Driver1

Four US Marines dead in suspected domestic terror attack

FUCK YOU FUCKING TOWELHEAD PRICK! Mad

Way to stay classy. [yoda]The confederation is strong with this one![/yoda]

Did you have a similar rant about white people for the batman/south carolina shooting?
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

Unfortunately I think we are going to start seeing more attacks similar to this in the US. We have been fortunate in the past that not many fanatics tried attacks on our soil. But times have changed.:(

Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

To quote Chris Rock "what happened to just being crazy"?

The Aurora shooting immediately goes to "what was his mental state"? whereas if the person is Muslim, it immediately goes "Islam is trying to destroy America"
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Driver1

Update:
It appears the gunman has been identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez....

So I wonder what the motive is going to be?[:/]

One of the Marines that died was identified as a war hero with 2 purple hearts. It's a shame he wasn't allowed to defend himself.

I think we could have saved their lives if we had a few more "This is a Gun Free Zone" stickers and signs up around these areas.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

True. What I don't get is how this arsehole could just drive on to the base in the first place? Strange, time the US woke up to what we Brits have been living with for years and internal terror threat, I mean its not like it hasn't existed at all in the USA for a while now but they just seem to ignore it and cross their fingers.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

DanG

I think we could have saved their lives if we had a few more "This is a Gun Free Zone" stickers and signs up around these areas.

Do you think the United States Marines are gun-o-phobes?

Sarcasm dude. As stated one was a war hero. I think if they had am M-4 instead of a sign, the results would have been different.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Driver1

Sorry Billvon, my anger got the best of me. I realized we have a muslim poster on here.

Ah we see what you did there. Kind of like:

edit: inbred redneck post deleted
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

The Aurora shooting immediately goes to "what was his mental state"? whereas if the person is Muslim, it immediately goes "Islam is trying to destroy America"

There are a few issues. On one hand, white guys have had a decent monopoly on mass casualty shootings in the US (Virginia Tech being an exception). And when white guys do a mass shooting there is usually the initial assumption that they are crazy. And are often correct.

But Muslims are coming on strong. Are they crazy? This becomes an interesting topic. Because we can fairly easily presume a motive. Their beliefs (not all of them. But all it takes is a few bad apples to spoil the perception) are pretty contrary to the secular or even religious beliefs of the US or other western democracies.

Is a Muslim mass shooter crazy? It's not an easy question to answer.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Skyrad

True. What I don't get is how this arsehole could just drive on to the base in the first place? Strange, time the US woke up to what we Brits have been living with for years and internal terror threat, I mean its not like it hasn't existed at all in the USA for a while now but they just seem to ignore it and cross their fingers.

The shooting was at a recruiting office, not on base.

RMK

considering isis tweeted claiming responsibility for the attack (yes it was 3 hours after the shooting). So unless isis is just riding the turds coat tails, its not a far stretch.

Interesting context, for whatever it may or may not be worth, may be lent by this article about the shooter and his family, which should be read in full:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/chattanooga-shooter-came-from-middle-class-muslim-family/2015/07/16/815c39c2-2c04-11e5-bd33-395c05608059_story.html?hpid=z2

TLDR
-He was offended by his last name bing on a watch list
-His dad was on the watch list and was removed
-Strict muslim family
-Sister left country because strict parents did not approve of her marriage choice

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Sarcasm dude. As stated one was a war hero. I think if they had am M-4 instead of a sign, the results would have been different

My point was that the "Gun Free Zone" was not in place because the Marines are anti-gun lefty nutjobs, which is the common place people are getting ready to go when they bring up the gun free zone thing.

Most likely, the Marines decided that having recruiters armed would not lead to the welcoming atmosphere they are trying to promote at a recruiting station. On most military bases, soldiers/sailors/airmen/Marines are not allowed to have privately owned weapons in their residences. The DoD has decided that the risk of suicide/accident/fratricide is higher than the risk of the base being attacked. So far, they are right.

- Dan G

jtiflyer

***True. What I don't get is how this arsehole could just drive on to the base in the first place? Strange, time the US woke up to what we Brits have been living with for years and internal terror threat, I mean its not like it hasn't existed at all in the USA for a while now but they just seem to ignore it and cross their fingers.

Two different locations. First one was a recruiting office, second one was a navy facility.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

jtiflyer

t they just seem to ignore it and cross their fingers.

The first shots were at a recruiting center - no one there was injured.
He then drove 6 miles to a training center where he killed 4 marines.

BBC are reporting no known links to terrorist organizations, so it may well be that ISIS are just claiming responsibility for the publicity.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33562479

Andy9o8

Interesting context, for whatever it may or may not be worth, may be lent by this article about the shooter and his family, which should be read in full:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/chattanooga-shooter-came-from-middle-class-muslim-family/2015/07/16/815c39c2-2c04-11e5-bd33-395c05608059_story.html?hpid=z2

Interesting quote on his senior high school picture...

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/07/chattanooga-gunman-was-uct-graduate-dui

RMK

***Sorry Billvon, my anger got the best of me. I realized we have a muslim poster on here.

Ah we see what you did there. Kind of like:

edit: inbred redneck post deleted

I don't give a fuck what YOU think.

I am neither. Born in the south, yes. But against the Confederate flag. And against dickheads from other countries being chickenshits shooting up places. :|