Hi Anvil,

I think you are lying.

That is absolutely uncalled for.

I would have expected better of you.

Shame.

Jerry Baumchen

Hey Jerry,

You have to understand what Kallend is saying hear:

Fortunately I live and work on the south side of Chicago, so I have no such problems.

You see Kallend is a rich 1%er college professor hidden away in his university's ivory tower where he can be filtered from such riffraff.

Also, his extremely large paycheck that is given to him by his students that are running up hundreds of thousands of dollars in student debt allow him to live in a neighbor hood free of "those people.":ph34r::ph34r:

Edited to add:

No victimhood for me in 37 years here. Maybe you need to move somewhere safer than Baton Rouge.

Because everyone can afford to live where he does....:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

***Hi Anvil,

I think you are lying.

Shame.

Jerry Baumchen

Hey Jerry,

You have to understand what Kallend is saying hear:

Fortunately I live and work on the south side of Chicago, so I have no such problems.

You see Kallend is a rich 1%er college professor hidden away in his university's ivory tower where he can be filtered from such riffraff.

Also, his extremely large paycheck that is given to him by his students that are running up hundreds of thousands of dollars in student debt allow him to live in a neighbor hood free of "those people.":ph34r::ph34r:

Edited to add:

No victimhood for me in 37 years here. Maybe you need to move somewhere safer than Baton Rouge.

Because everyone can afford to live where he does....:ph34r:

I HERE he is not even close to being a 1%er... this whole post is so telling of what ya'll believe about others who do not agree with your personal agenda.

jclalor

I don't understand, we elected a black President, there is no more racism in this country.

Uh huh.....riiiiiight

There are thousands of Facebook pages that prove you wrong daily... it is alive and as sick and demented as it ever has been.

It is interesting to see so many here that are incapable of "seeing" it when they post racist crap so often.

Cain't see the jungle cause of the tree's ya'll[:/]

I am not aware that any American university provides housing on campus, much less in an "ivory tower" (whatever that is). All the faculty I know live, shop, commute etc in the same neighborhoods as "regular people" live.

Also, his extremely large paycheck that is given to him by his students that are running up hundreds of thousands of dollars in student debt allow him to live in a neighbor hood free of "those people."
Because everyone can afford to live where he does....

Students freely choose to pay tuition because (especially in engineering) it is a good investment. Successful engineers have no trouble paying off that "student debt" because engineers provide essential services, the demand for engineers exceeds the supply, and so they are well compensated. People like Professor Kallend are well compensated because universities must compete with the private sector to be able to hire and retain the most talented people to train the next generation of engineers. Only fools would wish to limit universities to hiring faculty who would not be competitive in the private sector.

Because everyone can afford to live where he does....

Certainly, people without the foresight, ambition, or intelligence to invest in the education needed for a successful professional career might have a harder time. :ph34r::ph34r:

Don

Amazon

***I don't understand, we elected a black President, there is no more racism in this country.

Uh huh.....riiiiiight

There are thousands of Facebook pages that prove you wrong daily... it is alive and as sick and demented as it ever has been.

It is interesting to see so many here that are incapable of "seeing" it when they post racist crap so often.

I thought my sarcasm was a bit more pronounced.

tkhayes

incorrect assumption that no one had a gun. they may very well have had guns and been hiding under the pews just like everyone else, or running like hell. having a gun and being able and willing to use it in a given situation are separate things.

Correct TK. In their heads, they all think they live in a superhero action movie; they would've taken out the bad guy. Some stats on gun guys "saving the day":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/17/guns-self-defense-study_n_7608350.html
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

As per normal, the actual subject of this thread was abandoned within a few posts so that the usual suspects can spew their normal bile.

Did anyone notice that the suspect is wearing an old (apartheid) South African flag and what looks like an old Rhodesian flag on his jacket - see the attached picture.

Anyone care to speculate on his motives now?

Erroll

As per normal, the actual subject of this thread was abandoned within a few posts so that the usual suspects can spew their normal bile.

Did anyone notice that the suspect is wearing an old (apartheid) South African flag and what looks like an old Rhodesian flag on his jacket - see the attached picture.

Anyone care to speculate on his motives now?

I think we may get a flock of crickets.... before excuses are made.

The look of hatred in that young mans eyes......[:/]

GeorgiaDon

Certainly, people without the foresight, ambition, or intelligence to invest in the education needed for a successful professional career might have a harder time. :ph34r::ph34r:

Don

That has nothing to do with it. It's all white privilege. Everything is handed to you on a silver platter if your white. Check your privilege....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Plus I'm tired of Kallend always flaunting his white privilege in my face. I'm all out, can someone spare a cup?:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Amazon

***I don't understand, we elected a black President, there is no more racism in this country.

Uh huh.....riiiiiight

And it appears that racism in America wasn't enough for him. So he had to look to European whites in Africa to find the type of racism he was looking for. Apparently it just isn't racist enough for him anymore.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Amazon

I HERE he is not even close to being a 1%er... this whole post is so telling of what ya'll believe about others who do not agree with your personal agenda.

If he's making 6 figures he's doing a lot better than the rest of the country, and if he can live in a neighborhood in Chicago where he doesn't have to worry about crime, well, stop flaunting your whit privilege!!!!:ph34r:

JerryBaumchen

Hi Anvil,

I think you are lying.

Shame.

Jerry Baumchen

Do we not have the right to call someone out on something? 37 years in Chicago and he has never been a victim of any type of crime...I call bullshit.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I cannot for the life of me imagine living a life where I think it's necessary to wear two guns all the time. I think it's absolutely unbelievable that you accept living in a society where you think you must be ready to take a life at moments notice. I cannot fathom the paranoia one must have to live like that.

It's not paranoia at all, it's just cold hard stat facts. FYI, the reason 4 2 is one large cal in a holster .40 cal in the small of my back, and one on my ankle, 38 cal. I have drawn my weapon ONCE over the years. I'm not Wyatt Earp and this isn't Tombstone.

Do you sit in a tactically favorable position in church? You only sit where you can see the entrance, you only go to churches with solid wood pews for better cover?

There are several entrances in our sanctuary, church office, fellowship hall, etc...No way to cover them all. I'm not the only one who carries in church. We do it for a reason. Ya never know. How ever should the unexpected ever occur, the perp won't be walking away. It is our right to protect our congregation. When our church is full, we have over 1,500 people there.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Fortunately I live and work on the south side of Chicago, so I have no such paranoid fears for my safety.

It's not for my safety, it's for the well being of the defenseless. It has nothing to do with my safety as I am fearless. Heck, I jump out of planes, just like you.
-Richard-

You're gonna need more guns then.

The teachers in schools, and students on university campuses are allowed open carry, you got a problem with that? If so get over it. Stay in Florida where your prolly the biggest and baddest in the entire state. I hope you never have to be in a situation where you WISHED you had a weapon. God, you bleeding heart liberals kill me. Keep your whining and crying to a minimum....PLEASE. If there would have been someone in that prayer group that had a weapon, and was trained to use it, the cat that shot those people would have never made it out the door, and maybe, just maybe the body count wouldn't have been so high. Reckon? (I already know your response) What do you carry....a friggin sling shot?
-Richard-

Sigh...
Now we'll have to arm Kindergarten teachers AND pastors.

While we spend gazillions of tax dollars chasing the "terrorists" around the Middle East, to keep Americans safe, we overlook what is really killing Americans here quite violently.

The NRA will come out with the tired line of "good guy with a gun would have stopped this".

The anti gun movement will want all guns banned.

The politicians will all cry how terrible this is.

People will hold candle light vigils for the victims.

The crazy people will blame Obama.

The racists will bring up Freddie Gray and Trayvon Martin, etc, etc.

The talking heads on TV will all yell their opinions.

The conspiracy theorists will all blame the government and say this is another staged shooting to take everyone's guns.

Next week it will be some school, movie theater, church, shopping center with more bullets flying, more blood spilled, more tears shed.

It's time to really have a national debate to try and find some real solutions, and too try to keep crazy hands off of guns.

sigh...

Note: I am not anti gun, just anti gun violence. I carried one for work and have owned a pistol, rifle and shotgun.

Dude, the corpses are still leaking blood. That couldn't wait for another 5 minutes?

Counselor: The corpses are not still leaking blood, that's ridiculous. If you dont have the stomach for this kind of situation, go into exile? I was speaking from the past events all the way back to Rodney King. We all know what's happened lately. Their 1st reaction is to loot, burn steal, and the liquor stores and pharmacies are always the 1st to get hit God forbid they burn up the booze and dope. You don't like that, complain to the historic facts, I don't want to hear it.
-Richard-

Sigh... Now we'll have to arm Kindergarten teachers AND pastors.
While we spend gazillions of tax dollars chasing the "terrorists" around the Middle East, to keep Americans safe, we overlook what is really killing Americans here quite violently.
The NRA will come out with the tired line of "good guy with a gun would have stopped this".
The anti gun movement will want all guns banned. The politicians will all cry how terrible this is. People will hold candle light vigils for the victims. The crazy people will blame Obama. The racists will bring up Freddie Gray and Trayvon Martin, etc, etc. The talking heads on TV will all yell their opinions. The conspiracy theorists will all blame the government and say this is another staged shooting to take everyone's guns. Next week it will be some school, movie theater, church, shopping center with more bullets flying, more blood spilled, more tears shed. It's time to really have a national debate to try and find some real solutions, and too try to keep crazy hands off of guns. sigh....

So I'm clear, Just exactly what is your complaint??
-Richard-

Do your posts here seem intelligible to you when you're typing?

God damn, they're "missing the mark" for those smarter than cocker spaniels when reading them.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

winsor

Dollars to doughnuts says the guy was on some of the popular psychiatric meds (Prozac, Zoloft, Luvox, Paxil, Celexa, Welbutrin, etc.).

I'm willing to bet the guy was self medicating with other street-type psychotropics.

My wife is hotter than your wife.