CornishChris

WTF is to be done with ISIL?!

Nice try!

You know full well that the Hebrew and Christian writings were completed several hundred years prior to Muhummad's writings.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

quade

******World events are lining up prophetically.

Perhaps you could qoute some scripture that mentioned Isalm?

Actually, what I'm sort of interested in is what natural herbs or fungus John of Patmos (or WHOEVER) might have had access to.

Honestly, why it's part of the Bible is sort of a mystery. The guy clearly states he didn't know Jesus. Why is it even part of Christian scripture?

I am curious. How did you deduce that John, the Apostle, did not know Jesus? To me that is bizarre.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

*********World events are lining up prophetically.

Perhaps you could qoute some scripture that mentioned Isalm?

Actually, what I'm sort of interested in is what natural herbs or fungus John of Patmos (or WHOEVER) might have had access to.

Honestly, why it's part of the Bible is sort of a mystery. The guy clearly states he didn't know Jesus. Why is it even part of Christian scripture?

I am curious. How did you deduce that John, the Apostle, did not know Jesus? To me that is bizarre.

The Book of Mormon attributes Revelation to John the Apostle. Most Christian scholars do not. Best evidence is that it was written during the reign of Domitian, around 80AD.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

The Book of Mormon attributes Revelation to John the Apostle. Most Christian scholars do not. Best evidence is that it was written during the reign of Domitian, around 80AD.

I disagree with most maybe some. I refer to Revelation 1:1, 4, 9, and 22:8. John could certainly have been alive in 80 AD.

quade

The other thing to realize is as far as most of the ISIL fighters are concerned, the fight with the west is simply the side show. The real fight is with the leaders of the countries. The west is only a small piece of it because prior to this point the US (and other western countries) have helped to prop those leaders up.

"Muslims hate America because of who America is and what America represents. Muslims hate the core of American culture and they fear that America’s influence in politics, entertainment, and wealth will erase their culture. To a devout Muslim America is vile, blasphemous, and as far from “pure” as pure can be. Muslims see American women degrading themselves on the silver screen and being unfit as wives and mothers. Muslims see American men as slovenly, easily corruptible, lacking of virtue, and wallowing in one vice or anther. Are they wrong?

Devout Muslims on a very fundamental level must hate Democracy and Capitalism. The concepts and practice of Democracy and Capitalism by their nature blaspheme against Allah. In Islam Allah is the center of all things. Allah is the giver of all that is good. Allah is the wellspring of all success and prosperity. If one is not diligent in his studies of the Koran or does not live as proscribed by Mohammed, Allah can remove his blessings until atonement is achieved.

Democracy, in its simplest form, is the ability for a body of people to have a say in their future which, to them, directs the success of the group. This delegation of authority to a sub group of people, as well as the authority placed in each person to vote, is what Muslims find blasphemous. To vote and to hope on something other than Allah is blasphemy and is considered sinful. To blaspheme Allah is to be marked for death as was the case for Salmon Rushdie.

Capitalism, in its simplest form, is the ability for men to steer their own destiny with hard work and ambitious creativity. Muslims must perceive this as blasphemy as well since it removes the authority of one's prosperity from Allah and places ones hope on his own ability. "
http://www.islamdaily.org/en/islam/3296.why-islam-hates-america.htm

RonD1120

I disagree with most maybe some. I refer to Revelation 1:1, 4, 9, and 22:8. John could certainly have been alive in 80 AD.

What are your credentials as a Biblical scholar?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

:DYou and jakee! That is a rabbit hole question. The answer is, I read.

RonD1120

:DYou and jakee! That is a rabbit hole question. The answer is, I read.

But only the approved version created by a minor monarch who did such a great job for his people by kicking them out of his country to other places.
I wonder how he is doing under Satan's care. Was he rewarded for his deeds in life???

RonD1120

What I find bizarre is some people's almost complete lack of intellectual curiosity.

How a person, such as yourself, can repeated make claims about The Bible yet show almost no interest in it as a document is beyond me.

I'm not a biblical scholar. I'm not a religious person. I am, however, curious about the document and its history. With all of that said, even without any curiosity whatsoever it should be fairly clear simply by reading Revelations it is not the work of the author known as John, the Apostle.

Do even the slightest amount of research into the subject. Seriously.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***I am curious. How did you deduce that John, the Apostle, did not know Jesus? To me that is bizarre.

What I find bizarre is some people's almost complete lack of intellectual curiosity.

How a person, such as yourself, can repeated make claims about The Bible yet show almost no interest in it as a document is beyond me.

I'm not a biblical scholar. I'm not a religious person. I am, however, curious about the document and its history. With all of that said, even without any curiosity whatsoever it should be fairly clear simply by reading Revelations it is not the work of the author known as John, the Apostle.

I have indeed and I have no difficulty accepting John as the author of Revelation.

Thank you for your reply.

Approved? By who? I am not a Baptist and therefore not dogmatic about the KJV. I read several versions. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit I have no problem with various phraseology.

quade

***I am curious. How did you deduce that John, the Apostle, did not know Jesus? To me that is bizarre.

Forget the bible for a bit; how many have read Thomas Jefferson's thoughts and predictions (and actions related) on Islam, Muslims, and their place in the world? IMO, Jefferson's research and opinion carry more weight than a fantasy novel.

kallend

"You break it, you own it, you fix it".

Colin Powell said this to GWB before the invasion of Iraq in 2003. He called it "The Pottery Barn Rule".

+1 How about we do nothing, for once. Let them kill each other for a few years.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

lawrocket

What to do? I'm beginning to think that martyring all of them is becoming a more necessary thing.

Are you willing to send your children to do that? Because I'm not willing to send mine.
I'm not willing to send my money over there, either. All that does is enrich the Halliburtons of the world, validate senior officers who chose a military career and need an enemy, and not keep our children even a bit safer in their beds.

That is a sappy reply, I will ask you like I did TK who diddnt answer directly. Obviously it's their problem now, when will, you be willing to accept it as a U.S. problem?

When U.S. soil is attacked? When the attack is 3 states away? Your own state? Your town? An attack of a certain size? Official war declaration against us? What benchmark must be met for you to say ok enough it is our problem now?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

That is a sappy reply, I will ask you like I did TK who diddnt answer directly. Obviously it's their problem now, when will, you be willing to accept it as a U.S. problem?

When U.S. soil is attacked? When the attack is 3 states away? Your own state? Your town? An attack of a certain size? Official war declaration against us? What benchmark must be met for you to say ok enough it is our problem now?

YOU could always step up since you are so concerned about em talk is cheap and so many expect someone ELSE to do the work for them............ Some people are Walking the Walk

CornishChris

I was mildly surprised that there wasn't already a thread about the horrific events of Friday across the world.

There were simultaneous attacked in France (a beheading execution), Tunisia (a fucking lunatic with an AK47 killed at least 38 people, 30 of whom were British holidaymakers http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33307279) & Kuwait (suicide bomb killing at least 27). Added to this was the publication of a video showing their new levels of depravity - 15 or so people executed (on HD video) by rocket launching a car they were in; drowning in a cage and blowing up a daisy chain of explosives around 5 guys heads.

Whilst the Kuwait attack has been claimed by ISIL it is a reasonable assumption that the others were either ordered or inspired by them.

The question is, what do we do to stop this. They win if we can't go on holiday for fear of our lives. If companies can be pushed into making decisions as their CEO is beheaded otherwise. How do we stop this cancer from infecting all of our lives? How do we stop kids being radicalised online and moving to Syria to join these fuckers?

I am actually fearful of these people for the first time as they are escalating their activity and their depravity at a crazy rate. They seem to have some draw on young people and I have no idea why these kids want to go and murder innocents. The amazing thing is it isn't just Christians or Westerners. They are killing their own as well.

I don't know what we can do to make this right and to stop this. Anyone got any ideas?

The whole Middle East question reminds me of a Woodl Allen qoute:

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
I speak, by the way, not with any sense of futility, but with a panicky conviction of the absolute meaninglessness of existence which could easily be misinterpreted as pessimism."

CornishChris

Let them kill each other for a few years

And indiscriminately kill anyone else they fancy - like the 30+ Brits on holiday in Tunisia last week?

I think the US has meddled in Mideastern affairs enough, and as Andy has said, no one is safer for it. Why don't you enlist? Have at it yourself.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy