew Cuomo comes to mind, for one example.

For part of the potential pool, here are lists of
Current Democratic Governors, and
Current Democratic Senators

I really don't see it as being either Trump or Sanders. "Weird" tends to fly early on, when it's still fun, kind of like looking through the beer goggles; but when the hangovers wear off, "normal(ish)" tends to rise to the top.

I'd like to say I agree with you. But the Internet is proving to be a game changer, in my mind. I'm seeing evrry day a new Bernie Sanders soundbite. It's not about the television soundbite. It's about the Internet meme.

Back in the day, we had kooky candidates whose early supporters didn't get heat much support themselves. Now there is an Internet, where a person with any weird or kooky thought of idea can find a community of like minded people. Rather than seekkng out different ideas or, as in the past, be exposed by osmosis to different thought processes, all one needs now is to find whatever site one agrees with to feel validated and participate in a political circle jerk.

Example? Until about a decade ago I had no idea there were so many other libertarians out there. Now I can find whatever I want to support my thought process. Are you a flat earther? A moon hoaxer? You can find others who agree with you. Thus making reason much more difficult to accomplish.

I'm seeing this one happening. People I consider friends and intelligent and reasonable who are just getting more hateful. And all of them linking to stuff they see that encourages their beliefs. (Like those folks who link to alternet. Or when one links to wattsupwiththat in response to skepticalscience. Both have agendas that color their information).

This is why I can absolutely see Trump and Sanders. Both sides doubling down on the Fuck You. Not about reason but voting for whomever will piss off the other side more.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Amazon

“He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, OK? I hate to tell you. He's a war hero because he was captured, OK? And I believe — perhaps he's a war hero. But right now, he's said some very bad things about a lot of people,” Trump said.

Please, put the ENTIRE statement in there, don't just cherrypick the words that support your argument. It's a common trick and ploy of the press on both sides of the fence. IMHO, the complete statement should be the honest measure to provide the complete context.

In full disclosure, I'm not a Trump fan up or down but Trump is coming back at McCain for calling him (Trump) and those who support him a bunch of crazy loonies or words to that effect. Apparently, Trump has hit a nerve in an area that is out of bounds i.e. McCain's service as a POW.

Love him or hate him, Trump is mixing it up so to speak and since American politics can (and usually is) a contact blood sport, it is what it is.

You have to admit... ole John.... was kind of rough on government property....

He was shot down in one jet.
He had an engine failure in another jet and it crashed despite his efforts to relight the engine.
He crashed into Corpus Cristi Bay...crash cause undetermined
He clipped some power lines in Spain, but plane did not crash
He was in a jet on the USS Forestall that was hit by rocket fired across the flight deck from another jet.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_mccain_crash_five_planes_did_he.html

Yes, but you know naval aviation is extremely dangerous. I can't fault someone for being involved in that, or for being shot down. Many were. Yes, he was involved in some mishaps. That doesn't mean he was unsafe, it just means he was involved in some mishaps. Bad things happen despite all the precautions because CV operations are very risky.

I have seen the recent attempt to "Swift-Boat" McCain, stating that he was transferred off the Forrestal immediately after the accident, implying that he was somehow being covered for causing the mishap. Total BS by those with an axe to grind: the Forrestal was badly damaged by the mishap and was out of commission for TWO YEARS...of course McCain was transferred to another carrier. Politics in the US...quite ugly these days.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

lawrocket

This is why I can absolutely see Trump and Sanders. Both sides doubling down on the Fuck You. Not about reason but voting for whomever will piss off the other side more.

Someone with some clout needs to educate citizens on their responsibility of voting and the power they have - not just to elect an asshole, but to demand a decent representative.
I don't know whether that's a SNL bit, or a FOX & CNN combined segment, but somehow the people who actually get through to voters (the media celebrities) need to tell people that they don't need to stand for a choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche.

And they need to keep telling people that...

Bring on some public content to balance the bullshit political advertising.

The biggest problem I have is that I don't think there's a single candidate who seriously thinks the job is to actually represent the people. Everyone is in it for a personal power trip and the acclaim of their own party and only a giant 'Fuck you' to ALL parties will get the message across that this is unacceptable.

yoink

Someone with some clout needs to educate citizens on their responsibility of voting and the power they have - not just to elect an asshole, but to demand a decent representative.
I don't know whether that's a SNL bit, or a FOX & CNN combined segment, but somehow the people who actually get through to voters (the media celebrities) need to tell people that they don't need to stand for a choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche.

And they need to keep telling people that...

Bring on some public content to balance the bullshit political advertising.

The biggest problem I have is that I don't think there's a single candidate who seriously thinks the job is to actually represent the people. Everyone is in it for a personal power trip and the acclaim of their own party and only a giant 'Fuck you' to ALL parties will get the message across that this is unacceptable.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A. Heinlein

Hi rocket,

This may well turn into Trump versus Sanders. Hillary is imploding.

In your dreams.

Bernie does have something to say. But, he is a Ross Perot-type of candidate. He is going nowhere because he simply does not have the base to go anywhere.

HRC simply needs to keep on doing what she is doing to walk into the White House. IMO it is her election to lose.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi rocket,

This may well turn into Trump versus Sanders. Hillary is imploding.

In your dreams.

Bernie does have something to say. But, he is a Ross Perot-type of candidate. He is going nowhere because he simply does not have the base to go anywhere.

HRC simply needs to keep on doing what she is doing to walk into the White House. IMO it is her election to lose.

Jerry Baumchen

HRC numbers are dropping and Sanders has been drawing crowds much bigger than Hillary
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

oneavatar

No one seems to remember that it was John Mccain who launched a missile from his parker fighter jet on an aircraft carrier that killed many fellow service men and cost millions of FRN to repair the boat from the fire he started!

No one remembers it that way, because that is not what happened.
Too bad there isn't someplace we could look that up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_USS_Forrestal_fire
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

oneavatar

No one seems to remember that it was John Mccain who launched a missile from his parker fighter jet on an aircraft carrier that killed many fellow service men and cost millions of FRN to repair the boat from the fire he started!

I checked your one other post on this site to see if it was as fucking stupid as this one.

It was.

oneavatar

Yeah, just like no-one seems to remember that oneavatar taught Timothy McVeigh how to make explosives!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***Well that was rude.

No, it was true.

Check it for yourself, you won't disagree!

nonsense - those are not mutually exclusive statements

and, since both, Andy's and Anvil's statements are value judgments, I'm not sure if we can resolve it explicitly here if we wanted to

I tell you what, though, if someone wants to just fly by and dump two posts on the site, those are ones to plant and run away. But I've seen worse, and thankfully better.

AND - Andy punted, it didn't live up to his normally excellent and high level of insult in his repertroire. The guy just didn't earn it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Well, he had to make sure the subject actually understood the insult. Small words were called for.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Well, he had to make sure the subject actually understood the insult. Small words were called for.

Wendy P.

+1

I agree.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun