quade

Donald Trump mocks John McCain's military record - LA Times

Donald Trump mocks John McCain's military record as war hero, drawing swift GOP rebukes

DDonald Trump, who has spent weeks at or near the top of the Republican presidential primary polls, mocked Sen. John McCain's war record as a POW in Vietnam on Saturday, drawing immediate condemnation from some of his GOP opponents.

“He’s a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said in Iowa, referring to McCain, an Arizona Republican who spent more than five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam. “I like people who weren't captured."

Source: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-trump-mccain-20150718-story.html

Seriously? Fuck you, Trump. Fuck you.

I might not agree with everything McCain has to say about every topic, but I highly respect the man and what he went through.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you, Trump.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hi Paul,

Donald Trump, who has spent weeks at or near the top of the Republican presidential primary polls

I might not agree with everything McCain has to say about every topic, but I highly respect the man and what he went through.

I agree. What I continue to wonder is just how the Republicans can continue to have this loony toon at the top of the polls.

Maybe it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) A few years back I read where all 'The Donald' really want is ink; and he is sure getting that. :S

Donald Trump, who has spent weeks at or near the top of the Republican presidential primary polls,

Whaaaaaat?:o

A lot of people criticize Obama over foreign relations, but are there seriously voters in the US who want to hold Trump up to the rest of the world and say "This guy. This guy is the best we've got"?:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I don't believe these "polls". I have many friends who are different levels of republican, independent, etc NONE of them like the guy they all say it's a publicity stunt. I think the poll makers are just egging this retard on for more stories like Paul's. Eventually he WILL drop out and the more dedicated level headed sane(ish) candidates will emerge.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I think the people who pick Trump in the polls would never vote for him in a real election. I take his poll success as a sign that people are unhappy with the rest of the choices, and pick Trump to express their disappointment. I don't think anyone, including the people responding to polls, takes him setiously.

- Dan G

I don't think it was me. So, maybe it was me and a slip of the finger, but I have not had any reasons to move my finger anywhere near that button in this thread.

Not certain why it was stickied. I unstickied it.
quade -

don't think it was me. So, maybe it was me and a slip of the finger, but I have not had any reasons to move my finger anywhere near that button in this thread.

"An intern was responsible"- Trump Your fired Quade

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

This is absolutely magnificent political theater. I would love to see Mr. Trump win the Republican nomination for the presidential election. There would be popcorn and laughs every night. The media would be crazy with delight. Hell, he might even win the whole thing. Then we'd have four years of this spectacular show. Go all in on this guy, red states. Let's start this party. B|

“He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, OK? I hate to tell you. He's a war hero because he was captured, OK? And I believe — perhaps he's a war hero. But right now, he's said some very bad things about a lot of people,” Trump said.

Please, put the ENTIRE statement in there, don't just cherrypick the words that support your argument. It's a common trick and ploy of the press on both sides of the fence. IMHO, the complete statement should be the honest measure to provide the complete context.

In full disclosure, I'm not a Trump fan up or down but Trump is coming back at McCain for calling him (Trump) and those who support him a bunch of crazy loonies or words to that effect. Apparently, Trump has hit a nerve in an area that is out of bounds i.e. McCain's service as a POW.

Love him or hate him, Trump is mixing it up so to speak and since American politics can (and usually is) a contact blood sport, it is what it is.

Hi Andy,

This is absolutely magnificent political theater.

Yuppers. I remember when Clinton was coming to the end of his 2nd term and Jay Leno said, in his monologue, 'I'm going miss that guy.'

Can you just imagine how the stand-up comics would have field days with Trump at the head of the ticket?

B|

Actually, think of the field days all of us are having now; and it's just getting started.

:P

Jerry Baumchen

Boomerdog

“He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, OK? I hate to tell you. He's a war hero because he was captured, OK? And I believe — perhaps he's a war hero. But right now, he's said some very bad things about a lot of people,” Trump said.

Please, put the ENTIRE statement in there, don't just cherrypick the words that support your argument. It's a common trick and ploy of the press on both sides of the fence. IMHO, the complete statement should be the honest measure to provide the complete context.

In full disclosure, I'm not a Trump fan up or down but Trump is coming back at McCain for calling him (Trump) and those who support him a bunch of crazy loonies or words to that effect. Apparently, Trump has hit a nerve in an area that is out of bounds i.e. McCain's service as a POW.

Love him or hate him, Trump is mixing it up so to speak and since American politics can (and usually is) a contact blood sport, it is what it is.

You have to admit... ole John.... was kind of rough on government property....

He was shot down in one jet.
He had an engine failure in another jet and it crashed despite his efforts to relight the engine.
He crashed into Corpus Cristi Bay...crash cause undetermined
He clipped some power lines in Spain, but plane did not crash
He was in a jet on the USS Forestall that was hit by rocket fired across the flight deck from another jet.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_mccain_crash_five_planes_did_he.html

Boomerdog

Please, put the ENTIRE statement in there, don't just cherrypick the words that support your argument.

Ummm... There was nothing "cherry picked" about the quote.

Trump is a complete asshat. Feel free to google his words on the subject and tell me what I was misrepresenting here.
quade -

quade

Donald Trump mocks John McCain's military record as war hero, drawing swift GOP rebukes

DDonald Trump, who has spent weeks at or near the top of the Republican presidential primary polls, mocked Sen. John McCain's war record as a POW in Vietnam on Saturday, drawing immediate condemnation from some of his GOP opponents.

“He’s a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said in Iowa, referring to McCain, an Arizona Republican who spent more than five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam. “I like people who weren't captured."

Source: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-trump-mccain-20150718-story.html

Seriously? Fuck you, Trump. Fuck you.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you, Trump.

What's most bewildering is the attention he's getting with his outrageous statements. He's made the top headline with this statement in many news outlets, including BBC.

Isn't it best just to ignore him -- or at least cover him as HuffPo will?

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Ummm... There was nothing "cherry picked" about the quote.

To not use the whole quote is a cherrypick.

In this period of political discourse and the crucial issues of the day, gotcha soundbites and cherrypicking quotes only further the useless political theater and unneeded drama.

It was nice to see Bush Sr being released from the hospital today... Despite the fact that he's a total loser for being shot down by the Japenesse In WW2. The only thing that saved him from absolute disgrace was being lucky enough to be plucked from the Pacific by the right boat and avoiding capture.

jclalor

It was nice to see Bush Sr being released from the hospital today... Despite the fact that he's a total loser for being shot down by the Japenesse In WW2. The only thing that saved him from absolute disgrace was being lucky enough to be plucked from the Pacific by the right boat and avoiding capture.

And don't forget JFK;
The loser lost a perfectly good PT boat to the Japanese.>:(
:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***It was nice to see Bush Sr being released from the hospital today... Despite the fact that he's a total loser for being shot down by the Japenesse In WW2. The only thing that saved him from absolute disgrace was being lucky enough to be plucked from the Pacific by the right boat and avoiding capture.

And don't forget JFK;
The loser lost a perfectly good PT boat to the Japanese.>:(
:D

Well, he was from Massachusetts. The way they drive there, the accident was probably his fault.

:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo