skycop

Freddie Gray autopsy

skycop

This is something different, the prosecution created a high burden of proof, I don't think they can reach it.

Like I said, this thing is going to be interesting.
It's obvious they violated policy, taking that to a murder charge is going to be extremely difficult.

But like I just said above, you appear to be mistaken about the nature if the charge and what they need to prove.

You're complaining about him being overcharged when he hasn't been charged with what you think he has.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The biggest problem with Ferguson in my opinion is with how the messaging was handled after the incident.

Yep, but that's were the country and press is.....it was a (In some peoples minds) a GREAT story. "Hands up don't shoot" but when the facts did come out did you see the same effort to promote that? No. That wasn't a good story. A angry violate young black man get's killed after attacking a LEO.

IMO Freddie Gray IS a story worth reporting and getting right BUT the press and the DA want to gin it up. (sale more papers, advance a career).
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Voir Dier gives a whole new meaning to profiling, depending which side you are on.

Hopefully there will be a change of venue, I think a case can be made after the media circus in Baltimore.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Simply treating the recently deceased accused with a little respect would have gone some distance. Leaving them out for hours, when any other victim would have been covered or the view masked, makes it clear that the "perp" (who is still innocent under the law) is not seen as worthy of the same treatment as humans.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy I generally agree with your post... But let's just agree that they didn't handle the body perfect (I don't know a standard but for arguments sake I'll agree) Certainly you don't believe the actions -riots- were justified for that reason?

Charleston has much more reason to be going insane but yet not?

Why do you think?

Oh, it's not justification, just more like adding fuel to the fire. In Charleston, the acknowledgement that this is an awful thing that happened has helped to reduce the lIllinois of violence. It wasn't "the system" or "the man" who killed those people, it was a particular person, who was then pursued and caught like the accused perp he is.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You have to remember that Ferguson was the cliched "Pot waiting to boil over."
The killing of Brown was the "breaking point" if you will. The minority citizens of Ferguson had been treated badly for a long time.

The way the crime scene was handled, the way the information was given out (including bald-faced lies), the way the protesters (and the media) were treated, the whole situation was mishandled from the beginning.

But, again, that wasn't the real reason for the riots. That was just the trigger.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I hear what your saying, but basically it sounds like because they (black community) were "wrong" for so long it's in it's on way ok for the press, black leaders to wrong a LEO who WAS doing his job. That's just wrong period. End of discussion no traction total bullshit.

Freddie Gray OTOH does have legitimacy. IMO this would have been a good reason to have a dialog about race issues.

Ferguson has a better "story" to tell because the officer was white.

I support a discussion about race in America but not over BS, not supported facts. HELL there are enough factual cases to not have to pick up that is full of shit.

Apparently the homicides rate (homicides per 100,000 population) by US police alone exceeds the total homicides rate in the following countries:

France, UK, Germany, Italy, Canada, Netherlands, Japan, Australia, S. Korea, Czech Republic, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Greece, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland, Spain, Portugal....

Well, you get the idea.

Nothing to see here - carry on.

Correction - see above.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Apparently the homicide rate (homicides per 100,000 population) by US police alone exceeds the total homicide rate in the following countries:

France, UK, Germany, Italy, Canada, Netherlands, Japan, Australia, S. Korea, Czech Republic, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Greece, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland, Spain, Portugal....

Well, you get the idea.

Yeah I'm gonna need to see the stats on this one there John. Show us this data.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

***Apparently the homicide rate (homicides per 100,000 population) by US police alone exceeds the total homicide rate in the following countries:

Well, you get the idea.

Correction - that is total homicides, not rate per 100,000

For rate per 100,000 remove Sweden, Canada, Netherlands, Italy and Belgium from the list. France, UK, Germany, Poland, Greece, Spain, Austria, Hungary, Denmark, Israel... stay on the list.

kallend

******Apparently the homicide rate (homicides per 100,000 population) by US police alone exceeds the total homicide rate in the following countries:

Well, you get the idea.

For rate per 100,000 remove Sweden, Canada, Netherlands, Italy and Belgium from the list. France, UK, Germany, Poland, Greece, Spain, Austria, Hungary, Denmark, Israel... stay on the list.
No provide the actual links proving what you are saying, most importantly the one where you get per 100,000 for U.S. police.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

*********Apparently the homicide rate (homicides per 100,000 population) by US police alone exceeds the total homicide rate in the following countries:

Well, you get the idea.

No provide the actual links proving what you are saying, most importantly the one where you get per 100,000 for U.S. police.

You had enough time to find out and post my personal information. I'm sure you can find this, it's easier.:P

Boomerdog

Ahhhhhh, SC is so adorable sometimes.

Imagine if we were all in the same saloon together.:S:(B|

Oh my gosh, I just had the funniest image pop into my head...

Pictured it back in an Old West type saloon, huge brawl (like you see in the movies), the typical back-and-forthers are smashing bottles over each other, AirTwardo is in the corner sipping whiskey and shaking his head, I'm dancing on the piano dressed as an old whore (naturally) throwing one liners every so often and laughing, then all of sudden the sheriff (BillVon) bust open the door and fires a gun in the air and breaks it up...classic

I should go outside more often.

JohnnyMarko

"You find the link"
"No, YOU find the link"
"No YOU!"
"YOU!"

Ahhhhhh, SC is so adorable sometimes.

So you believe him on sight? I on the other hand am familiar with the numbers already, and know that the ones he provided are wrong. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt to produce the data. Its been about 1.5 hours and he hasn't responded. I wonder why......

JohnnyMarko

***Then why make condescending remarks about the process of information verification on a discussion board? Because that's what I got out of your post.

Free country, I 'spose.
Yeah Merica and all that shit......

Apparently the homicide rate (homicides per 100,000 population) by US police alone exceeds the total homicide rate in the following countries:

Well, you get the idea.

Was called out on the data, and was then changed to.

Wont provide details of his data, so here is my gathering of the available facts.

Number of homicide rates by US police from FBI is 400+. It is not a required mandatory reporting to them so those numbers are admittedly low. Other estimates using all available sources of information compile that number to possibly be 1000-1400 per year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_States
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/another-much-higher-count-of-police-homicides/
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_14_justifiable_homicide_by_weapon_law_enforcement_2009-2013.xls

I will give him that 1400 number even if it is 3x the reported amount and lets see how it works out.

US population ~319 Million
US police Homicides 1400
Instances of homicide by US police Per Capita 0.43

Compare that to the list that he said the US rate exceeds.
France 1.0
UK 1.0
Germany .08
Poland 1.2
Greece 1.7
Spain .08
Austria .09
Hungary 1.3
Denmark .08
Israel 1.8
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

And you see why I ask for clarification and sources because even with a 3X adjusted rate the US rate is half the lowest country he reported the US beats...

So John where did you get your information?