skycop

Freddie Gray autopsy

skycop

Another twist [:/]

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/24/8839761/baltimore-police-brutality

Wow.. read the tweetsB|

And another....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/06/25/an-interview-with-the-baltimore-cop-whos-revealing-all-the-horrible-things-he-saw-on-the-job/

I grew up in Bel Air[, Maryland]. I didn’t have exposure to inner cities. And when you work in policing, you’re inundated early on with the “us vs. them” mentality. It’s ingrained in you that this is a war, and if someone isn’t wearing a uniform, they’re the enemy. It just becomes part of who you are, of how you do your job. And when all you’re doing is responding to calls, you’re only seeing the people in these neighborhoods when there’s conflict. So you start to assume that conflict is all there is. Just bad people doing bad things.

turtlespeed

You mean to tell me that the people required to give tickets, and enforce seatbelt laws, just . . . Forgot . . . To belt him in. At all. :|

A lot has been made about about the seat belt policy, as if it was holy writ. The department implemented the seat belt policy on 03-Apr. It was sent out in an email to officers on the 9th, a Thursday. Gray was arrested at 8:39 on Sunday the 12th, 39 minutes after start of shift. As near as I can tell, the Baltimore police work a rotating 6 on 2 off/ 5 on 3 off schedule. So a good chunk of the force likely hadn't even seen the email detailing the new policy.

Now if I was running the department I'd send a notification email a week before implementing the policy, but that's just me.

What is the Department Policy on sudden stops, quick accelerations and drastic turns?

Considering the department had specific names for giving people they had arrested "rough rides", do you think the seat belt policy and how it was communicated is the biggest issue?

SkyDekker

What is the Department Policy on sudden stops, quick accelerations and drastic turns?

Considering the department had specific names for giving people they had arrested "rough rides", do you think the seat belt policy and how it was communicated is the biggest issue?

yes, I do
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

***What is the Department Policy on sudden stops, quick accelerations and drastic turns?

yes, I do

Doesn't surprise me.

normiss

Well the murdered victim wasn't belted in, so, in theory, he had no "seat" belts in that van either.
This is a picture of the typical hog tied, tossed in the paddy wagon recipient of the cop's idea of a fun ride.

Well it is a thread about that particular incident. And yea there is a huge difference in this case if there were seatbelts, and they were not used, and there not being any seatbelts at all. That's why I asked about the photo.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

normiss

Well the murdered victim wasn't belted in, so, in theory, he had no "seat" belts in that van either.
This is a picture of the typical hog tied, tossed in the paddy wagon recipient of the cop's idea of a fun ride.

and you know it's typical because....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone