quade

Donald Trump mocks John McCain's military record - LA Times

Here is an article arguing that Trump is really a liberal who is just trolling the GOP: http://wittybitches.com/2015/06/is-donald-trump-actually-a-liberal/

That reminds me of another liberal, (Carroll O'Connor), who played a conservative character, (Archie Bunker), so convincingly, that people like my old man totally missed the fact that "Archie Bunker" was a caricature.

Hey, maybe if we are lucky, Trump will go "full Bulworth": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0SgQKpWGD4
:D:D:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Anvilbrother

I would love to hear the rest too. I can't imagine any type of fill in text that would make what he said in any way justified.

I guess that ole homily..."thank you for your service" only applies if the politics align.....

chickenhawks of the Neo-Conned GOP be chickenhawking anyone not ditty-bopping along to the same tune they are playing for a while now.... and truthfully I never knew how John got as far as he did.... since so many in the party have been calling him a liberal or a RINO for most of his senatorial career

This has nothing to do with politics whatsoever. Its a side show for a narcissistic billionaire looking to get back in the light to pull off some new tv show. Please dont equate Trump to anyone in the political realm HP has it right it is only entertainment.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

I would love to hear the rest too. I can't imagine any type of fill in text that would make what he said in any way justified.

Here is the appearance in its entirety from start to finish.

https://youtu.be/USJAgIxhU6o

Fuck you, Trump.

And to the people in the audience who applauded and thought it was "funny," fuck you too.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I might not agree with everything McCain has to say about every topic, but I highly respect the man and what he went through.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you, Trump.

Fuck McCain.

He is a war monger, he wants innocent people to die so he a get contracts for those that support him financially.

He has been through war, he knows what it means to be shot at. And he wishes people to go through that as well for the geopolitical and personal advancements of the wealthy.

He is a cunt, Trump is a cunt most of them are cunts.

Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul seem to to be making the most sense to me. I am neither left not right I vote for common sense when I vote.

But that is politics.

Fuck you , Fuck you fuck you McCain, you should be dead already.

The issue IMHO is not context it is completeness that provides a greater clarity to both the issue and the incident and nowhere have I alluded to nor implied questioning context in the two prior postings.

We will agree that Trump went over the line on this one. Senator McCain has enough to question and criticize in his political career without bringing up his harrowing days as a POW or the performance of his military duties as a combat pilot.

With respect to your belief in my "intellectual auto-eroticism," I would think as a moderator you have the responsibility to a higher standard of word usage. The first time is a mistake and the second time will be ignorance in which case I can think of a few "choice ones" to return the favor.

Trump as President would be like Jesse Ventura as Governor of Minnesota:

1 - Embarassment - frequent putting of foot into mouth. Statements, true or false, depend on delivery also.
2 - Opposition - total lack of understanding that #1 is prime bait for opponents to strawman comments to make hay out of them
3 - Naivete - thinks it's the "boss" job, and will learn fast that it's the opposite, there is no 'decree' of what he thinks is right, just the opposite (unless BHO's exec orders thing goes even farther)
4 - More Opposition - constant attempts to take him down on even the tiniest things

Clearly he's not ready for politics, idiotic slips of the tongue like this, while entertaining on a state or local level, could be tragic on the world stage. Especially when the opposition is hypersensitive to things like this.

One thing I'm watching, is the other rep candidates. The ones that are ridiculously outraged (Rick Perry example is a good one) show they clearly have too much emotion invested to also be an effective leader. Calm and cool is what I want in a leader - too much passion (real or posed) is something I have no interest in seeing in someone that has to make big decisions.

Edit: I have a general rule - as soon as a politician demands an "apology" for any verbal gaff, and especially if they insist the apology be extended to a large voting ground - I don't waste any more time listening to that guy. Petty semantic politics is so ridiculously cosmetic as to be pointless, and it's 100% for the ignorant and hyperemotional elements of the populace. Showboating wastes our taxdollars

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

Trump as President would be like Jesse Ventura as Governor of Minnesota:

1 - Embarassment - frequent putting of foot into mouth. Statements, true or false, depend on delivery also.
2 - Opposition - total lack of understanding that #1 is prime bait for opponents to strawman comments to make hay out of them
3 - Naivete - thinks it's the "boss" job, and will learn fast that it's the opposite, there is no 'decree' of what he thinks is right, just the opposite (unless BHO's exec orders thing goes even farther)
4 - More Opposition - constant attempts to take him down on even the tiniest things

Clearly he's not ready for politics, idiotic slips of the tongue like this, while entertaining on a state or local level, could be tragic on the world stage. Especially when the opposition is hypersensitive to things like this.

One thing I'm watching, is the other rep candidates. The ones that are ridiculously outraged (Rick Perry example is a good one) show they clearly have too much emotion invested to also be an effective leader. Calm and cool is what I want in a leader - too much passion (real or posed) is something I have no interest in seeing in someone that has to make big decisions.

Exactly... having tact is a requirement in politics. Clearly Trump does not have it.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

having tact is a requirement in politics.

Whaaa?? Seriously? In what world?

OK, my reply is over-stated, but shit, man, some of the most successful politicians have been fucking assholes who behave like fucking assholes. And it's not just US politics, or some Third World countries. Look, for example, at politics in Australia. Everybody at the top echelons of national and provincial politics keeps their long knives well-sharpened, and bloody.

But get back to US politics. Joe McCarthy, Lyndon Johnson, George Wallace, Newt Gingrich, Scott Walker, Ted Cruz... you think they got ahead by being tactful? Certainly not.

Boomerdog

The issue IMHO is not context it is completeness that provides a greater clarity to both the issue and the incident and nowhere have I alluded to nor implied questioning context in the two prior postings.

"IMHO, the complete statement should be the honest measure to provide the complete context. "

Muppet:S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

quade

Donald Trump mocks John McCain's military record as war hero, drawing swift GOP rebukes

DDonald Trump, who has spent weeks at or near the top of the Republican presidential primary polls, mocked Sen. John McCain's war record as a POW in Vietnam on Saturday, drawing immediate condemnation from some of his GOP opponents.

“He’s a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said in Iowa, referring to McCain, an Arizona Republican who spent more than five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam. “I like people who weren't captured."

Source: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-trump-mccain-20150718-story.html

Seriously? Fuck you, Trump. Fuck you.

I might not agree with everything McCain has to say about every topic, but I highly respect the man and what he went through.

So Trump's a dick. What else is new?

McCain is a serious fuckhead. Having Palin as a running mate should be some clue as to his credibility.

All expenses paid at the Hanoi Hilton was no bargain, but using the sunroof in an A-4 doesn't make him Audie Murphy.

Lyndon Johnson got a Silver Star for being a passenger aboard a B-17 that never got within range of a single Japanese aircraft (the citation was a marvel of creative writing). A DSC for getting shot down is not much better.

I have less seething contempt for Trump than I do most of what has crawled from under one rock or another to enter the race for the Oval Office (on either side). Like the Mormon the last time around, at least he knows the difference between black and red ink, and has shown the ability to turn a profit.

To come out and say " is an asshole" is kind of a waste of bandwidth. I would think much more of McCain had he stayed out of politics; as it is, he is fair game.

The fact that Trump does not treat McCain with kid gloves simply shows that he is true to form.

BSBD,

Winsor

I've heard it claimed that mccain was a crappy pilot who only kept getting replacement planes for the ones he was crashing because of who his dad was.

I have no idea if there's any veracity to this, mind you.
cavete terrae.

grue

I've heard it claimed that mccain was a crappy pilot who only kept getting replacement planes for the ones he was crashing because of who his dad was.

There is no such thing as a carrier qualified naval aviator that is also a crappy pilot.

jclalor

***I've heard it claimed that mccain was a crappy pilot who only kept getting replacement planes for the ones he was crashing because of who his dad was.

There is no such thing as a carrier qualified naval aviator that is also a crappy pilot.

Duuude he is an Ace.... with five downed aircraft

http://www.correntewire.com/john_mccain_fighter_ace_destroyed_five_us_planes

Don't misunderstand. This is not to disrespect McCain or denigrate his service. It's to suggest, strongly, that in light of what a younger and arguably less (flight-related) accident-prone Republican President has achieved in the past two terms, accepting McCain as just like Bush might seriously understate the potential consequences to the nation. Bush's loss of his combat-readiness credential has been documented here and elsewhere in the past. But John McCain crashed five US Navy planes, and that's on the record. Moreover, he was involved in, if not instrumental to, the worst accident ever onboard a US Navy aircraft carrier -- the USS Forrestal fire.

Bush, George W. (aka George Bush Junior.) Texas Air National Guard Lt. and F-102 pilot. Son of a serving Congressman and Navy fighter pilot, G. H. W. Bush, former director of the CIA; grandson of financier Prescott Bush. Something happened to his ability to fly. He flunked -- or skipped, if not both -- a flight physical. He's famous for answering challenges that he actually crashed a TxANG Delta Dagger -- maybe while Flying Under the Influence, maybe not -- by saying, "Where's the plane?"

McCain, John. Grandson of a US Navy admiral. Son of a US Navy admiral. Fighter pilot aboard the Forrestal -- in one of the A-4 Skyhawk aircraft destroyed in the fire -- one of, if not the, first aircraft affected when a Phantom loosed a rocket on the deck (hat tip to DKos poster Timpanogus). Forty-one years ago, the Navy yanked McCain out of a burning plane -- and off the carrier where it caught fire. He was transferred immediately. The plane was recorded as a crash, credited to McCain. His fifth and final crash resulted from being shot down over Vietnam. One of McCain's wrecks is on the bottom of Corpus Christi Bay; one's in Iberia; one was jettisoned over the side of the Forrestal during that god-awful inferno that killed 134 sailors that same day, destroyed more than 20 combat aircraft, and sent the ship into drydock so long she never went back to Southeast Asia air operations.

Did you fact-check that snippet? It's a bit massaged.
2 of his crashes as a young pilot could & should probably have been avoided.
3rd crash was an engine-out of undetermined cause. Yeah, he was an arrogant hot shot back then.
But in any event, then he went to Nam. Pretty much voluntarily. As contrasted with Trump, who availed himself of multiple deferments, Cheney-style.
The 4th incident which the author smarms up was when he was in a plane on the Forrestal deck when another plane on deck accidentally fired off a missile and hit the plane next to McCain's. I find the article author's characterization of that incident, and McCain's "involvement" in it, to be pretty scuzzy.
Then he got shot down. You know, while placing himself in the line of enemy fire and staying on bomb run instead of juking when he got toned.
PS, while he was a POW, Charlie offered to release him out of turn because he was an admiral's kid, but he told them to fuck off, and endured quite some more turture as his reward. Yes, very cowardly.

No doubt, McCain has used his POW status to give himself quite a ride. He turned himself into a classic politician, and in his personal life was apparently somewhat of a philanderer. But facts are facts, and spin is spin, and I see the latest swift-boating of McCain as pretty scummy. I'm very glad he and Palin lost the election, but he really doesn't deserve this installment of smear.

quade

Donald Trump mocks John McCain's military record as war hero, drawing swift GOP rebukes

DDonald Trump, who has spent weeks at or near the top of the Republican presidential primary polls, mocked Sen. John McCain's war record as a POW in Vietnam on Saturday, drawing immediate condemnation from some of his GOP opponents.

“He’s a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said in Iowa, referring to McCain, an Arizona Republican who spent more than five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam. “I like people who weren't captured."

Source: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-trump-mccain-20150718-story.html

Seriously? Fuck you, Trump. Fuck you.

He needs to be face palmed by the Hulk.:S
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hi Andy,

he really doesn't deserve this installment of smear.

John McCain gave the most gracious concession speech that I have ever heard when he lost to Pres. Obama. Kudos to him; even if I did not vote for him.

Anyone who thinks he lacks total class ( yea, some I acknowledge ) should try to find it and listen to it.

Jerry Baumchen

Andy9o8

Did you fact-check that snippet? It's a bit massaged.
2 of his crashes as a young pilot could & should probably have been avoided.
3rd crash was an engine-out of undetermined cause. Yeah, he was an arrogant hot shot back then.
But in any event, then he went to Nam. Pretty much voluntarily. As contrasted with Trump, who availed himself of multiple deferments, Cheney-style.
The 4th incident which the author smarms up was when he was in a plane on the Forrestal deck when another plane on deck accidentally fired off a missile and hit the plane next to McCain's. I find the article author's characterization of that incident, and McCain's "involvement" in it, to be pretty scuzzy.
Then he got shot down. You know, while placing himself in the line of enemy fire and staying on bomb run instead of juking when he got toned.
PS, while he was a POW, Charlie offered to release him out of turn because he was an admiral's kid, but he told them to fuck off, and endured quite some more turture as his reward. Yes, very cowardly.

No doubt, McCain has used his POW status to give himself quite a ride. He turned himself into a classic politician, and in his personal life was apparently somewhat of a philanderer. But facts are facts, and spin is spin, and I see the latest swift-boating of McCain as pretty scummy. I'm very glad he and Palin lost the election, but he really doesn't deserve this installment of smear.

While I am not willing to smear him.. as you say... he has always been a man whose little head certainly ruled the big one. That seemed to be common in the Tailhook era when he was a pilot. BUT it has ruled his life.... leaving a woman who stood by him while he was a POW..while many wives split...and that devastated the guys residing in the Hanoi Hilton... over and over. The NVA interrogators were very good at handing out ANY bad news to our POWS... it was just what they did.... but that little head thinking reared its ugly little head when he got home to his disabled wife... he left her. It appeared once again many years later in his selection of Sarah.
As far as his Naval career if he had not been an Admirals kid and an Admirals Grandkid.. do you think he would have been retained as long as he was? He lost 5 airplanes.... a pilot achieves the status of Ace if he destroys 5 airplanes.... hmmmm:ph34r:

Hmmm

Al Franken in 2002 said nearly the same thing about McCain. Where was the outrage?

Draw your own conclusions

Really? I dont give a fuck[:/]

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln