jclalor

I wonder why the right wing media...

jclalor

Never uses the full name of Rafael Edward Cruz?

Because it makes him sound like a teenage mutant turtle.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

muff528

***Never uses the full name of Rafael Edward Cruz?

My guess is for the same reason the left wing media doesn't use it.

I don't think it's the same reason. I think the right loves accentuating on Obama's middle name, just to remind everyone how really foreign and out of place he appears to be.

jclalor

Never uses the full name of Rafael Edward Cruz?

Maybe because even for a kid born in Calgary, it is a mouthful?

(Cruz was born on December 22, 1970, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, where his parents, Eleanor Elizabeth Darragh Wilson and Rafael Bienvenido Cruz, were working in the oil business
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz#Early_life)

jclalor

******Never uses the full name of Rafael Edward Cruz?

My guess is for the same reason the left wing media doesn't use it.

I don't think it's the same reason. I think the right loves accentuating on Obama's middle name, just to remind everyone how really foreign and out of place he appears to be.
So your saying they don't use Ted Cruz's full name, because Obama's middle name makes him sound foreign and out of place? Some weird reasoning there. I don't see how Obama's name has anything to do with Cruz's name. But link them however way you want. Just shows your biased reasoning.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

JerryBaumchen

Hi aphid,

a kid born in Calgary

If only you had kept him.

Your gain, our loss, >:(

Jerry Baumchen

And the also sent us Bieber.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

aphid

***Never uses the full name of Rafael Edward Cruz?

(Cruz was born on December 22, 1970, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, where his parents, Eleanor Elizabeth Darragh Wilson and Rafael Bienvenido Cruz, were working in the oil business

And the fact that he was born out of the country, and if you would listen to the Tea party folks explain things, that would make Cruz ineligable to be POTUS. I also thought that Trump, back in 2012, had some top notch private dicks in Hawaii about to blow the whole Obama birth certificate scandal wide open... But I digress.

I'm just wondering, why the right wing refers to no one, other than our current POTUS by their full name. What makes this man so different, I would submit that perhaps, just perhaps, there's a small amout of hatred based on his perceived lack of acting like a proper American.

Honestly, I haven't heard Obama's middle name in just about any news reports for a long time

but if the left wants to make hay with any candidate's names, go for it, at least it's factual

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Because "Hussein" is a much louder bell to ring than is "Rafael" (at least in recent times) and it's a bell they feel like ringing. If a right-wing candidate or president had, for instance, a hick-sounding middle name or nickname then detractors would use it sarcastically when they were whining about his or her policies too.

People who refuse to refer to Obama without calling him BHO or something of that nature like he's a serial killer or something I place in the same category as people who left their Kerry/Edwards 2004 bumper sticker on their car until 2008.

I'm just wondering, why the right wing refers to no one, other than our current POTUS by their full name. What makes this man so different, I would submit that perhaps, just perhaps, there's a small amout of hatred based on his perceived lack of acting like a proper American.

I'm going to have a quick experiment. I will put out one word and see whether you can, with just this one made up word, identify the person I am referring to.

Ready? Here it is:

"Dubya."

Now, about that middle name thing...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

And actually, the more I think about it, widely known middle name is the rule. Names like Milhous. Fitzgerald. S. Herbert Walker. Baines. Jefferson. The exceptions seem to be Ford, Carter and to some extent Reagan.

When cartoon characters are named after a well known presidential middle name? Does anybody have to write out BHO? No more than writing JFK or FDR or LBJ or DDE.

I think you're dissimulating a wee bit.
The targeted use of Obama's middle name Hussein was more than just "Hey, he's got a funny middle name, like Milhouse", and everybody knows it.

It meant:
1. "He's sorta-kind of a Moozlim, so just remember that when you vote."
2. "Sounds like Saddam Hussein! Who was a bad guy! And a Moozlim! Not as bad as "Adolph", but still, wow!"

So no, it's not like the other sophomoric presidential pejoratives, it really is on another level. By analogy, look up the kind of bigoted shit that got hurled at Bobby Jindal or Nikki Haley when they entered elective politics. It's basically like that.

DanG

"Dubya" was Bush's own nickname for himself.

It was used to differentiate him from his father, who was George HW Bush.

But you knew that.

Of course.

It is obvious that Barack and Obama are unique enough that they don't need anything else. I believe that Hussein is focused upon to have a negative connotation.

Which, of course, is the reason why "Dubya" is focused upon instead of"W". Because Dubya is meant to be endearing, right?

To that extent, the President is little different from any of his predecessors.

Btw: you may have noted that I rarely refer to him as anything other than the President. I concluded many years ago that any other name just brings up extreme reactions. In order to depersonskize it in the most respectful way, I call him the President.

lawrocket

***"Dubya" was Bush's own nickname for himself.

But you knew that.

Of course.

It is obvious that Barack and Obama are unique enough that they don't need anything else. I believe that Hussein is focused upon to have a negative connotation.

Which, of course, is the reason why "Dubya" is focused upon instead of"W". Because Dubya is meant to be endearing, right?

Btw: you may have noted that I rarely refer to him as anything other than the President. I concluded many years ago that any other name just brings up extreme reactions. In order to depersonskize it in the most respectful way, I call him the President.

Why would the party of tolerance EVER even consider tagging anyone with any kind of inconsiderate, offensive, or degrading nickname for anyone?

That would be against everything they profess to stand for.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

jclalor

******Never uses the full name of Rafael Edward Cruz?

And the fact that he was born out of the country, and if you would listen to the Tea party folks explain things, that would make Cruz ineligable to be POTUS. I also thought that Trump, back in 2012, had some top notch private dicks in Hawaii about to blow the whole Obama birth certificate scandal wide open... But I digress.

Just because someone is born outside the US doesn't make them a foreigner. I personally know of two US citizens born overseas (one is a sibling).

Only the US has citizenship via the birth canal.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

lawrocket

***"Dubya" was Bush's own nickname for himself.

But you knew that.

Of course.

Nah it sounds like a dirty Commie name:ph34r:

Remster

Only the US has citizenship via the birth canal

Incorrect.

Dammit, now I have to agree with you.>:(