Amazon

SCOTUS Ya'll can get your gay weddings now.

Coreeece

*** I do not know of a religion that does not discriminate.

Christianity certainly discriminates against sin - no question about that. Homosexuality is just as much a sin as me jerking off to Jessica Rabbit during my pubescence...and then some.

I suppose my biggest problem is turning that sin into a lifestyle that is acceptable to Christianity. If you want to create your own religion that accepts same sex anal, then you are free to do so, but I think you'll have a difficult time including the bible into your threesome.

Some homosexuals have said that the gay rainbow in Dublin during the same sex vote was a sign of Jesus's acceptance of homosexuals.......well, as a true believer, all I have to say is that there were many signs that I also thought were from God, but I was sorely disappointed....

My fiance was just diagnosed with an anaplastic astrocytoma....she recently saw a rainbow through her hospital window as a sign of hope.

Pardon me if it seemed as though I equated homosexuality as a cancer....

Prayers up
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

A group of Orthodox Jews hired Mexican day laborers to dress in traditional Jewish garb and protest against the New York City gay pride parade Sunday.
The rabbis said that the yeshiva boys shouldn’t come out for this because of what they would see at the parade.

:D:D:D
http://www.mediaite.com/online/orthodox-jews-cant-protest-gay-pride-parade-hire-mexicans-instead/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The votes that were had created the unnecessary division to which you refer, hence, the supreme's discussion and decision.
Which is 1000% correct.

Remember this bit:
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

RonD1120

Being a lay person regarding statutes, I do not understand this ruling. Some states allowed same sex marriage, some did not. What prompted the SCOTUS to weigh in and overturn the states right to regulate their marriage laws?

I am more concerned about that abuse, IMO, of power than I am in same sex marriage.

So, I too had the same question. And, I began to wonder about those States that are not issuing gay marriage certificates. Turns out that SCOTUS can have its ruling challenged by congress... Hence, the stall tactics by some States. http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/lawmaker-congress-can-halt-same-sex-marriage-in-tracks/

On another note; the following article addresses religious institutions and even those universities that can discriminate against gender: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/06/26/how-a-supreme-court-decision-for-gay-marriage-would-affect-religious-institutions/

In summary, I "believe" the battle not over; but some battles are lost before starting.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

normiss

The votes that were had created the unnecessary division to which you refer, hence, the supreme's discussion and decision.
Which is 1000% correct.

Remember this bit:
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

But But But........... Murica'

My wife and I never even thought of religion or a church in our ceremony in any way as it is a bond between us, not invisible friends or preachers.
Exclude away christians, make jebus proud of your hate.

I'm never going to understand one human's obsession with what other humans do with their genitalia is all about.

normiss

My wife and I never even thought of religion or a church in our ceremony in any way as it is a bond between us, not invisible friends or preachers.

I'm never going to understand one human's obsession with what other humans do with their genitalia is all about.

Mark, please understand my intrigue is not with the social aspects of which I care not. I side with Amazon's succinct statement of, "If you don't want to have a gay marriage; don't have one."

I was curious from the beginning about; 1) the legal aspects of bypassing congress, 2) going straight to SCOTUS, 3) its affect on the 10th amendment and, 4) if their ruling could be abrogated.

EDIT: Clean up grammar.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

normiss

I thought you were gay!!!(not that there is wrong with that sort of thing) You have always used the term domestic partner in insurance threads it thought it was just your way of saying it:D:D

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

I thought you were gay!!!(not that there is wrong with that sort of thing) You have always used the term domestic partner in insurance threads it thought it was just your way of saying it:D:D

I always thought it was pretty obvious with Mark.

I thought you were gay!!!(not that there is wrong with that sort of thing) You have always used the term domestic partner in insurance threads it thought it was just your way of saying it

Hi, I'm Skymama, aka Mrs. Normiss. Nice to meet you. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

From the link

Displays of hate and intolerance against people of faith should be denounced by all people of good will and spark concern among anyone who believes in religious liberty and freedom for all.

Hahahahahaahhaha....aaaahahaha...

How many times have you been yelled at/mocked by passers-by when you're going in and out of church? Probably never.

I hold my boyfriends hand simply walking to get ice-cream, and have cowards in cars yelling "FAGGOTS" as they drive by.

White Christians don't get much hate in this country, you guys go out looking for the trouble. Stay out of my bedroom, and I'll stay out of your place of worship.

In summary, I "believe" the battle not over; but some battles are lost before starting.

This battle was largely over at least a couple years ago. The court merely stepped in to clean up a mish mash of laws and confusion all over America. The religious arguments for and against are irrelevant. What has happened is that gay people in all states long ago lost their fear of being known. The rest of society had been brainwashed into believing that gays were some sort of oversexed monsters and not really fully human. But when they started to come out we found that they were really just our brothers and sisters. Now we have decided to meet their demands to be treated as equals, which is only right. Some dead enders will resist for awhile, but a year from now when it's no longer news it will just be a big yawn.

Besides, why should the pain of broken marriages and divorce be reserved for only straights?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Besides, why should the pain of broken marriages and divorce be reserved for only straights?

Or as Tom Arnold said a few years ago:
"I'm all in favor of gay marriage;
If *we* have to get married, then *they* have to get married;
They've been getting a free ride way too long!"

:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The problem with assertions about the primacy of religious freedoms is that those who make them are only concerned with their own religious beliefs. My personal religion allows for gay marriage. What about my rights? This is why religion is completely irrelevant to law.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.