masterblaster72

Nuclear Deal with Iran

Amazon

And you think that nuclear war is unlikely, impossible, or just inconceivable?

Why yes to all of the above!:|:|:|

I think the mullahs know there are not enough virgins in ten paradises for all the martyrs they would create with the use of just one nuclear weapon.

It's funny what people think is impossible, even by the deranged.

Did you ever have a Psyche 101 class???

Think of "in group- out group" dynamics... humans in the out group will tend to believe they have nothing to lose by doing outrageous acts to those who are "in-group"

I think it better to help them join the global society.... instead of being the terrorist supporting pariahs we have forced them into by our actions since their sacking of the embassy.

I think a better way to look at it is the Mullahs think of them selves as the in-group and western society as the out-group. The out-group keeps drawing their youth away and they can't have that so the out group must convert or die.

And if the out-group chooses to die that is just awesome! That means the in-group get a chance to die in service to Allah guaranteeing them their 72 virgins!

Western psychology does not really apply to these nut jobs. They are a special kind of fucked up all their own.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

I think the mullahs know there are not enough virgins in ten paradises for all the martyrs they would create with the use of just one nuclear weapon.

Think of "in group- out group" dynamics... humans in the out group will tend to believe they have nothing to lose by doing outrageous acts to those who are "in-group"

I think it better to help them join the global society.... instead of being the terrorist supporting pariahs we have forced them into by our actions since their sacking of the embassy.

I think a better way to look at it is the Mullahs think of them selves as the in-group and western society as the out-group. The out-group keeps drawing their youth away and they can't have that so the out group must convert or die.

And if the out-group chooses to die that is just awesome! That means the in-group get a chance to die in service to Allah guaranteeing them their 72 virgins!

Western psychology does not really apply to these nut jobs. They are a special kind of fucked up all their own.

So we get a face off of the Mullahs and the American Taliban that the Conservative STINK TANKS have been fostering.... now if we could just get all the whack-a-doodles they have created like Houser and let them kill each other off.... sounds like the perfect conservative wet dream.... lots of money to the Military industrial complex for the never ending war between cultures that the STINK TANKS need.

OUR GOD IS BETTER THAN YOUR GOD...... woo hoo a whole new Crusade.... 1000 years after the last ones.:S:S

Hopefully the sane among us will find a better solution.

Amazon

So we get a face off of the Mullahs and the American Taliban that the Conservative STINK TANKS have been fostering.... now if we could just get all the whack-a-doodles they have created like Houser and let them kill each other off.... sounds like the perfect conservative wet dream.... lots of money to the Military industrial complex for the never ending war between cultures that the STINK TANKS need.

OUR GOD IS BETTER THAN YOUR GOD...... woo hoo a whole new Crusade.... 1000 years after the last ones.:S:S

Hopefully the sane among us will find a better solution.

As I've said there is. After the crusades Christianity went through a reformation where we took a more humanist approach to religion. Life is a gift to be enjoyed.

Muslims have not. Life is to be suffered through until you can earn a seat next to Allah with your 72 virgins.

First, say terrorism is an Islamic problem. Call it what it is. Second, use our influence with the Saudi Royalty to get them to pressure the high clerics in Mecca (the most holy sunni site) to preach against Wahhabism (very strict and literal reading of the Koran) to bring about a reformation.

This will cut off ISIS from their most holy site and put them at odds with their spiritual leaders. And if they do that and we further develop and support relationships with regional leaders, the idea would be to watch ISIS die without a war.

But what do I know. I've only spent most of my adult life over here....:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Amazon

So what is your plan for Kim Jong un?

Not the same one that conservatives would wish to follow.

My father died in Korea.... how many more fathers do you think would have orphans should we follow the conservative playbook used in the last decade???

Be sure to provide white cowboy hats to everyone going over just to let them know the good sheriff is in town.

So, another non answer. Great.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

So what is your plan for Kim Jong un?

Not the same one that conservatives would wish to follow.

My father died in Korea.... how many more fathers do you think would have orphans should we follow the conservative playbook used in the last decade???

Be sure to provide white cowboy hats to everyone going over just to let them know the good sheriff is in town.

So, another non answer. Great.

I NEVER see you providing ANY answers.. just throwing out innane questions to redirect any and every thread.... well done.... except it gets us no where.
I hear there are good guys in White Hats taking off and heading out to Syria..... to fight alongside the Kurds..... perhaps you could talk a few Texicans into stepping up to solve all the worlds problems... like those other Texicans in white hats did... sending off other peoples kids.

http://www.savingjackiek.com/who/LBJ-Ranch-1972.jpg

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/att/site1/20070208/xin_5102040809367971309325.jpg#George%20Bush%20in%20cowboy%20hat%20450x368

I know.. lets send in these guys to arrest him for crimes against fashion.
http://www.texasranger.org/today/rangerstoday.htm

Amazon

***As I said, another non answer.

Reminds me of this guy, fast forward to 1:20

Good to see you picked another Texican in a white hat... solving all the worlds problems with fantasies.

And another non answer, three strikes and all that.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

And in a show of solidarity and friendship, Khamenei just tweeted a picture of Obama with a gun to his head...:ph34r:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/iran-khamenei-tweets-image-obama-gun-head-article-1.2304560

Sure am glad we just freed up $150 Billion for him. No way that will bite us in the ass....

Also did you hear the news on the side deals? Inspectors are not allowed on Military sites. The Iranians will provide soil samples. With Parchin Military Facility being one of the places that they are developing capabilities, what could go wrong?

jgoose71

And in a show of solidarity and friendship, Khamenei just tweeted a picture of Obama with a gun to his head...:ph34r:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/iran-khamenei-tweets-image-obama-gun-head-article-1.2304560

Sure am glad we just freed up $150 Billion for him. No way that will bite us in the ass....

Also did you hear the news on the side deals? Inspectors are not allowed on Military sites. The Iranians will provide soil samples. With Parchin Military Facility being one of the places that they are developing capabilities, what could go wrong?

Your children get to die there in 20 years unless they are brought back into the human community... since you seem incapable of accepting them as such.[:/]

jgoose71

And your preferred solution would be...?

(Military action against Iraq and Afghanistan sure worked out well)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Not giving terrorist part of a $150 Billion which the Obama administration has admitted will happen seems like a good idea to start.

There is no difference in this money vs us giving guns to help out someone to only later see them turned around and used back at us or others.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Hi folks,

I admit that Jimmy Carter was ( IMO ) not much of a president. He will be here in Portland, OR tomorrow for a book signing. He was interviewed for the local newspaper and this was his response to the deal with Iran:

John Kerry, who you hold in high regard, just negotiated a deal with Iran, a nation that gave you more than your share of headaches. What's your opinion of it?

I think it's one of the best foreign policy achievements that I've known in recent years. I am a great admirer, as you said, of John Kerry. Any deal that he worked out is going to be enforceable and violations will be able to be detected and sanctions will resume if the agreement is violated.

My own experience with Iran -- I didn't go to bed the last three days and nights I was at the White House. I was negotiating a deal with the Ayatollah Khomeini and his government. They kept that agreement meticulously. They never violated a single word of it. It was very complicated, involving billions of dollars and the control of our hostages, and all through Reagan's administration and into George H.W. Bush's, almost 10 years, the Iranians complied with the agreement precisely and never violated it at all. If they should violate this agreement the sanctions with be re-enforced. It's good for Iran, it's good for the United States, and it's good for the world.

Just one ex-presidents thoughts,

Jerry Baumchen

Amazon

***And in a show of solidarity and friendship, Khamenei just tweeted a picture of Obama with a gun to his head...:ph34r:

Your children get to die there in 20 years unless they are brought back into the human community... since you seem incapable of accepting them as such.[:/]

While you are right, they need to be brought back to the human community, it's not us being unaccepting of them, it's them being unaccepting of us.

Or was the the Ayatollah holding a gun to his own head and I just missed it?

JerryBaumchen

Hi folks,

I admit that Jimmy Carter was ( IMO ) not much of a president. He will be here in Portland, OR tomorrow for a book signing. He was interviewed for the local newspaper and this was his response to the deal with Iran:

John Kerry, who you hold in high regard, just negotiated a deal with Iran, a nation that gave you more than your share of headaches. What's your opinion of it?

I think it's one of the best foreign policy achievements that I've known in recent years. I am a great admirer, as you said, of John Kerry. Any deal that he worked out is going to be enforceable and violations will be able to be detected and sanctions will resume if the agreement is violated.

My own experience with Iran -- I didn't go to bed the last three days and nights I was at the White House. I was negotiating a deal with the Ayatollah Khomeini and his government. They kept that agreement meticulously. They never violated a single word of it. It was very complicated, involving billions of dollars and the control of our hostages, and all through Reagan's administration and into George H.W. Bush's, almost 10 years, the Iranians complied with the agreement precisely and never violated it at all. If they should violate this agreement the sanctions with be re-enforced. It's good for Iran, it's good for the United States, and it's good for the world.

Jerry Baumchen

Has Carter forgotten the hostage crisis that happened under his watch already? I guess he is kind of getting old and senile.

And lets not forget the proxy war we already fought in Iraq with Iran. I have a couple of friends that want their legs back.

Or the supplying of weapons to Hamas to be rained down on civilian populations.

And I'm pretty sure all of these above actions were in violations of some agreement.

Like my ex-girlfriends keep telling me "It's not me, it's you." I know they are still pissed off about our relationship with their Shah back in the 1950's, but until they let go of their anger, moving forward is going to be difficult.

jgoose71

***Hi folks,

Jerry Baumchen

Has Carter forgotten the hostage crisis that happened under his watch already? I guess he is kind of getting old and senile.

And lets not forget the proxy war we already fought in Iraq with Iran. I have a couple of friends that want their legs back.

Or the supplying of weapons to Hamas to be rained down on civilian populations.

And I'm pretty sure all of these above actions were in violations of some agreement.

Like my ex-girlfriends keep telling me "It's not me, it's you." I know they are still pissed off about our relationship with their Shah back in the 1950's, but until they let go of their anger, moving forward is going to be difficult.

Perhaps your perception is a bit skewed....:S

We have history.....
Iraq/Iran War was SAINT RONNIEs proxy war.... how many died again....?

There are those cool photos of Rummie with Sadamm.... making nice nice.... and then we seemed to ignore the use of chemical weapons against the Iranians.....
Any wonder they would do anything to avenge that???

At some point the ADULTS need to solve the problem and move on.... and I have a feeling that if the Israeli's feel threatened they will "take care of bidness"

Amazon

We have history.....

There are those cool photos of Rummie with Sadamm.... making nice nice.... and then we seemed to ignore the use of chemical weapons against the Iranians.....

At some point the ADULTS need to solve the problem and move on.... and I have a feeling that if the Israeli's feel threatened they will "take care of bidness"

Yes, we supported Saddam. If you remember rightly that had something to do with something that happened in Tehran in 1979 that most countries would consider an act of war?

Also, bad blood between Iran/Iraq was going on long before that.

We can also take from your post that Iran is indeed pissed at us. Would you say Obama/Kerry is reaching out to him (an adult like gesture perhaps?)

Now would you say Iran's response has been Adult? Is there anything in there response that makes you think they are going to change there ways (which also includes violating over 20 UN sanctions since they were implemented)?

jgoose71

We have history.....

Yes, we supported Saddam. If you remember rightly that had something to do with something that happened in Tehran in 1979 that most countries would consider an act of war?

Also, bad blood between Iran/Iraq was going on long before that.

We can also take from your post that Iran is indeed pissed at us. Would you say Obama/Kerry is reaching out to him (an adult like gesture perhaps?)

Now would you say Iran's response has been Adult? Is there anything in there response that makes you think they are going to change there ways (which also includes violating over 20 UN sanctions since they were implemented)?

I think THEIR response is playing to a very small percentage of THEIR population....

And while we are on the subject.....

I know they are still pissed off about our relationship with their Shah back in the 1950's, but until they let go of their anger...

Nice way to minimize the facts:
1. We (via the CIA) engineered a coup to overthrow their democratically elected government and install a dictator of our choosing (the Shah). [Look up "operation Ajax" if you don't believe me.]
2. We (via the CIA) trained the Shah's secret police, the SAVAK, in techniques of torture as well as infiltration of virtually all political activity opposed to the Shah; these tools SAVAK used to great effect to suppress political dissent. Along the way thousands of Iranians were imprisoned and tortured for years, or often just "disappeared". We also spent billions to keep the Shah's military and SAVAK well armed.

By smothering the country's developing democracy and installing a dictator who had no scruples about the lengths he would go to, to protect his own power, we (unintentionally I'm sure) forced the marriage of political dissent with fundamentalist Islamic beliefs, by elevating exiled religious leaders such as the Ayatollah to the position of spokesmen for anti-Shah politics.

That is a lot to "let go" of. Even so, we can provide a great example. Just look at how we let go of that whole Bay of Pigs fiasco. Or maybe not.

Considering the history, and the rhetoric coming from the mouths of politicians who are determined to oppose anything and everything coming from the Obama administration regardless of the long-term damage they do along the way, what incentive do the Iranian leaders have to trust us? Yet, they have agreed to measures that Americans would never agree to. A large segment of the Iranian population would like to see normalized relations with the rest of the world. Most (or all) of the anti-American rhetoric is coming from the generation that personally suffered under the Shah, suffering they correctly blame the US for, but these people are elderly now and in 15 years, when the nuclear agreement ends, they will be gone from the stage.

Speaking of "letting go", it's long past time the US let go of the Iranian hostage crisis, ideally acknowledge that there was good reason for the leaders of the Iranian Revolution to direct their anger to Americans (though Americans rarely ever admit any fault, and American politicians never do), and start to try to allow Iran to become what it was in 1953 before we screwed them up royally: a normal country with a democratic government and a vested interest in peaceful interactions with the rest of the world.

Don

How did appeasement work out for Chamberlain? Hitler called them "worms" after the deal, then grew his military and resources to the point where avoiding war was impossible.

The Ayatollah already chants death to America and a few days ago said nothing will change between Iran and the "arrogant" Americans. As we give him the reins and $150 billion dollars.

Appeasement will fail here too.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

How did appeasement work out for Chamberlain? Hitler called them "worms" after the deal, then grew his military and resources to the point where avoiding war was impossible.

The Ayatollah already chants death to America and a few days ago said nothing will change between Iran and the "arrogant" Americans. As we give him the reins and $150 billion dollars.

Comparing poppy seeds to watermelons..... :S

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Amazon

***How did appeasement work out for Chamberlain? Hitler called them "worms" after the deal, then grew his military and resources to the point where avoiding war was impossible.

Comparing poppy seeds to watermelons..... :S

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I don't fear Iran as much as I would have feared Hitler and the Nazis.... but the Nazis didn't have the nuclear bomb. Wait til the Ayatollah gets one or two ready and gets uppity... :|
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!