Amazon

9 African Americans shot in a church in Charleston SC

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/17/charleston-south-carolina-shooting/28902017/

Wonder what brought that on.....[:/]

South Carolina Rep. Peter McCoy tweeted that nine people were confirmed dead.

The suspect is a male about 21-years-old and is wearing a grey sweatshirt or hoodie, blue jeans and Timberland boots, officials said.

"I do believe this was a hate crime," Police Chief Gregory Mullen said.

I'm having a hard time with this one. They don't even know who the shooter is yet and they are declaring it a "hate crime."

Now, this is South Carolina, the shooter was white, and the Church was a primarily black church, so it is a 90% safe assumption, but at this point it's still an assumption.

Or are we just all-in for a race war? Screw it, beam me up Xenu, I'm done with this planet....:S
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Another tragic waste of life. How long until the NRA call for all preachers to be armed?

In Texas, Our new Govenor, Gregg Abbott did just that....Open Carry, not concealed. I carry 2, every where I go, even church, (Concealed) I cannot understand for the life of me why someone in the congregation didn't have a gun. NOW, here we go again with whitey shooting the people of color, riots, looting, you know the rest of the deal. Liquor stores and pharmacies first!
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

rwieder

Another tragic waste of life. How long until the NRA call for all preachers to be armed?

In Texas, Our new Govenor, Gregg Abbott did just that....Open Carry, not concealed. I carry 2, every where I go, even church, (Concealed) I cannot understand for the life of me why someone in the congregation didn't have a gun. NOW, here we go again with whitey shooting the people of color, riots, looting, you know the rest of the deal. Liquor stores and pharmacies first!

Hi Ya'll,
It's Happening!!! Right now the clutch isn't all the way out in First gear!!! Just like in a "Drag Race" who win's or loses depends on how fast yer goin' when ya' "Pop Second!!!" When that happens, it will be "All Out WAR!!!!" Got that Kiddies?? If'n ya' don't,......get yer G.D. Head outa' the sand!!!!!!!!!
Got Gunz.....OUTLAW????<
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi Ya'll,
It's Happening!!! Right now the clutch isn't all the way out in First gear!!! Just like in a "Drag Race" who win's or loses depends on how fast yer goin' when ya' "Pop Second!!!" When that happens, it will be "All Out WAR!!!!" Got that Kiddies?? If'n ya' don't,......get yer G.D. Head outa' the sand!!!!!!!!!
Got Gunz.....OUTLAW????

Can I have some of what your having please?;)

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Amazon

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/17/charleston-south-carolina-shooting/28902017/

Wonder what brought that on.....[:/]

South Carolina Rep. Peter McCoy tweeted that nine people were confirmed dead.

The suspect is a male about 21-years-old and is wearing a grey sweatshirt or hoodie, blue jeans and Timberland boots, officials said.

Oddly enough, when I lived in Massachusetts it was still a crime to attend a church without a loaded shotgun.

It turns out that, when Europeans showed up, the locals concluded that the most effective way to implement immigration reform was to reduce the numbers of immigrants when they were all in one place and unarmed. Since church attendance was mandatory, that covered the first part of the equation.

The legislature decided to ensure that the only way to address the problem was to ensure that every good Christian possessed the means to dispatch any heathens who sought to send them to Heaven when they met on the Sabbath.

Needless to say, this law was not enforced, but I am not sure that it has been updated. Some dairy farmer brought his herd to Boston Common to graze, and it turned out the 17th Century legislation actually mandated his doing so.

In any event, the shooter has garnered support for his victims from those who might not normally be on their side, and has alienated many who might not have opposed him otherwise.

What an asshole.

BSBD,

Winsor

I cannot for the life of me imagine living a life where I think it's necessary to wear two guns all the time. I think it's absolutely unbelievable that you accept living in a society where you think you must be ready to take a life at moments notice. I cannot fathom the paranoia one must have to live like that.

I can imagine you eyeing "suspicious" people, thinking over the tactical situation in the 7/11 where you go to get milk, checking which aisle gives the best cover in Walmart. Do you sit in a tactically favorable position in church? You only sit where you can see the entrance, you only go to churches with solid wood pews for better cover?

Does your quality of life not suffer from being constantly worried, that you could get shot at any moment?

rwieder

Fortunately I live and work on the south side of Chicago, so I have no such paranoid fears for my safety.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yea it sucks, but don't blame him he's the victim here. You respond to your environment, and yes the US is full of shit stains that would rather steal and kill than get a job and work. We were in the grocery store Tuesday getting food for the baseball game and when we got to the front of the store to check out there was about 9 cop cars everywhere. They had just been robbed.

My house has been broken into 2 times in 10 years, and another time just the storage shed was pried open. The fire station where I work at was robbed once and computers were taken, and another station was held at knife point until the guys working agreed to drive the guy across town and drop him off.

My inlaws were robbed by the home health nurse that was taking care of my invalid father in law. A couple months ago my coworker had his front door kicked in and tv and Xbox stolen. I can name dozens of other recent incidents. And this isn't even talking about the violent crimes and murders.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Yea it sucks, but don't blame him he's the victim here. You respond to your environment, and yes the US is full of shit stains that would rather steal and kill than get a job and work. We were in the grocery store Tuesday getting food for the baseball game and when we got to the front of the store to check out there was about 9 cop cars everywhere. They had just been robbed.

My house has been broken into 2 times in 10 years, and another time just the storage shed was pried open. The fire station where I work at was robbed once and computers were taken, and another station was held at knife point until the guys working agreed to drive the guy across town and drop him off.

My inlaws were robbed by the home health nurse that was taking care of my invalid father in law. A couple months ago my coworker had his front door kicked in and tv and Xbox stolen. I can name dozens of other recent incidents. And this isn't even talking about the violent crimes and murders.

Fortunately I live and work on the south side of Chicago, so I have no such problems.

Does your quality of life not suffer from being constantly worried, that you could get shot at any moment?

I kind of wonder about that myself. I have a CCW permit, but never carry. Everyone/everything becomes a threat. Carrying makes me feel extremely paranoid - so I don't.

Sitflying a Dolphin container with an Argus AAD is much more likely to cause a problem for me than someone else with a gun.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana our crime stats are on par or worse than yours. Congrats on never having been a victim or knowing any, I think you are lying.

Fortunately I live and work on the south side of Chicago, so I have no such problems.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

It's kinda line wondering whether Germany is going to start another world war. In order to make sure that doesn't happen the US maintained a military presence over yonder. And Germany has been forced to behave xfor 70 years now.

It's not a matter of fear anymore. It's a matter of security. Really. What are the chances that Germany is going to start another world war? The answer is zero so long as we have civilized people with guns of all sizes letting Germans know that the war will be over before they have a chance to really get it going.

So, too, do people carry guns in the US. No, Germans don't scare us. We scare them. Germans won't dare start shit with Americans around. So, too, do Americans have guns in public.

And note: I have less fear of a member of the American public than I do of a German airline pilot.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

It's kinda line wondering whether Germany is going to start another world war. In order to make sure that doesn't happen the US maintained a military presence over yonder. And Germany has been forced to behave xfor 70 years now.

It's not a matter of fear anymore. It's a matter of security. Really. What are the chances that Germany is going to start another world war? The answer is zero so long as we have civilized people with guns of all sizes letting Germans know that the war will be over before they have a chance to really get it going.

So, too, do people carry guns in the US. No, Germans don't scare us. We scare them. Germans won't dare start shit with Americans around. So, too, do Americans have guns in public.

And note: I have less fear of a member of the American public than I do of a German airline pilot.

I'd like to add to this that it must be wonderful to live in such a crime free society as Germany. It must be a complete utopia.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

But is has clearly been demonstrated time and time again that this just doesn't work. If it did then people wouldn't be murdered by the dozen every day...

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

CornishChris

But is has clearly been demonstrated time and time again that this just doesn't work. If it did then people wouldn't be murdered by the dozen every day...

I understand that some people and societies are so inherently violent that they have made the collective decisions to ban guns. I get that and applaud those societies for having the understanding that they know that not a single private citizen can be trusted.

It's like an alcoholic who gets rid of all alcohol in the house because he knows he can't have it around or else he will drink all of it. If there is a whole society of alcoholics then the way to ensure no further problems is to ban it from society.

So, too, with guns. Americans understand that there is a small fraction of society who are assholes. So we choose to protect ourselves. We tried it in the past where we banned alcohol. It caused more problems.

Banning guns works in Europe? That's fine. But recall that America was founded by people the Europeans banned. Americans are the guns and the alcohol that Europe didn't want. Our forefathers ventured to this land because even Massachusetts was better than what y'all had there.

Expecting a couple try founded by religious nuts with guns who mistrusted government. So government was formed that didn't trust itself. Our Constitution was first amended with a series of "up yours" to its history. First Amendment protected religion and speech. Second amendment protected guns. Third amendment protected against the quartering of troops. Fourth against unwarranted search and seizure. Etc.

Yep. It did mean that the citizenry was a pain in the ass to the government. That's how it was supposed to be. By design.

It means that we do have some problems. In the grand scheme, I'm okay with that.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

incorrect assumption that no one had a gun. they may very well have had guns and been hiding under the pews just like everyone else, or running like hell. having a gun and being able and willing to use it in a given situation are separate things.

rwieder

Sounds like a bunch of folks are wanting to mess with Texas if ya'll need two. Always liked the cowboy movies with the low slung Colts on each side ready for the inevitable.

Anvilbrother

I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana our crime stats are on par or worse than yours. Congrats on never having been a victim or knowing any, I think you are lying.

No victimhood for me in 37 years here. Maybe you need to move somewhere safer than Baton Rouge.

Andy9o8

Liquor stores and pharmacies first!

Dude, the corpses are still leaking blood. That couldn't wait for another 5 minutes?

You can learn a lot about people on this forum. It's often quite depressing, unfortunately.

Don