Amazon

9 African Americans shot in a church in Charleston SC

Driver1

Trust me, I want that pathetic little shit to fry for what he did. The death penalty fits such a crime.

Happy now? :P

I think he should hang.

Somebody suggested elsewhere to lay him flat in a pool full of piranha... Also to duct tape a plastic bag over his head and kick him in the nuts several times... There are some demented minds out there. :D

I wonder where in the constitution or even in the bible.... that sort of penalty is located.

Amazon

Trust me, I want that pathetic little shit to fry for what he did. The death penalty fits such a crime.

Happy now? :P

I think he should hang.

Somebody suggested elsewhere to lay him flat in a pool full of piranha... Also to duct tape a plastic bag over his head and kick him in the nuts several times... There are some demented minds out there. :D

I wonder where in the constitution or even in the bible.... that sort of penalty is located.

I bet you there are worse examples in the bible. :P
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

I bet you there are worse examples in the bible. :P

you'd prefer:

rain of fire?
covered in frogs?
drowned with everyone he knows?
turned into salt and rained on?
pestilence?
maybe some strange being with wings shows up and just smite him?

cripes, I hate being smited (smoted?, smoten? smiten?)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The whole comment was a farce. It was satire. And nothing is just satire.

I have noticed that German nationals tend to be the greatest at adding their opinions when an event happens in the US. And how differently things are done there and how much better it is.

It's somoewhat of a point that Germany has a history of thinking it is better than everywhere else. And it led to two world wars. There still seems to be an air of superiority that is demonstrated. This has had a peaceable result for the last 70 years but we here in the US are still dealing with racists with swastika tattoos.

The legacy of self-identified supremacy and superiority is something we deal with here all the time. And aggression toward others who aren't alike or even who disagree.

Pardon my sensitivity and lack of tolerance for Germans telling me that they are better. There is going to have to be a bit more time before I can out aside what that has done twice the in the last century.

It's like telling black people in the US to get over slavery. It ended 150 years ago. Still, if I as a white guy tell a black guy to go to work, I can still understand how this can be viewed under a prism of history of white men telling black men to work.

Same with Germans telling me we're doing it wrong and they are doing it better. You were as personally involved in that stuff as I was with slavery or Jim Crow. That is not at all. And that doesn't matter.

I apologize for my tone.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Amazon

***What is interesting is all the white people posting in this thread but where are the condemnations? Why aren't you white people condemning this shooting by one of your own?
It keeps on happening as well, white men shooting people in America, its time for all you white people to tackle these extremists and nut jobs in your community, don't pretend you don't know who they are its YOUR communities! >:(

I think in this case... since he has confessed to a "mission" the governor of the state of South Carolina has said outright that he must be considered for the ultimate penalty.

I wonder how many of our compassionate conservatives will call for the death penalty... or is that just reserved for people of color in the minds of those in the bible belt who jump on that bandwagon at the drop of a hat.

I think we will see much agreement between the left and the right. The lefties will agree that this is a person who deserves to die. And the righties will be the ones volunteering to end him.

lawrocket

******What is interesting is all the white people posting in this thread but where are the condemnations? Why aren't you white people condemning this shooting by one of your own?
It keeps on happening as well, white men shooting people in America, its time for all you white people to tackle these extremists and nut jobs in your community, don't pretend you don't know who they are its YOUR communities! >:(

I think in this case... since he has confessed to a "mission" the governor of the state of South Carolina has said outright that he must be considered for the ultimate penalty.

I wonder how many of our compassionate conservatives will call for the death penalty... or is that just reserved for people of color in the minds of those in the bible belt who jump on that bandwagon at the drop of a hat.

I think we will see much agreement between the left and the right. The lefties will agree that this is a person who deserves to die. And the righties will be the ones volunteering to end him.

My default position is to let GOD deal with him.... and remove him from society for a long an unproductive life behind bars in a super-max. I will NEVER give an ok for giving the power of death given over to any level of government over my fellow citizens no matter how much wrong they might have done in this life.

I think you need to give your WWII shit a rest. It’s not a suitable analogy.

In the US blacks are still mistreated today; in Germany things have changed a lot – you should visit and see for yourself.

The US gun/violence culture is fucked up. Yes, other advanced nations can and should speak up and say “look at how we do it here; this works fine and provides results”.

Take a pause with the “Star Spangled Awesomeness” diatribe and have a closer look.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

In the US blacks are still mistreated today; in Germany things have changed a lot – you should visit and see for yourself.

The US gun/violence culture is fucked up. Yes, other advanced nations can and should speak up and say “look at how we do it here; this works fine and provides results”.

Take a pause with the “Star Spangled Awesomeness” diatribe and have a closer look.

Hmm. So I explained it and apologized publicly. And you tell me I should give it a rest after I explained I was wrong.

That's how they do things over there?

lawrocket

Hmm. So I explained it and apologized publicly. And you tell me I should give it a rest after I explained I was wrong.

That's how they do things over there?

the response of "we are better now, you guys suck" - which was your entire point in the first place

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

RMK

Let me know when the demographics are even remotely similar. Then you can tell me how much things have changed.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

What is interesting is all the white people posting in this thread but where are the condemnations? Why aren't you white people condemning this shooting by one of your own?

In case you didn't get the memo...nine of our own were murdered by one of our own. Nine AMERICANS died at the hands of another AMERICAN. In the ongoing effort to "form a more perfect union" it sometimes, tragically, goes off the rails. And we keep seeing this everyday right now in Americans killing other Americans. Evil is evil and ya don't need to throw the race card into something that by it's very definition and evidence through millenia plagues us to this day irrespective of who or what or how. It's wrong clear and simple and that's the best you're going to get from me. I don't drink the bullshit Kool-Aid of racial politics. I spent 22 years in the military defending ALL COMMUNITIES in this country NOT just a select few.

In my substantial international travels, I like to think I did my best to be respectful of what ever country I was in and not be an ugly American in spite of the fact that on every trip, I'd hear some criticism, vitriol, whatever about MY country and the bulk of the crap I had to listen to and keep quiet about and just let it go is when I was in YOUR neck of the woods. You're entitled to your opinion but like anal orifices, everybody's got one and you've displayed yours quite well.

In the meantime, I gotta go buy some beer for you are the first I ever said this to and here goes. YOU validate the reason we kicked your asses outa here over 200 years ago and quite frankly, you got enough problems on your side of the pond to keep you very busy for a long time. So I would thank you to leave us to mourn and bury our dead.

In case you didn't get the memo...

I think you didn't get the memo. Andy explained it quite well (post 124 above).

Don

Ok, I'll bite.

I condemn Anvilbrother. He is a nut job waiting to happen. Seriously. In every other country he would already have been institutionalized. Here he is roaming wild and free spewing his poison.

Skyrad

What is interesting is all the white people posting in this thread but where are the condemnations? Why aren't you white people condemning this shooting by one of your own?

mpohl

Ok, I'll bite.

I condemn Anvilbrother. He is a nut job waiting to happen. Seriously. In every other country he would already have been institutionalized. Here he is roaming wild and free spewing his poison.

***What is interesting is all the white people posting in this thread but where are the condemnations? Why aren't you white people condemning this shooting by one of your own?

Nut job? It takes one to know one... :P

kallend

***Jon Stewart did a great segment on this incident on his show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlfBYm_WhNA

Changed the URL to a more direct source

It's pretty sad when a comedian shows more insight than a lot of the politicians.

I fully agree, Kallend

Driver1

******Jon Stewart did a great segment on this incident on his show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlfBYm_WhNA

Changed the URL to a more direct source

It's pretty sad when a comedian shows more insight than a lot of the politicians.

I fully agree, Kallend

The best comedians are great because they have insight and say it like they think. It takes Bill Maher to say something politically incorrect on Politically Incorrect. It takes Gilbert Gottfried to tell a 9/11 joke to get the ball rolling.

Stewart is a comedian. And can say what he wants for the purpose of provoking. I will miss him.

Boomerdog

In case you didn't get the memo...nine of our own were murdered by one of our own. Nine AMERICANS died at the hands of another AMERICAN. In the ongoing effort to "form a more perfect union" it sometimes, tragically, goes off the rails. And we keep seeing this everyday right now in Americans killing other Americans. Evil is evil and ya don't need to throw the race card into something that by it's very definition and evidence through millenia plagues us to this day irrespective of who or what or how. It's wrong clear and simple and that's the best you're going to get from me. I don't drink the bullshit Kool-Aid of racial politics. I spent 22 years in the military defending ALL COMMUNITIES in this country NOT just a select few.

In my substantial international travels, I like to think I did my best to be respectful of what ever country I was in and not be an ugly American in spite of the fact that on every trip, I'd hear some criticism, vitriol, whatever about MY country and the bulk of the crap I had to listen to and keep quiet about and just let it go is when I was in YOUR neck of the woods. You're entitled to your opinion but like anal orifices, everybody's got one and you've displayed yours quite well.

In the meantime, I gotta go buy some beer for you are the first I ever said this to and here goes. YOU validate the reason we kicked your asses outa here over 200 years ago and quite frankly, you got enough problems on your side of the pond to keep you very busy for a long time. So I would thank you to leave us to mourn and bury our dead.

OMG, I'm in tears. :)

How emotional....

...and how hypocritical. :(

dudeist skydiver # 3105

We've spent over a decade showing that we as a nation have developed an identity that involves going into places and killing people who are not like us. We bomb schools and places of worship, and crow about how much we're improving the world by doing so.

Then things like this happen, and people are fucking SURPRISED? The shooter was a piece of shit, and institutionalized racism likely has a large part in it, but until we stop doing it as a country I think it's unrealistic to expect the people who the country is made from to do much different.

We embrace violence abroad and put on airs about abhorring it at home, but we can't have it both ways.

It's not solely about race.

It's not solely about gender.

It's about humanity, and we're bad at it.
cavete terrae.

You have absolutely no clue, WHATSOEVER, about German nationals. So spare us your analysis coming from a fifth-tier law school graduate.

You want to talk to me eye-to-eye. Emigrate to Germany. Live in the country for 27 years (if you even can get past immigration laws.) Become a citizen.

Until then, all your opinions are just that. Opinions, unfounded!

Walk the walk. Don't just TALK!

lawrocket

The whole comment was a farce. It was satire. And nothing is just satire.

I have noticed that German nationals tend to be the greatest at adding their opinions when an event happens in the US. And how differently things are done there and how much better it is.

It's somoewhat of a point that Germany has a history of thinking it is better than everywhere else. And it led to two world wars. There still seems to be an air of superiority that is demonstrated. This has had a peaceable result for the last 70 years but we here in the US are still dealing with racists with swastika tattoos.

The legacy of self-identified supremacy and superiority is something we deal with here all the time. And aggression toward others who aren't alike or even who disagree.

Pardon my sensitivity and lack of tolerance for Germans telling me that they are better. There is going to have to be a bit more time before I can out aside what that has done twice the in the last century.

It's like telling black people in the US to get over slavery. It ended 150 years ago. Still, if I as a white guy tell a black guy to go to work, I can still understand how this can be viewed under a prism of history of white men telling black men to work.

Same with Germans telling me we're doing it wrong and they are doing it better. You were as personally involved in that stuff as I was with slavery or Jim Crow. That is not at all. And that doesn't matter.

I apologize for my tone.

grue

We've spent over a decade showing that we as a nation have developed an identity that involves going into places and killing people who are not like us. We bomb schools and places of worship, and crow about how much we're improving the world by doing so.

Then things like this happen, and people are fucking SURPRISED? The shooter was a piece of shit, and institutionalized racism likely has a large part in it, but until we stop doing it as a country I think it's unrealistic to expect the people who the country is made from to do much different.

We embrace violence abroad and put on airs about abhorring it at home, but we can't have it both ways.

It's not solely about race.

It's not solely about gender.

It's about humanity, and we're bad at it.

We are the world.. made up of people from every corner on this planet.

The country was built on slavery and the racism that went with it. Many of the early settlers were brought here as indentures/slaves.... and yes that included English, Irish and Scottish who paid for their passage by promising to work for 7 years. Others were the losers in the wars of the 17th and 18th century.... and seen to be traitors to the crown... in the late 1600's the importation of Africans to the Americas was stepped up as part of a circular trade in slaves, rum/sugar and other commodities between the new world and the old. The British Empire was built on it as was the Spanish, Portuguese, French and others. It was right there in the Bible.... and other sacred texts.... and it was OK. [:/]
Slavery still exists in places in the world.... in this country.. unless you are in the 1% you are still an economic slave to the oligarchs..... The country is a work in progress.. we can only hope it gets better and do things personally in our lives to change things that we know are wrong.