Amazon

Christianizing Textbooks in America

A creationist in charge. How any rational, reasoning, even remotely critical thinking person could ever believe in such nonsense is beyond me.

Not too surprising though. Since people are leaving the church in droves they need a new way to spread their message.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

tonyhays

A creationist in charge. How any rational, reasoning, even remotely critical thinking person could ever believe in such nonsense is beyond me.

Not too surprising though. Since people are leaving the church in droves they need a new way to spread their message.

I think we get a very clear display into the belly of the beast right here.... in SC

>A creationist in charge. How any rational, reasoning, even remotely critical thinking
>person could ever believe in such nonsense is beyond me.

A lot of people don't see it as a scientific or educational issue. They see it as "our side is losing" - and they don't want to lose.

tonyhays

You mean like those who are going ape shit over some guy that they believe has the power to unravel the fabric of our humanistic liberal society by dictating evil christian lies into every text book and brainwashing our defenseless little children?

tonyhays

What message is that? To believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Noah saved the dinosaurs?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Bout time someone started fighting back against the liberaleralizing of our textbooks
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>A creationist in charge. How any rational, reasoning, even remotely critical thinking
>person could ever believe in such nonsense is beyond me.

A lot of people don't see it as a scientific or educational issue. They see it as "our side is losing" - and they don't want to lose.

And they have a battle flag.

jakee

***Bout time someone started fighting back against the liberaleralizing of our textbooks

Thus perfectly demonstrating the truth of post #4.

Perfect example that magnifies my point
Abraham Lincoln

On another topic
I see you chose to ignore the tactic Bill uses
That being a preemptive strike to frame anyone who disagrees with some title that they will use to try and stop any debate

No different than calling someone bigoted or a racists
When in fact the majority of those who use those names and tactics are just projecting

It is a very disgusting thing to do
Abraham Lincoln

Amazon

***Bout time someone started fighting back against the liberaleralizing of our textbooks

I guess some people support ignorance and pass it off as education... but not surprised at all.

Exactly why liberals need to be stopped
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******Bout time someone started fighting back against the liberaleralizing of our textbooks

I guess some people support ignorance and pass it off as education... but not surprised at all.

The liberals are trying to take your precious fluids. Ok we get it General Ripper.....

rushmc

On another topic
I see you chose to ignore the tactic Bill uses
That being a preemptive strike to frame anyone who disagrees with some title that they will use to try and stop any debate

No different than calling someone bigoted or a racists
When in fact the majority of those who use those names and tactics are just projecting

Bill usually interjects a fact or reason. Stupidity should always be pointed out – not endorsed.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

rushmc

No different than calling someone bigoted or a racists...

Indeed. When presented with specific examples of things that lobbyists are trying to shoehorn into textbooks against the wishes of teachers and educators your response is that your just fighting back against 'Liberals, and things liberals do'.

No examples, just a blanket assumption that liberals are bad, and things liberals want must be bad. You're exactly right, it is disgusting:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rushmc

******Bout time someone started fighting back against the liberaleralizing of our textbooks

So what are they doing that needs to be stopped?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>So what are they doing that needs to be stopped?

"Exactly! They need to be stopped! Damn liberals. They just take, take, take and what do they give us? Nothing!"
"Right! Nothing! Except the Internet."
"Well, yeah, OK, they did a lot there. But that's it!"
"And the GI bill."
"OK, OK. But nothing else."
"And the 40-hour work week, and child labor laws."
"OK, well, but that's it."
"Oh, and the Apollo program. And public schools. And the rural electrical grid."
"Yes, but . . ."
"And the ADA, and national parks, and the Peace Corps, and modern civil rights, and the Clean Air Act, the Panama Canal, banning lead in paint . . . ."

"OK enough! Look, besides the Internet, and the GI bill, and the work week, and child labor laws, the Moon program, public schools, the grid, the ADA, parks, Peace Corps, lead paint bans and that canal and the Clean Air Act they have done NOTHING and need to be stopped before they do more of that!"

jakee

***No different than calling someone bigoted or a racists...

Indeed. When presented with specific examples of things that lobbyists are trying to shoehorn into textbooks against the wishes of teachers and educators your response is that your just fighting back against 'Liberals, and things liberals do'.

No examples, just a blanket assumption that liberals are bad, and things liberals want must be bad. You're exactly right, it is disgusting:|

Well, the flip-side to that is how people are using this as a blanket jab against religion without one word against the publishers who are catering to these people....but you know, they're just trying to make a buck! To hell with integrity - we just want to bitch about christians!
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour