quade

Donald Trump mocks John McCain's military record - LA Times

>Al Franken in 2002 said nearly the same thing about McCain. Where was the outrage?

There was none. As he made clear (and as McCain understood) Franken was joking. Are you claiming that Trump is joking?

(this ought to be good)

Amazing. His numbers are up. In the end Paul, you and your left buddies will treat all
Republicans the same. Dems will be given a pass for anything said that is similar. Al Franken comes to mind. Dont wallow to long in your guilt please
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>Al Franken in 2002 said nearly the same thing about McCain. Where was the outrage?

There was none. As he made clear (and as McCain understood) Franken was joking. Are you claiming that Trump is joking?

(this ought to be good)

Not defending Trump. But I am enjoying him saying fuck you to the loony left attackers. On that point I agree with him
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Hmmm

Al Franken in 2002 said nearly the same thing about McCain. Where was the outrage?

Draw your own conclusions

Really? I dont give a fuck[:/]

now that right there is comedy GOLD......

rushmc

>Because the party heads there are RINO's

And apparently all the republicans there, in an area that is very traditionally republican, are all RINO's too. Only the extremists are the REAL republicans.

>Please sir, keep trying.

Sure; and you, sir, keep losing.

NO, not losing cause I agree with you in part. THAT my friend was ( and you missed it) THE POINT!

:D

All you lefties need to stop trying to define the republican party. You all got enough problems of your own.

Listening to you and yours got us a sure looser in McCain. I am sure you all want to do it again.

And.....

rushmc

we're not going to get dissenting fiscal conservatives like Libertarians in office who are opposed to deficit spending.

Recall that John McCain (the latest Republican standard bearer) had voted against tax cuts because they were not balanced by spending cuts, and he was opposed to the increase in deficit spending.

While I'm not necessarily a huge fan of FPP voting, I think PR has it's own problems. I'll make another post with those thoughts, though.

McCain may have carried the banner but, as close as he gets to that tittle would be RINO

rushmc

***>Al Franken in 2002 said nearly the same thing about McCain. Where was the outrage?

(this ought to be good)

Not defending Trump. But I am enjoying him saying fuck you to the loony left attackers. On that point I agree with him

So Trump complains that McCain labeled his follows as "crazy". How does Trump respond? Acting crazy.

The positive side to all this Donald idiocy? He makes the rest of the GOP look like serious candidates.

>Not defending Trump. But

General Speaker's Corner rule - when someone says (dubious claim) followed by "but" - you can ignore said dubious claim.

I am going to enjoy seeing the right wing wrap itself around the axle as they try to condemn someone who is downright toxic to their party while defending him him from democratic attacks. Often in the same sentence.

billvon

General Speaker's Corner rule - when someone says (dubious claim) followed by "but" - you can ignore said dubious claim.

I am going to enjoy seeing the right wing wrap itself around the axle as they try to condemn someone who is downright toxic to their party while defending him him from democratic attacks. Often in the same sentence.

It's already been sort of fun.. watching them defend McCain.... while so many of the usual suspects have been deriding him as long as I can remember since I have been here on Dizzy Dot Com and SC in particular as too liberal... or a RINO.. and on and on....:D:D:D

billvon

You are doing nothing different than years past

I enjoy you following your leaders
Abraham Lincoln

jclalor

******>Al Franken in 2002 said nearly the same thing about McCain. Where was the outrage?

(this ought to be good)

So Trump complains that McCain labeled his follows as "crazy". How does Trump respond? Acting crazy.

The positive side to all this Donald idiocy? He makes the rest of the GOP look like serious candidates.

Trump screwed the pooch.

Still he gets different treatment that stupid democrats
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

You mean like, "John Kallend is a very intelligent man, but, all he has is a PHD in physics."?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

jclalor

So Trump complains that McCain labeled his follows as "crazy". How does Trump respond?

he verbally strikes back with whatever he can manufacture in the instant - (in this case, verbal shoe gargling is prime fodder for evening entertainment and anyone looking to manufacture a complaint)

another reason Trump would be a bad leader - he's too sensitive and, apparently, strikes out at any perceive slight. And, you can't be flip in comments - no such thing on the national political stage.

that bluntness - the reason people like him, is the same reason he'll be buried

we actually do need someone honest and blunt, that still says what he means, not just the first pile of garbage that enters his head

there's still a disconnect where 99% of the people have no clue that 'honest and blunt' does not equal 'rude and mean' - heck look at speaker's corner for a microcosm of society

Edit: oh - and on the Franken thing - I'm a Minnesota resident and this has been on topic on various news outlets (both wings). - even the rabid liberals here are at least consistent. They say Al was an ass and should have been lambasted equally. Our rabid liberals are, at least, a bit more honest than their partisan, compulsively rationalizing, counterparts elsewhere. Of course, owning it now, but not previously, does let them wallow in the current situation without any real hurt on their man Franken. But still

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

billvon

>As he made clear (and as McCain understood) Franken was joking.

Al Franken, has never succeeded at making a single person laugh. He was, possibly, worse at acting and comedy, than he is at politics.

but, dog gone it, people like him

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***>As he made clear (and as McCain understood) Franken was joking.

Al Franken, has never succeeded at making a single person laugh. He was, possibly, worse at acting and comedy, than he is at politics.

He was a writer on Saturday Night Live for a long time.

I personally don't find him all that funny, but some people do.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

rehmwa

***>As he made clear (and as McCain understood) Franken was joking.

I don't like the food you like. Therefore, it is bad; and what's more, not a single other person likes it.

Andy9o8

******>As he made clear (and as McCain understood) Franken was joking.

I don't like the food you like. Therefore, it is bad; and what's more, not a single other person likes it.

that's the spirit

RonD1120

Well put and I agree.

BTW, are you a Nam Vet? I always thought of you as too young. Was I wrong?

The youngest Nam vets are probably pushing 70 by now... if you were 18 in 1975 (the year the war ended) and served... you'd be about 68 now
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

***Well put and I agree.

The youngest Nam vets are probably pushing 70 by now... if you were 18 in 1975 (the year the war ended) and served... you'd be about 68 now

About ten years off. If you were 18 in 75' you'd be about 58
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******Well put and I agree.

About ten years off. If you were 18 in 75' you'd be about 58

whoops... I stand corrected. Didn't write it out. So sue me. :P
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!