Amazon

SCOTUS Ya'll can get your gay weddings now.

And the bigot has blamed the Kentucky governor for her legal issues... :S

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-blames-governor-for-legal-woes/ar-AAeKL5b?li=AAa0dzB

No, you cunt. He was just following the UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT's order, making sure all clerks follow the directive, or resign.

YOU are doing this to yourself, Kimmy... :|

There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

On a lighter note. Today my wife and I are attending our first gay wedding. Donald and James are good friends, James is a partner in the DZ with me. Also my first ever "black tie preferred" social event. I had to rent a tux.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Driver1

And the bigot has blamed the Kentucky governor for her legal issues... :S

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-blames-governor-for-legal-woes/ar-AAeKL5b?li=AAa0dzB

No, you cunt. He was just following the UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT's order, making sure all clerks follow the directive, or resign.

YOU are doing this to yourself, Kimmy... :|

She is the kind of official that the American Taliban has gotten behind look at how many support her... all the way up to Huckabee... Morals police next???

Right?

She's a clerk. It's her job to file paperwork, not create policy. Do your job or fuck off. Yet again I find myself asking, why the fuck is this an elected position in the first place? A person's political views or appeal to the electorate has absolutely no bearing on their ability to stamp documents and file papers:S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Right?

She's a clerk. It's her job to file paperwork, not create policy. Do your job or fuck off. Yet again I find myself asking, why the fuck is this an elected position in the first place? A person's political views or appeal to the electorate has absolutely no bearing on their ability to stamp documents and file papers:S

Agreed. It shouldn't be a political position that's voted in via elections.

I just find it exasperating that despite the Supreme Court being the highest court in the land where its decisions are final and binding, and they have refused to hear Kim's argument, IIRC, which should bring a final end to this bullshit, and the cunt won't roll over and play along. :S

Driver1

I just find it exasperating that despite the Supreme Court being the highest court in the land where its decisions are final and binding, and they have refused to hear Kim's argument, IIRC, which should bring a final end to this bullshit, and the cunt won't roll over and play along. :S

The Supreme Court's refusal to hear it, means the lower court's ruling stands.
But since she is an elected official, she holds the office until:
a) She resigns.
b) She is impeached by the state legislature (which does not meet again until next year.)
c) Her term expires.
d) She dies.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

The Supreme Court's refusal to hear it, means the lower court's ruling stands.
But since she is an elected official, she holds the office until:
a) She resigns.
b) She is impeached by the state legislature (which does not meet again until next year.)
c) Her term expires.
d) She dies.

It should be (b). If for any reason she finds herself unable to perform the duties of her office in accordance with the law of the land, she should do the decent thing and resign. The fact that she hasn't suggests to me that this is simply grandstanding.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Next Kentucky Governor, who will assume office in January, has said he will remove clerks' names from marriage licenses by executive order...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kentuckys-governor-elect-to-remove-clerk-names-from-state-marriage-licenses/ar-CC2go5?li=BBgzzfc

Driver1

Next Kentucky Governor, who will assume office in January, has said he will remove clerks' names from marriage licenses by executive order...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kentuckys-governor-elect-to-remove-clerk-names-from-state-marriage-licenses/ar-CC2go5?li=BBgzzfc

Sounds like an effective way to save money actually:)

Amazon

***Next Kentucky Governor, who will assume office in January, has said he will remove clerks' names from marriage licenses by executive order...

Sounds like an effective way to save money actually:)
Yep. As long as the assbag clerks will let whoever wants to marry, get their licenses.

ryoder

Ah, so do you not think it is a good compromise?
Or is the liberal way of thinking appalled that it tried and was not able to force compliance of its wishes, in that, her name, specifically, is no longer associated with a document that represents something that goes against her religious beliefs?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Or is the liberal way of thinking appalled that it tried and was not able to force compliance of its wishes, in that, her name, specifically, is no longer associated with a document that represents something that goes against her religious beliefs?

Violating the law enacted by the state legislature is a "compromise"?
If the legislature amended the law, that would be a compromise.
If Obama made a decree that violated law enacted by Congress, would you call that a compromise?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

turtlespeed

What is wrong with just following the law?

ryoder

Violating the law enacted by the state legislature is a "compromise"?
If the legislature amended the law, that would be a compromise.
If Obama made a decree that violated law enacted by Congress, would you call that a compromise?

Why don't we ever see this kind of pushback from you guys when Obama does the equivalent?

Or did you forget that he simply won't enforce the immigration laws as they stand?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun