jclalor

South Carolina to remove Confederate flag

Say goodbye to The General Lee. Today TV Land announced that they're pulling the Dukes Of Hazzard off the air because of the confederate flag. In a tireless effort to turn our beloved country into a nation of weepy, sandy vaginas they've shoved a politically correct boot into the memories of my childhood. The Dukes Of Hazzard was about a lot more than just that shitty paint job on one of the most beautiful muscle cars the good lord ever inspired man to create, it was about tradition. That show started the tradition of the most iconic piece of clothing our nation ever produced; The Daisy Duke shorts. Those shorts were the real flag - a flag of identification and empowerment for gay men and sluts all over the world. Before The Dukes there really wasn't any one piece of clothing that let the world know that you're hungry for dick. Congratulations, to the toxic lefties all over this increasingly nerfed world - today victory is yours.

-Joe Rogan

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

kallend

Think they will enforce this?

South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
CHAPTER 7 - Offenses Against the Peace
ARTICLE 3 - Offenses Tending to Breach of Peace
SECTION 16-7-110. Wearing masks and the like.

No person over sixteen years of age shall appear or enter upon any lane, walk, alley, street, road, public way or highway of this State or upon the public property of the State or of any municipality or county in this State while wearing a mask or other device which conceals his identity. Nor shall any such person demand entrance or admission to or enter upon the premises or into the enclosure or house of any other person while wearing a mask or device which conceals his identity. Nor shall any such person, while wearing a mask or device which conceals his identity, participate in any meeting or demonstration upon the private property of another unless he shall have first obtained the written permission of the owner and the occupant of such property.

Source: http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t16c007.php
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

>All your hatred will die with time...

Didn't you just wish a bunch of people dead?

It's a liberal mantra often associated with religion...surprised you didn't recognize it.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

billvon

>It's a liberal mantra often associated with religion...surprised you didn't recognize it.

Cause it's not a liberal mantra. But whatever floats your boat.

Sure it is...Liberals like the OP are always talking about how time will dissolve various religious/right wing ideologies - and now he's extending it to national symbols...

but whatever....this pretty much sums it up for me

Kid Rock - Amen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMMLqmLaBNY
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

kallend

The most telling-not from here in South Carolina. That IS the point you were making, right?
Just everyone pack your stuff, go home, let us heal. We will be fine.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

futuredivot

The most telling-not from here in South Carolina. That IS the point you were making, right?
Just everyone pack your stuff, go home, let us heal. We will be fine.

the only thing "telling" is that the Constitution allows speech freedom, any nut case group or individual is allowed to assemble and will have police protection, the black panthers, KKK, Al Sharpton and other trouble makers have the same rights, there will be plenty of SC citizens there to protest against the KKK, the best thing that could happen would be for the black panthers and everyone else to stay away, if the media didn't cover the idiots it would be an non-issue

the outsiders won't leave because solving the larger problems in the cities they come from are more difficult, like the massive number of gun crimes in Chicago and the blatant racism and hatred that exists in New York

a poll was done 15 years ago and recently repeated, it was done by CNN/ORC: 57% think the flag is a symbol of southern pride, and 55% want it removed from government property

it will get done if these racist and trouble making groups will just leave
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

kallend

***>Oh, but I have.

And with that you have demonstrated my point.

And Lincoln didn't wage a treasonous war against the USA in support of his views.

Lincoln was just responsible for the deaths of a million
Americans to prove a point...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

DanG

A. Bullshit. 620,000 soldiers died in the Civil War.
B. Bullshit. The war was about preserving the Union, not "proving a fucking point."
C. What the fuck would a Canadian know about it anyway?

I believe it pronounced "Canuckistanian":D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

DanG

A. Bullshit. 620,000 soldiers died in the Civil War.
B. Bullshit. The war was about preserving the Union, not "proving a fucking point."
C. What the fuck would a Canadian know about it anyway?

from an article in the ny times...

For 110 years, the numbers stood as gospel: 618,222 men died in the Civil War, 360,222 from the North and 258,000 from the South — by far the greatest toll of any war in American history.

But new research shows that the numbers were far too low.

By combing through newly digitized census data from the 19th century, J. David Hacker, a demographic historian from Binghamton University in New York, has recalculated the death toll and increased it by more than 20 percent — to 750,000.

The new figure is already winning acceptance from scholars. Civil War History, the journal that published Dr. Hacker’s paper, called it “among the most consequential pieces ever to appear” in its pages. And a pre-eminent authority on the era, Eric Foner, a historian at Columbia University, said:

“It even further elevates the significance of the Civil War and makes a dramatic statement about how the war is a central moment in American history. It helps you understand, particularly in the South with a much smaller population, what a devastating experience this was.”

Hacker's estimate ran as high as 800-850,000 soldiers, he has picked 750,00 as the mid-range estimate for soldiers killed. Then we have the civilians killed during the war - which can be estimated as 200-250,000 by dr. William ellis on civil war talk, for one discussion.

So if we have about 750,000 soldiers, and 200-250,000 civilians, that is around 1 million, by my count...

You're right about \Lincoln too, he did it to keep the revenue from seceding states coming in to the federal government, not just to prove a point. Although, The States themselves had just recently seceded from Great Britain, and they had accepted the area of Texas being able to secede from Mexico in the previous 30 years or so, suddenly no one was allowed to secede from the Union
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.

What the fuck would a Canadian know about it anyway?

Could you be anymore obtuse? could anymore arrogant? Obviously it would be up to the individual Canadian to do their own homework on the US Civil War as the subject is not covered in depth as much as it could be in our public schools. But there is a topic out there called History. Perhaps you have heard about it? Perhaps you have heard that if anyone regardless of where they are located in the globe was interested in historical events, that with a little effort, they could research a given topic and perhaps in their research they might obtain information from more than one source which might just might give them an unbiased view of a given historical subject?

Has it ever occurred to you that Canada and the USA share a common history? Are you even aware of this history? Or does your education only stop at the 49th parallel? Perhaps you should be the one who is quizzed on all the events which occurred in North America these last 500 years? Perhaps it is you who will end up being the ignorant one? Funny how Canada became a nation immediately following the US Civil War. Were you even aware of this? Were you even aware of the reasons why Canada decided to pursue it's own bloodless independence from Britain at the same time that the US Civil War was coming to an end? Perhaps your own arrogance has clouded your judgment on your own neighbors?

Question: do you always treat your neighbors with disrespect?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Prohibiting the CSA flag will be about as useful as the prohibitions of alcohol and marijuana - and we ALL now how wildly successful those were/are. It seems to be part of the modern American temperament that all we have to do is ban something (like teen sex) and all our problems will go away. Ban the "stars and bars" and - poof - no more racism; Martin Luther King's work will be completed. Ain't gonna happen.

Much as I don't care for that flag, what it stands for, or SOME (not all) of the people who embrace it, I will argue that its display is Constitutionally protected free speech. Same as granting the KKK permits to rally, so long as they can behave themselves in public. Our freedoms have to include the freedom to hold our noses and allow expressions of views that make our stomachs churn. Freedom can be a hard thing to live up to sometimes, but we have to do it - or piss it all away.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

tbrown

Prohibiting the CSA flag will be about as useful as the prohibitions of alcohol and marijuana

It hasn't been "prohibited" from anything except for flying in front of government buildings. About the only way to make the comparison you are making is to say that government officials are prohibited from smoking pot and drinking alcohol in front of government buildings. And I'd say that prohibition has probably been pretty successful; I've never heard much uproar about it.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

skypuppy

Lincoln was just responsible for the deaths of a million

The UK could have made peace with Hitler in 1940 but chose not to. Does that mean Churchill was responsible for the deaths of half a million Brits to prove a point?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

tbrown

Prohibiting the CSA flag will be about as useful as the prohibitions of alcohol and marijuana - and we ALL now how wildly successful those were/are. It seems to be part of the modern American temperament that all we have to do is ban something (like teen sex) and all our problems will go away. Ban the "stars and bars" and - poof - no more racism; Martin Luther King's work will be completed. Ain't gonna happen.

Much as I don't care for that flag, what it stands for, or SOME (not all) of the people who embrace it, I will argue that its display is Constitutionally protected free speech. Same as granting the KKK permits to rally, so long as they can behave themselves in public. Our freedoms have to include the freedom to hold our noses and allow expressions of views that make our stomachs churn. Freedom can be a hard thing to live up to sometimes, but we have to do it - or piss it all away.

The First Amendment does not require the state to endorse symbols of racism and bigotry, nor does it require corporations to sell such symbols. It simply protects the right of individuals to display such symbols, should they wish to advertise their views..

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I just think it's astounding that the people against whom it was used as a symbol of racism see it so negatively. They should give it a chance :|

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

jakee

***Lincoln was just responsible for the deaths of a million

The UK could have made peace with Hitler in 1940 but chose not to. Does that mean Churchill was responsible for the deaths of half a million Brits to prove a point?

Hitler was known to have started exterminating Jews, gypsies, and Jehovah's Witnesses before the war, and had invaded sovereign countries before Churchill announced war. So while you could say that Churchill was responsible for going to war, you can see why he did. Also, the safety of Great Britain after the rest of Europe fell to an already aggressive enemy gov't was pretty sure to be forfeit, if they didn't defend themselves.\\

No such circumstances existed before Lincoln decide to reinforce troops at Fort Sumter, which was pretty much an antagonistic move on the autonomy of the Southern States.

As has been pointed out, no other country had to kill 3/4 of a million of its citizens to eliminate slavery - slavery would have ended within 20-25 years anyways.