RMK

Beer is good for business

In a meeting yesterday the phrase “beer countries” was interjected. I’ve heard this many times over the years and those that do European cross-border deals understand that the reference to beer drinking countries infers the UK, Germany, Netherlands and Nordic countries as opposed to “wine countries” which are France, Belgium, Italy, Spain etc.

The reasoning behind this is that “beer” countries generally have better legal protections and enforcement in business dealings.

This is usually mentioned in a business discussion from a generalist or guidance point, but in my discussion yesterday we discussed a Benelux deal (refers to Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) and he followed by saying “we’ll do a Benelux deal, but to be clear we’ll look at a Dutch deal, but not a Belgian deal.

Thinking further; this simple “beer” vs. “wine” country classification is quite simplistic, but damn “spot on” in most instances when applied globally (other examples: US is a beer country; Argentina is a wine country; where do you want to enter into a business deal?)
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

In a meeting yesterday the phrase “beer countries” was interjected. I’ve heard this many times over the years and those that do European cross-border deals understand that the reference to beer drinking countries infers the UK, Germany, Netherlands and Nordic countries as opposed to “wine countries” which are France, Belgium, Italy, Spain etc.

The reasoning behind this is that “beer” countries generally have better legal protections and enforcement in business dealings.

This is usually mentioned in a business discussion from a generalist or guidance point, but in my discussion yesterday we discussed a Benelux deal (refers to Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) and he followed by saying “we’ll do a Benelux deal, but to be clear we’ll look at a Dutch deal, but not a Belgian deal.

Thinking further; this simple “beer” vs. “wine” country classification is quite simplistic, but damn “spot on” in most instances when applied globally (other examples: US is a beer country; Argentina is a wine country; where do you want to enter into a business deal?)

Parts of the US are Micro-brew beer country... those parts are worth visiting.

The parts that rely on the huge mega breweries for crap beer... not so much :)

Brazil is way more beer than wine country.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

kallend

******Brazil is way more beer than wine country.

Wendy P.

Really nice boobies too.

Wrong forum.:Pany forum is the right forum for boobies.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

BartsDaddy

Yes I love a Belgium style beer. But don't get used to them they are expensive here in socal.:)

Funny...I'm drinking a Tripel right now as I read this post. It's a bit mild compared to some of the more potent drafts I've had at local breweries here in Michigan that run about 4-5 bucks per 10oz libbey...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>But don't get used to them they are expensive here in socal.

They used to be. But so many places in Socal are making good Belgians now (Lost Abbey, Rough Draft, Alesmith, Automatic, Societe, Iron Fist etc) that they are getting pretty affordable just through competition.